(万圣节前一周)
手指要弯曲
Curl your fingers.
弯曲
Curve.
彼得?
Peter?
有奇怪的声音
I heard something.
什么?
What?
彼得?
Peter?
几点了?
What time is it?
什么声音?
What did you hear?
来吧
Come on.
这里吗?
This one?
嗯
Hmm.
我没听到声音呀
I don’t hear anything.
你呢?
Do you?
这栋房♥子很老了
This is an old house.
晚上难免会有些噪音
There’s bound to be bumps in the night.
去睡觉吧
Come to bed.
你的想象力非常丰富 非常美好
You have a great, big, beautiful imagination.
那些吓人的东西
And all those scary things?
只存在于你的想象中
They’re just in your head.
课间休息的时候你会更惨
You’ll get more at recess.
好了 安静
All right, settle. Settle.
同学们
Students.
这位是迪瓦恩老师
This is Miss Devine.
在比特勒老师回来之前
She’ll be your substitute teacher
她就是你们的代课老师
until Mrs. Bitler comes back.
祝你好运
Good luck.
早上好
Good morning.
校长刚才介绍过了 我是迪瓦恩老师
As your principal just said, my name is Miss Devine.
我会慢慢认识大家的
I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you.
彼得
Peter.
马上就到课间休息了
Recess is coming.
好...
Okay...
啊
Oh!
嗨...
Hi. Um...
彼得
Peter.
这是课间休息时间
You’re supposed to be at recess.
我不喜欢课间休息
I don’t like recess.
你不喜欢跟朋友们出去玩吗?
You don’t want to play with your friends?
那你就留在这里吧
Okay. You can stay here.
你可以帮我装饰教室
Yeah, you can help me with the decorations.
我喜欢万圣节
I love Halloween.
你想要要打扮成什么样了吗?
Do you know what you’re going as?
时间足够 慢慢想吧
Well, you have plenty of time to figure it out.
没关系的
Look, it’s okay. It’s okay.
没关系的 看
It’s okay. Here.
呃...
Um...
把这个从下面插♥进♥去
Yeah, and take this and slide it under, okay?
没事的
It’s okay.
对了
Yeah.
好了 这就对了
There you go. Like that.
拿起来 从窗户那里放出去吧
Pick it up. We’re gonna take this to the window.
呃...
Um...
我万圣节要扮什么?
What am I gonna be for Halloween?
我也想装扮 想去要糖果
I want to dress up. I want to trick-or-treat.
学校里的同学都会这样
All the other kids at school get to do it.
因为他们不是我们家的孩子
And we’re not their parents.
嘿 彼得
Hey, Pete.
你知道马路尽头的那栋老房♥子吗?
You know the old house down the end of the lane,
窗户用木板封起来的那家?
with the boarded windows?
他早晚会知道的
He’s going to find out eventually.
-卡罗尔 -怎么了?
Carol. What?
几年之前 那时候你还没出生
Well, a few years ago, before you were born,
有一个小女孩住在那里
the little girl that lived there,
她在万圣节那天失踪了
she vanished on Halloween.
怎么回事?
What happened?
没人知道
Well, nobody knows.
她出门要糖果 然后就失踪了
She went out trick-or-treating and she disappeared.
这件事影响很大
It was a very traumatic event.
附近的居民都很痛苦
For everybody in the neighborhood.
而我…
And I, personally,
不想再回忆这件事
don’t like remembering it.
-我也会消失吗? -彼得
Am I gonna disappear? Oh, Peter.
当然不会了 宝贝
Of course not, honey. No.
我们不会让你发生这种事 永远不会
We would never let that happen to you. Ever.
知道吗?
Okay?
-彼得 -爸爸
Peter. Daddy!
别 彼得 别告诉他
No, Peter. Don’t tell him.
爸爸!
Daddy!
彼得
Peter.
彼得?
Pete?
怎么了?
What’s going on?
我又听见声音了
I heard something again.
彼得
Peter.
真的听到了
I really did, though.
好吧 从哪里传来的?
All right, and, uh, from where?
好
Okay.
我敢说肯定是老鼠
You know what? I bet it’s rats.
不过我有办法
But I’ve got something that’ll take care of that.
老鼠?
Rats?
好像是肉桂的味道
It smells like cinnamon.
小心点
Well, be careful.
表面上甜美的东西可能很危险
Not everything is as sweet as it seems.
老鼠会吃吗?
They eat it?
-就是为了让它们吃的 -然后呢?
That’s the idea. Then what?
这个嘛...
Well...
彼得 家里不能有老鼠
Pete, we can’t have rats.
它们乱咬东西 传播疾病
They bite. They... They spread disease.
而且晚上还会把你吵醒
Not to mention, keep you up all hours of the night.
对吧?
Mm-hmm?
大概吧
I guess.
听着
Look.
有时候为了保护家人
Sometimes, you have to make tough decisions
必须做出艰难的决定
to protect your family.
你明白吗?
You understand?
嗯
Mm-hmm.
“灯光把他的影子投在地板上 *爱伦坡的《乌鸦》
"Throws his shadow on the floor.
而我的灵魂
"And my soul from out that shadow
将从漂浮在地面上的影子中
"that lies floating on the floor,
升起…
"shall be lifted...
一去不复返”
"nevermore."
(帮帮我)
有什么事吗?
May I help you?
你是彼得的妈妈吗?
Uh, are you Peter’s mom?
是
Yes...
抱歉突然到访
Sorry for showing up like this, uninvited.
我是彼得的老师
I’m Peter’s teacher.
代课老师
Substitute.
对 他说过来了一位代课老师
Of course, he did mention that he had a substitute.
没想到你会家访
Never known one to make house calls.
我只是想来一趟
Yeah, I just wanted to come over
亲自看看他
and... and check on him personally.
我以前也是老师
Hmm. I was a teacher myself.
生孩子之前
That was before I... I became a mother.
他没事吧?
Is he all right?
皮特?没事啊
Peter? Yes.
呃...
Um...
我有东西想给你看
I... I did want to show you something.
这是什么?
What’s this?
孩子们画的万圣节主题的画
The children were drawing for Halloween.
这是彼得画的?
Peter painted this?