对
Yes. Yes.
其他孩子画的都是怪物、女巫 但是彼得…
The other children drew monsters and witches, but Peter...
我知道了
I see.
真是太尴尬了
Huh. Well, this is embarrassing.
是这样 彼得的想象力太丰富了
You see, Peter has an overactive imagination.
他现在还是经常半夜
He still wakes his father and I up
把我和他爸叫醒
in the middle of the night
就因为他想象出来的东西
with all of his little flights of fancy which, uh,
就是这幅画里画的
which is all this picture is.
不过我很感谢你的关心
I do appreciate your concern though.
这是什么?
What is this?
-画 -画的什么?
A drawing. A drawing of what?
画的什么?
A drawing of what?
这是你的房♥间啊 彼得 你为什么让人帮你?
This is your room, Peter. Why are you asking for help?
我没有
I’m not.
彼得 你为什么向陌生人求助?
Why are you asking strangers for help, Peter?
我没有
I’m not.
-是她求助 -你说什么?
She is. What was that?
就是一幅吓人的画 妈妈
It’s just a scary drawing, Mom.
彼得 你的想象力
Oh, that imagination of yours, Peter.
总有一天会让你惹上麻烦的
It’s going to get you into trouble one day.
彼得 醒醒
Wake up, Peter.
彼得
Peter.
别害怕
Don’t be scared.
我只想跟你聊聊天
I just want to talk.
别再说了
Please be quiet.
你是我想象出来的
I’m imagining you.
你不是真的
You’re not real.
也许不是 也许是
Maybe, maybe not.
但是我觉得你好像需要朋友
But it seems to me like you could use a friend.
反正我需要
I know I could.
但如果你不需要 我就走了
But if you don’t want one, I’ll just leave.
等等 别走
Wait, don’t go.
对不起
I’m sorry.
留下吧
Please stay.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
嗯 我们可以聊天
Yes, we can talk.
彼得 好棒呀 他叫什么?
Peter, this is great. What’s his name?
小勇
Hector.
当然了
Of course.
他看起来就很勇猛
He looks like a Hector.
这是我最喜欢的作品
This one’s my favorite.
嘘
Shh.
别这样!
Stop!
求你了!
Please!
彼得 你在吗?
Peter. Are you there?
你还好吧?
Are you okay?
你为什么哭呀?
Why are you crying?
有人欺负你了吗?
Did someone hurt you?
嗯
Mm.
布莱恩
Brian.
他每天都把我推倒
He shoves me down every day.
我以前也害怕这种事
I was afraid of something like that.
但是我相信你 彼得
But I believe in you, Peter.
嗯
Mm.
你很强大 可以为自己出头
I bet you’re strong enough to stand up for yourself.
只要你努力
If you just try.
倒霉咯
Busted.
对不起 彼得
I’m sorry, Peter.
布莱恩这样做很友好 对不对 彼得?
That was very nice of Brian, wasn’t it, Peter?
让他知道你不再怕他了
Show him you’re not afraid anymore.
让他怕你
Make him afraid of you.
推回去
You have to push back.
彼得!你为什么...
Peter! Why are you...
来人啊!
Help!
我不明白为什么会出这种事!
I don’t understand how this could have happened!
彼得从来没做过这种事!
Peter has never done anything like this before!
他从来不会做暴♥力♥的事!
He doesn’t have a violent bone in his body!
肯定是意外
It was an accident. I’m sure of it.
开除?
Expelled?
你有什么要解释的吗 皮特?
Do you have anything to say for yourself, Peter?
皮特?
Peter?
我不想把他推下楼梯的
I didn’t mean for him to fall down the stairs.
老天啊 皮特
For God’s sakes. We are not a family
我们家从来不用暴♥力♥解决问题
that solves our problems with violence, Peter.
从来没有过
Ever.
我不明白你为什么会有这种行为!
I don’t understand where this kind of behavior comes from!
彼得在学校画了一幅画
Peter drew a picture. For school.
-什么? -对不起
What? I’m sorry.
我应该早点告诉你的
I know that I should have told you earlier.
-但是… -等等 什么画?
But I... Hold on, hold on. What kind of picture?
到底是什么画 卡罗尔
What kind of picture, Carol?
一个孩子
A child.
一个孩子在求救
A child asking for help.
什么?
What?
我就知道你会这么想
I knew that you would jump to conclusions.
你到现在才告诉我?
You’re only telling me this now?
-我知道不可能… -行了
And it’s just not possible. Okay, stop.
-就算我告诉你… -够了
Even when I tell you about... Stop.
彼得 你为什么画那种画?
Peter. Why would you draw a picture like that?
-彼得! -因为我听到她说话了!
Peter! Because I really heard her!
没有!你没有!
No, you did not! No!
你被关禁闭了
You’re grounded.
好了 彼得 回你的房♥间去
Okay, Peter. Go to your room.
不行!卡罗尔 他被关禁闭了
No, no, no! Carol, he’s grounded.
他要去地下室
He’s going in the basement.
快点
Now.
站起来
Stand up.
我让你站起来
I said, stand up.
起来
Get up.
下去
Go.
妈妈?
Mom?
坐下
Sit.
我们这样做是因为我们爱你
We’re doing this because we love you. Because we love you.
有人吗?
Hello?
你在吗?
Are you there?
跟我说说话吧
Please talk to me.
什么破东西
What a stupid thing.
该死!
God damn it!
怎么不管用?
Why won’t you work?
你去学生家了?
You went to a student’s house?
是的
I did.
我想确定彼得没事
I wanted to make sure that Peter was okay.
他身上有伤痕吗?
Is he showing up with bruises?
没有 我没见过
No, not that I can see.
他尿过裤子吗?
Does he wet himself?
他聊过性的事吗? 或者其他那个年纪不该说的话题?
Is he talking about sex or other things a boy his age shouldn’t know about?
没有
No.
那我们就没有什么能做的
Then, unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do.
像彼得一样的孩子太多了
There are a lot of Peters.
我知道你想保护无辜的孩子 不被残酷的生活伤害
Delicate little kids you want to protect from life’s cruelties,
但你不能太投入个人感情
but you can’t get personally invested.
你会被毁掉的
You’ll be eaten alive.
你见过他家长吗?他妈妈好像...
You’ve met his parents? His mother, there’s something...
不太对劲
off about her.
几年前他们那个社区
There’s a child that disappeared
有个小女孩失踪了
from their neighborhood years ago.
这种事
Something like that
会让所有家长过度保护孩子
would make any parent overprotective.
-你好 -嗨
Hello. Hi.