You know, I do a shit load of reading and studying and praying
在经过好一番阅读 研究和祈祷之后
and I've come to a few conclusions I wanna share.
我得出了一点可以拿来分享的成果
People look at politicians and celebrities on the TV and
人们看着政客要人出现在
the newspapers... glossy magazines, what do they see?
电视报纸杂♥志♥上时 到底都看到了些什么
"I am just like them." That's what they say.
"他们就跟我一样" 人们这么说
"I'm special. I'm different. I can be anyone of them."
"我很特别 很出众 也能像他们一样"
Well, guess what? You can't!
知道吗 你不行
You know why? Cause in reality,
为什么 因为在现实中
mediocrity's where most people lived.
绝大部分人都活得很平庸
Mediocrity is the elephant of the room. Ubiquitous!
但是大家都对无处不在的平庸 绝口不提
Mediocrity's in your schools,
平庸存在于你的学校里
it's in your dreams, it's in your family.
你的梦想里 你的家庭里
Those of us who knows this, those of us who understand
我们当中对此有意识的人 认识到
the disease of the dull, we do something about it.
乏味之可怕的人 努力去改变
We do more because we have to.
我们不得不去做更多
The deck was always stack against us.
人生就是一手烂牌
You're either a big leader or you're a slave
你要么呼风唤雨 要么做牛做马
clawing your way onto the sea train.
奋力爬向海上的劳工船
Some people said Jack Abramoff moved too fast,
有人说杰克·阿布拉莫夫走得太快
Jack Abramoff cuts corner.
杰克·阿布拉莫夫抄了捷径
Well, I said to them, if that's the difference
那我告诉他们 如果这样
between me and my family having a good life
可以让我与我的家人生活优裕
and walking the news in the subway everyday... then so be it.
成为名人 那我乐意这么做
I'll not allowed my family to be slaves.
我不容许我的家人变为奴隶
I will not allowed the world I touched to be vanilla.
我不容许身边的一切变得平淡乏味
You said I'm selfish, fuck you! I gave back, I gave back plenty.
你说我自私 我♥操♥ 我做的贡献够多了
You said I've got a big ego? Fuck you twice!
你说我自大 我再操
I'm humbly grateful, for the wonderful gifts that I received
对于美国 这个星球上最伟大的国家
here in America... the greatest country on this planet.
赐予我的一切 我简直感激涕零
I'm Jack Abramoff,
我是杰克·阿布拉莫夫
and oh yeah, I worked out every day.
没错 我每天都忙得不可开交
Mr. Sprague?
斯普雷格先生
Susan Schmidt of the Washington Post.
我是华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥的苏珊·施密特
Find it alright? Yeah, thanks for seeing me.
还好吧 谢谢您肯见我
I've got a lot of questions for you.
我有许多问题想问
Jack Abramoff, right? I hear he was charging
杰克·阿布拉莫夫是吧 我听说
the tribe an exorbitant fees.
他向印第安部落漫天要价
30 million or more. So, I guess you've met
三千万 甚至更多 那我猜
his partner Mike Scanlon too?
你也见到了他的搭档迈克·斯坎隆吧
Oh yeah, he's a real cowboy.
对 他真是个牛仔
Looks like they might be in some troubles.
看起来他们遇到了些麻烦
Jack? Honey!
杰克 亲爱的
Jack?! Dad...
杰克 爸爸...
Mikey.
小迈
Hey, I've been calling you all day, dude.
我给你打了一天电♥话♥了 老兄
Where are you? I'm in L.A.
你在哪儿 我在洛杉矶
What the fuck are you doing in L.A.? Our world's collapsing here.
你♥他♥妈♥在洛杉矶干吗 我们这儿出大乱子了
Wait! What have you heard? Are you going to be indicted?
等等 你都听到了些什么 你要被起诉吗
Like a federal marshall is looking for me, okay.
有个联邦的马绍尔在找我
I had a hundred media calls today.
我今天接了上百个媒体的电♥话♥
We're under horrific assault from the
底下有人出♥卖♥♥♥了我们
workforce, that isn't our culture. I know... I know,
平常可不会这样啊 我知道
Hey, you're the only one that returned my call.
你是唯一一个给我回电♥话♥的人
The president probably
总统可能在销毁
destroying every picture he ever took with you.
跟你一起的每张合照
Well, you're no one in this town until you've met us.
你在遇到我们之前可是一文不名啊
That isn't funny, Jack.
这不好笑 杰克
Don't fucking mess with my chi here.
你♥他♥妈♥现在别和我开玩笑
I'm serious. We're super fuck here, okay.
我是说真的 这里一团糟 好吗
They're calling us the new Watergate, Jack!
他们称之为新水门事件 杰克
We're about to be on the nightly news.
我们大概要上晚间新闻了
Step up to the line.
请站到线后
Dear Mr. President, I write
亲爱的总统先生 我谨怀着
you this petition with hope and prayers.
希望与祈求向您请♥愿♥
As a man of faith, I've come to see God moves in mysterious way.
作为一名教♥徒♥ 我看到造化何等奇妙
After we're born, he gave us the choice of two paths.
我等降生后 他给我们两条道路可选
Please don't smile. I am not smiling.
请别笑 我没笑
Accept the world the way it is.
要么接受现实
Or see it for how we might want it to be.
要么想想如何改变它
I need a right.
拍右侧
Right.
右侧
To me, the choice was obvious.
对我而言 答案很显然
How long you'll be holding me here?
我会被关在这儿多久
You can get that information from your lawyer.
你可以询问你的律师
I do get my own cell, right?
我住单人牢房♥ 对吧
I only eat kosher, okay. You do serve kosher!?
我只吃犹太餐 你们提供犹太餐吧
Mr. Abramoff, this is a
阿布拉莫夫先生 这里是
federal holding facility. It is not kosher.
联邦收♥容♥所♥ 不是犹太餐馆
Jack Abramoff.
我是杰克·阿布拉莫夫
Snake.
我是毒蛇
What are you in for, Snake?
你犯了什么事 毒蛇
Assault and battery, resisting arrest...
侵犯人身 殴打 拒捕
chicken shit things like that. How about you?
鸡毛蒜皮的事 你呢
Oh me? I work in D.C.
我吗 我在政♥府♥工作
I am a lobbyist. Lobbyist. That against the law?
我是个说客 说客 那也犯法吗
Lobbyists - Noun
说客 [名词]
1. A person who tries to influence
一 代表某方利益
legislation on behalf of a special interest.
试图影响立法的人
2. A person who tries to influence public
二 试图游说公共官员
officials to take a desired action.
采取某种措施以达到其目的的人
Next to God, faith and country,
除了上帝 信仰和国家之外
nothing's more important than influence.
没有什么比影响力更重要
Political influence.
政♥治♥影响力
Influences with the powerful is like the influence with God.
影响当权者就像影响上帝一样
Without it, there's only eternal hellfire, damnation
影响力不够 只会招致永恒的业火 诅咒
and congressional logjam.
和国会混乱
Here, the influence we wield
在这儿 我们手中的影响力
is more important than the air you breathe.
比你呼吸的空气还重要
As a licensed lobbyist I'm legally allowed
作为执业说客 我可以合法地
to accept money from special interests
接受特殊财团的资金
in order to influence Congress on their behalf.
以代表他们的利益去游说国会
I'm essentially a conduit to motivating sleepy lawmakers
本质上说 是我鞭策懒惰的立法者
into getting bills passed and legislations done.
去审批通过草案和制定法律
He's extremely anxious to knows what's in your bills.
他极想知道你的草案都提到些什么
The reality is, without lobbyists the wheels of WA
事实是 少了说客 华盛顿的滚滚车轮
would come to a grinding halt.
就会停滞不前
How much do you looking to requisite about?
你都需要什么
Can you tell me that in dollars term?
能折合成美元告诉我吗
Why? Because the most powerful Members of Congress
为什么 因为最有权有势的国会议员
relied on lobbyists like me
都靠着我这样的说客
for information to guide them on how to vote
提供情报 告诉他们该怎么投票
and how they vote sometimes required
而他们的投票决定 有时还需要
taking them on facts finding mission.
派人调查考证一番
Like House Majority leader Tom Delay
像众议院多♥党♥领袖汤姆·德雷
we brought to the
我们就带他去了
Northern Mariana islands in the South Pacific.
去南太平洋的北马里亚纳群岛
A U.S. Territory, where my textile clients
那里是美国领土 而我的纺织业客户
produced American- made designer clothes
在那儿生产美国制♥造♥的名牌服装
without having to pay minimum wage.
却又不用付最低工资
Well, these folks seems happy. How are you?
工人们看起来很高兴 你好吗
I felt good, thank you.
很不错 谢谢
We should be able to vote favorably on this, Jack.
我们应该能投赞同票 杰克
For example, your top of the line stone-wash
例如说 你的水磨牛仔裤
jeans can stay on sale for $19.95
还可以卖♥♥每条19.95美元
Simply because labor costs in the Marianas remained low.
就得益于马里亚纳的廉价劳工
Jack's pushing Mr. Delay hard to make sure the minimum wage
杰克正在努力促使德雷议员别让最低工资立法
legislation stay off Congresses shecdule.
被列入国会的议程
Hey, you troglodytes,
山顶洞人 你们好
will you make sure that Delay gets the latest
你们确定德雷已经从威利那儿
export numbers from Willy
得到最新的出口数据吗
电影精选列表