I say, coachman! Can't this bloody thing go faster?!
我说马车夫 这鬼东西不能快点儿吗
They're coming!
他们来了
Faster, Willy, faster!
快点 威廉 快点
Faster!
再快儿
Come on, Willy. Put your back into it.
快点 威廉 用全力
Fuck me.
该死
I'm telling you, Willy, it'll be over in a flash.
我告诉你 威廉 很快就没事了
And I'm telling you I don't like this one bit.
我告诉你我一点儿也不喜欢这么做
And I am confident that this is the only way.
我确信这是唯一的办法
You know, William,
知道吗 威廉
I had confidence in a fart once
我曾确信只是放个屁
and I shat all over myself.
但却拉了我一身
When a body meets a body comin' through the rye
当两人越过麦田相逢
When a body meets a body, a body cry?
当两人相遇 一人哭泣
Who's there? Is anybody there?!
谁在那儿 有人在那儿吗
D'you have a light?
你有火吗
Are you... are you all right?
你还...还好吗
This man's untimely and premature death...
这人不幸早逝
was, as should be fairly obvious to all of you,
正如大家所见
the direct result of gluttony!
就是暴食的直接后果
I cooked your favourite.
我做了你最喜欢吃的
Arbroath smokie and champit tattie.
阿布罗斯热熏小鳕和土豆泥
That's lovely.
好极了
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm not stupid, William.
我不蠢 威廉
Three dead bodies and a pocket full of money?
三具尸体和满口袋的钱
Doesn't take a genius to work out
不用是天才也能
what the pair of you have been up to.
想到你俩在忙什么
I think it's the best bloody idea you've ever had.
我觉得那是你们想到过的最好主意
One condition... I want a pound for every body you sell.
有个条件 每具尸体分我一镑
A pound? Man starts getting fancy clothes...
一镑 男人开始有好看的衣服
also starts getting fancy ideas.
也会开始有花俏的心思
Just think of it as a tax between a man and a wife.
就当做是男人向妻子缴的税吧
A kind of nuptial agreement, if you will.
一种婚姻协议 如果你同意
You may be named Lucky,
你可能姓幸运
but I'm the lucky one, my darlin'.
但我才是幸运的那个 亲爱的
I'm not listening to you. I'm watching you.
我不会听你说 我会看着你
I'm watching you.
我看着你
Oh, champagne! I am impressed, William.
香槟 我好感动 威廉
That must have set you back a pretty penny.
那一定花了你不少钱
Well... thank you.
谢谢
To good news. To good news.
为好消息干杯 为好消息干杯
What good news?
什么好消息
I have decided to finance your play.
我决定要资助你的戏剧
No!
不会吧
Mr. Burke!
伯克先生
Who's that over there with Ginny Hawkins?
那个和金妮·霍金斯一起的人是谁
That's Willy Burke. Who?
是威廉·伯克 谁
Regular at The Gravediggers.
经常盗墓
Always in the company of William Hare.
总是和威廉·海尔一起的那个
They're drinking champagne.
他们在喝香槟
Find out what his racket is.
查清他们在做什么非法行当
May I ask what persuaded you to be so bold
我能问问是什么说服你如此大胆地
as to invest in an all-female production of the Scottish play?
投资一部全女性出演的苏格兰剧吗
You have an incredible talent, Ginny.
你才华卓越 金妮
I saw that the night we met.
我们初次见面那晚我看到了
A talent like that is a gift from God.
一种像上帝礼物般的才华
To see it go to waste over something as trivial as money,
看着它因为金钱这些琐事白白浪费
that'd be a travesty.
就太造化弄人了
I had no idea you were so passionate about the theatre,
我不知道你对戏剧有这么热衷
Mr. Burke.
伯克先生
Not the theatre, Ginny. You.
不是对戏剧 金妮 是对你
Thank you for a lovely evening, Mr. Burke.
今晚过得很美好 谢谢你 伯克先生
Uh, William, please.
请叫我威廉
Oh, sorry. Um...
抱歉
When will I be able to see you again, Ginny?
我什么时候才能再见你一面 金妮
At the Lyceum Theatre.
在兰心大剧院
Really? When?
真的吗 什么时候
When we put down the deposit.
我们付了定金之后
Goodnight, William.
晚安 威廉
I need to make more money. Fast.
我需要挣更多钱 要快
Don't tell me she charged you for the night.
别告诉我她跟你吃饭还收你钱
She is an actress, not a whore.
她是个演员 不是妓♥女♥
What's the difference?
有什么区别吗
I am gonna finance her play.
我会资助她的戏剧
Well, with the economy in its current condition,
在当前这种经济形势下
I think I'd have to advise against such a high-risk investment.
我得劝你放弃这项高风险的投资
Not everything is about money, William.
做每件事不都因为钱 威廉
William Hare?
威廉·海尔
This is no time to be resting on your laurels.
还不是你功成身退
Or to be getting yourself inebriated.
或让自己醉生梦死的时候
You got a business to run.
你还有生意要做
We was just talking about that.
我们正说这事儿呢
Why don't you join us, love?
你何不加入我们呢 亲爱的
She knows? Yes, she does.
她知道了 是的
Don't worry, Willy. I can keep me mouth shut.
没关系 威廉 我不会乱说的
I'm sorry to take so long.
对不起让你们久等了
But I was just having a word with that old lady over there.
我刚在那里和那位老太太说句话
Tragic story.
悲剧啊
Just lost her whole family to the pox,
刚因瘟疫失去了所有亲人
and it's left her homeless.
现在她无家可归了
I'll be back.
我很快回来
Lucky got her drunk. Now you just hold her still.
幸亏她喝醉了 现在你扶住她就好
I'm trying!
我正这么做呢
This is how they put wounded soldiers out of their misery
战场上他们就是这样帮助伤兵
on the battlefield.
摆脱苦难的
What's that called? Doesn't really have a name.
这招叫什么 还没名字
Perhaps we should invent one.
或许我们可以自己创一个
Just get it over with, William.
速度解决了 威廉
I've got it, I've got it...
我想到了 想到了
in honour of my best friend,
就以我好朋友的名字命名
from now on this shall be called...
现在起这招叫
"Burking."
伯克扼杀法
Help! Help! Help!
救我 救我 救我
Help! Help!
快救我
Is she dead?
她死了吗
I think so.
应该死了
Yeah, she snuffed it. I certainly hope so.
没错 她死了 希望如此
And thou opposed, being of no woman born,
虽汝反对 吾非女人所生
Yet will I try the last.
吾仍欲拼死一搏
Lay on, Macduff!
来吧 麦克达夫
And damned be him who first cry, "Hold, enough!"
谁先喊"住手" 让他永远在地狱沉沦
Thank you, Lucy. That was...
十分感谢 露西 那真是
Please let go. That was interesting.
请把手松开 表演得很有意思
Well done. We'll, um, we'll be in touch.
做得很好 我们再联♥系♥
Just don't hold your breath. Shh, silence, gentlemen.
自然点 别出声 先生们
Sorry.
不好意思
I thought we'd agreed you'd keep your mouth shut?
你跟我保证过不多嘴的
This is costing me enough without incurring any further delays.
不延迟也挺耗时的了
I was just being honest.
我实话实说而已
This is the theatre, William.
这里是剧院 威廉
It's not a place for honesty.
不需要现实
Next!
下一个
Miss Clarissa Windsor
我是克拉丽莎·温莎小姐
reading for the part of Macbeth.
朗诵《麦克白》选段
Thank you!
行了 谢谢
We're going to need another day of auditions.
我们还要试演一天
Maybe even two, Willy.
或许要两天 威廉
That's not gonna be a problem, is it?
没问题吧
Eh... no, no.
没有
电影精选列表