Thank you.
我们过去那边一下 埃洛伊丝
Let's go over here for a minute, Eloise.
我想跟你说件事
Talk with you about something.
昨晚我过的很不好 埃洛伊丝
We had a bad night last night, Eloise, you and I.
卡萝尔在事故中遇害了
Grandma Carol was killed in a accident.
是车祸
A car accident.
一个男的撞了她...
A man hit her and...
...还有其他几个人
...and she and he and several others,
他们都死了
they're all gone.
你是不是喝酒了?
Have you been drinking?
是的 我是喝了 所有二
I... I have, yes. That's why, um...
所以瑞克和 他女朋友法奇 在车里
That's why Rick and his girlfriend Fudge are out there in the car,
因为我喝了一点酒
'cause I've had a few drinks.
我不喜欢你喝酒
I don't like it when you drink.
我知道
I know.
她不叫法奇
Her name isn't Fudge.
瑞克的女朋友不叫法奇 -谁说叫法奇了?
- Rick's girlfriend, it isn't Fudge. - Who said it was Fudge?
不可能的 是你说的 -没有
- It couldn't be. You did. - No.
你说了瑞克和她女朋友 法奇
You said Rick and his girlfriend, Fudge.
没有 我说的是...
No, I said it was, um...
...是...
...it was...
我真的记不起她的名字了 -反正她的名字不是法奇
- I actually don't remember her name. - Her name, it isn't Fudge.
我只知道这个 -不是 当然不是
- I just know that. - No, no. No, no, of course not.
不可能是法奇
It couldn't be Fudge.
你外婆的事 我很遗憾 埃洛伊丝
I'm so sorry about your grandma, Eloise.
我知道你很爱她
I know you loved her a lot.
她也很爱你
(STAMMERS) And she loved you so very much.
我很抱歉
(VOICE CATCHES) I'm sorry.
你还好吗? -不好 我超级伤心
- Are you OK, Pup? - No. I'm super sad.
我也是 宝贝
So am I, sweetheart.
这是我这一生中 最糟糕的一天
It's the worst day of my life.
噢...嗯
Oh... (SIGHS) Mm.
嗯嗯 嗯嗯 给我一个爱的拥抱 没错
Mm-mm. Mm-mm. Give me some love. That's right.
噢...
Oh...
噢...
Oh...
艾略特 艾略特...
Elliott, Elliott, Elliott.
噢
Oh.
我每次来到这里
Every time I come out here,
我都会跟自己说"总有一天 罗薇娜
I tell myself, "One day, Rowena,
你会让艾略特 请我们所有人来游泳的"
you're gonna get Elliott to invite us all out for a swim."
你计划好怎么照顾埃洛伊丝了吗?
You got a plan for Eloise in light of all this?
没有 还没有
ELLIOTT: Not sure, not yet.
可能只有爱她 这是目前的计划
Probably just love her. That's the plan for now.
嗯
Mm.
她还有我这一大家子
She's got a whole lot of family down with me. Mm-hm.
有我的宝贝克里斯汀 和她可爱的同性恋家人 住在对面
I got my Kristen, and her cute little gay family across the street.
还有她亲爱的小老婆 是个音乐老师
And her darlin' little music teacher wife.
还有我弟弟的两个女儿 和我妹妹的儿子
Got two of my brother's girls and my sister's boy.
都由我决定 想想看吧
All on my dime. (DRY CHUCKLE) Go figure.
你可以经常过来玩 过来游泳 怎么样?
Well, you can always come visit, come for a swim. How's that?
我知道你不喜欢我儿子
- I know you don't like my boy. - (DRY CHUCKLE)
我知道你还是很生气 但是我们现在说的不是雷吉
I know you're still angry, but this isn't about Reggie.
先不管他 现在说的是埃洛伊丝
He's not in the picture. This is about Eloise.
好 我明白
OK, got it.
我明白 天啊...
(CHUCKLES) Got it. Jeez...
吃点三文治吧 罗薇娜 或者喝点什么 好吗?
Have a sandwich, Rowena. Maybe a drink. All right?
玩的开心
Enjoy yourself.
要是我想玩的开心 那我还不如去找个地方打扑克
I'd go somewhere and play some poker if I was looking to enjoy myself.
或者去湖边玩游戏
Maybe a Lakers game.
而不是来这里玩的开心
Not here for a good time.
要守夜 记得吗? -好吧
- It's a wake, remember? - Fine.
我同意你的看法
Point taken.
快点刷牙
Toothpaste, toothbrush, in your mouth, now.
怎么了? -更生气一点
- What? - Madder.
你要更生气一点 就像你真的生气了一样
You gotta be madder at me like you mean it.
让我...
Let me, uh...
要我出去再来一遍吗?
Want me to just go out and start again?
要
Yeah.
埃洛伊丝 快给我刷牙 我生气了
Eloise, you brush those teeth! I mean it.
别让我过来 说两遍
Don't make me come in there and have to say it twice.
好样的
Nice.
你今天不送我去上学吗?
Aren't you going to drive me to school?
送啊
Yes.
走吧
OK.
早上好
Morning.
你才3年级 就在做...
You're in the third grade and you're dealing...
你才3年级 就在做这个水平的数学题了?
You're in the third grade and you're dealing with this level math?
我从来没有做过这种题目...
I didn't deal with this stuff until... ever.
你的意思是说 你帮不了我吗?
Does that mean you're not going to help me?
当然不是
Of course not.
绝对不是 我们来...
Not at all. Let's take a...
我们开看看这道题
Let's take a shot at this.
不过我的数学不好 知道吗?我是个律师
I'm not very good at math, though, all right? I'm a lawyer.
你知道我们擅长什么吗? -擅长什么?
- You know what we're good at, right? - What?
没什么
Nothing.
只是...
(CHUCKLES) That was...
跟你开玩笑的
That was a joke.
嗨 我是杜万 你是艾略特吗?
Hi. I'm Duvan. Are you Elliott?
是的
Yes, yes. Uh...
很高兴认识你 进来吧 -谢谢
- Nice to meet you. Come on in. - Thank you.
快进来
(CHUCKLES) Come on in.
这是我的简历
My résumé.
这是我的课程安排
A list of my study courses.
这个是我写给国家数学协会
A paper that I wrote for the National Math Board
有关代数教育不良方面的论文
on systemic dysfunction in proper Algebraic education.
好的 很好
That's good. This is good.
你想来点喝的吗? -我很乐意
- You want a drink? - I would... like a drink, yes.
好的 你想喝点什么?我最近心情不好
OK, good. What do you like? I got the works.
不 喝水就好了 谢谢
Oh, no, just a water, please.
还有...这是我写的 另外一篇论文
And... another paper that I wrote.
传♥单♥上写了 我的钢琴课
In the flyer, my piano lessons.
我现在正在搞一个秋季优♥惠♥的活动
I have a fall special that I'm currently running that offers the piano lessons
或我列出的8种语言之一
half off when purchased with tutoring in either math, science
我的钢琴课程都可以享有5折优♥惠♥
or any of the eight languages that I have listed there.
你确定不来点鸡尾酒吗?
You sure you don't want a cocktail?
你非常的合格 杜万 很不错
You're very, very qualified, Duvan. That's good.
因为埃洛伊丝 她很她别
Because Eloise, she's special.
她刚刚失去了她的外婆 也就是我妻子 就在3周前 遭到车祸
She lost her grandmother... my wife, about three weeks ago in a car crash.
我不想让她的成绩落后
I don't want her to fall behind in her studies.
那她妈妈呢? -我女儿?
- What about her mother? - My daughter?
生孩子的时候去世了 她患有先天性的心脏病
She died during childbirth. She had congenital heart problems.
在她出生的时候 我和我的妻子 当时没有去医院
My wife and I weren't with her at the hospital when she was born.
没有邀请我们 或者根本就没想起我们
Weren't invited. Or included.
他们没有告诉我们 应该这么说
We, uh... We weren't called, let's just put it that way.
医生当时没有意识到她的病史
The doctors weren't aware of her medical history.
我的父亲 爷爷 还有我两个兄弟都去世了
I lost my father, my grandfather and two of my brothers.
都是被谋杀的 跟我村里其他300个人一起被杀害
Killed by murderers, along with 300 others from my village.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
这是我写的 关于文学对悲痛的影响
A paper I wrote on literature's effect on grief
呼吁国家捐赠一些 儿童文学读书馆
for the library of the National Endowment for Children's Literature.
我还写了有关 利用冥想和悲伤辅♥导♥
I have also written a paper on channeling our emotions
来将我们的情绪 引导到积极的方向
in a positive direction using meditation and alternative grief counseling.
很好 不过还有一件事 好吗?
That's good, but there's gonna be something else, all right?
跟埃洛伊丝无关
It's not gonna be just Eloise.
是跟我有关的
It's gonna be me as well.
我也需要辅♥导♥自己的数学
I'm gonna need a little tutoring in math myself.
这有问题吗?
Is that gonna be a problem?
没问题 一点问题都没有
No, that will not be a problem at all.
我可以的 不过主要是针对学生的
I do, however, charge by the student.
嗯 我想也是
(CHUCKLES) Yeah, I'm sure you do.
艾略特 我是罗薇娜
电影精选列表