戴维斯先生 在法庭上就得坦白
JEREMIAH: Mr. Davis, just so the court has it straight,
你有前科 对吧?
you do have a criminal record, is that correct?
是的 没错
Yes, sir, I do. (CLEARS THROAT)
你被判过抢劫 吸毒 殴打
Now you have been convicted of: robbery, drug possession, assault,
贩卖♥♥毒品罪 我还有什么漏掉的吗?
drug possession with intent to sell. Did I leave anything out?
没有 就这些
No, sir. That's... that's about it.
戴维斯先生 以前有一段时间 你每天都要吸毒
Mr. Davis, at one point, you were smoking crack every day.
是真的吗? -是的 没错
- Is that correct? - Yeah. Yeah, pretty much.
你为什么要那样?
And why do you think that was?
你觉得是什么导致你吸毒的?
What do you think led you to taking all these drugs?
我觉得...
I think I...
我猜...
I guess I just...
我不知道 我不知道
I don't know, man. I don't know.
情感上的悲痛...
Emotional pain. Emotional...
他以前很痛苦 法官
He was in pain, Your Honor.
他让他的家人失望了 他迷失了方向
He let his family down, he lost his way.
吸毒就是 他隐藏失去父亲的悲痛
The drugs were a way for the boy to hide the pain of losing his daddy
以及让家人失望的一种方式
and letting his family down.
杰弗斯女士?
Ms. Jeffers?
你要是再说一句话 你就离开法庭
You open your mouth like that again, you'll leave this room.
可能还得给你戴上手铐
You may even have handcuffs on.
律师 我不是开玩笑的
Counselor, I'm not kidding, not one bit.
作为你的任务
As impossible as the task may be,
你要想办法控制住她 好吗?
you're gonna have to figure out a way to control her, OK? Go on.
你戒毒多久了?雷吉
JEREMIAH: How long have you been clean from drug use, Reggie?
两年了
REGGIE: About two years.
我一直在西雅图 改过自新
I've been up in Seattle, rebuilding my life.
想办法回到我女儿身边 回到我的家人身边
Building a path back to my girl, to my family.
你现在有工作了吧?
And you have a job now, is that correct?
对 我有工作 我现在在我妈公♥司♥上班
Yeah. Yeah, I do. I work with my mother now.
她有房♥产公♥司♥
She, uh, she has a real estate business.
她做广♥告♥销♥售♥公♥司♥ 她还有网站公♥司♥
She does some ad sales. Plus, she got a website business.
其实 她有6个公♥司♥
Actually, she's got like six businesses.
雷吉 现在 你觉得你能够
So, Reggie, at this time, do you feel that you are able to take over
照顾和监护你女儿吗?
the care and guidance of your daughter?
不能
No.
我是说 现在还不行 法官
I mean... I mean, not yet, Your Honor.
我觉得她可以跟我母亲一起住 然后住在对面的妹妹
I think if she lived with my mother, and I get some help from my sister
和她的妻子也帮帮我 而我继续改过自新
and her wife across the street while I continue my rehabilitation,
我会慢慢地 变成成熟
I can slowly grow into a relationship,
做一个好爸爸之类的
be the daddy and all that, that I need to be.
谢谢 雷吉
Thank you, Reggie.
我这边说完了 法官大人
That's all for now, Your Honor.
老弟 过来
Little man, come here.
请稍等一下 法官
One second, Your Honor, please?
要求休息一下
Call for a lunch break.
他好像需要透透气 他看起来有点坐立不安了
He looks... like he needs some air. He looks a little fidgety.
我们不能这样 还太早了
We can't do that now. It's too early.
如果我们现在要求休息的话 这就跟法官强调了
If we call for lunch, it'll just underline to the judge
这件事对他有多难 -他需要休息
- how hard all this is on him. - He needs a break.
我们不能这样 -要求休息
- We can't do that. - Call for a break.
罗薇娜 你真的是难以让人接受
Rowena, you are damn hard to take.
法官 我们想知道 我们可以在
Your Honor, we were wondering if we could break early for lunch now
律师跟戴维斯询问证词前 休息一下吗?
before counsel takes its testimony from Mr. Davis?
雷诺兹先生 有问题吗?
Mr. Reynolds, any problem with that?
我们要继续
We want to cross now.
我担心法官 会觉得你很好战
All right, I'm worried the judge is gonna see that as you being belligerent.
现在的他一定很不安
Now is not the time to go light on this guy.
我有问题想问他
I have a question I want him to answer.
他想问这个问题
RICK: He wants to go with this.
不行 艾略特 不行
ELDRIDGE: No, Elliott, no.
不 不能休息 我现在就得问他
No, not after lunch. Now. I want to ask him now.
法官大人 因为戴维斯的律师 已经问的很彻底了
Uh, Your Honor, seeing as how thorough Mr. Davis' lawyer has been,
所以我们只有几个问题
we only have a couple of questions.
我们可以提前问问题吗?
So if we can just move ahead of schedule,
我们认为安德森先生的证词 可以休息过后再进行
we feel we can get to Mr. Anderson's testimony after lunch.
好的 继续
That's fine. Go ahead.
戴维斯先生 读了高中十年级
Mr. Davis, you have a tenth grade high school education.
你的阅读没有问题吧?
You can read pretty good, is that right?
没问题 我只是... 我没有时间
Yeah. Yeah, I read fine. I just... I don't have time and all, but...
那你的拼写怎么样?
RICK: And how is your spelling?
我的拼写也还可以
I'm OK with my spelling.
那你可以拼写一下...埃洛伊丝吗?
OK, so, how would you spell the name... Eloise?
法官 这跟我们的诉讼没有关系
JEREMIAH: Your Honor, please, this has nothing to do with why we're here.
我想听他拼一下
I want to hear him spell it.
继续 戴维斯 拼写一下你女儿的名字
Go ahead, Mr. Davis, spell your daughter's name.
好的
REGGIE: OK.
嗯...
Um...
L...对吗?
L... Right?
L-o-e-z-e
L-O-E-Z-E.
埃洛伊丝
Eloise.
雷诺兹先生 还有别的问题吗?没了 法官 谢谢
- OK, Mr. Reynolds, anything else? - No, Your Honor. Thank you.
休庭
That's lunch.
起立
BAILIFF: All rise.
你多少岁了?阿♥拉♥加先生 -我19岁
- RICK: How old are you, Mr. Araga? - I am 19.
你是安德森小姐的辅♥导♥员吗?
RICK: And you are Miss Anderson's tutor?
是的 我辅♥导♥了埃洛伊丝
DUVAN: Yes, I tutor Eloise.
基础数学 除法 代数 介绍语法技巧
Basic mathematics, division, Algebra, introductory grammar skills.
我知道你会说很多语言
And I understand you speak languages.
你会说几种语言 杜万?
How many languages do you speak, Duvan?
目前 我能够 流利的说9种语言
Currently, uh, there are nine languages that I would call myself fluent in.
还有4种正在努力学习
I have four others that I struggle through.
法官大人 我给北美心理健康协会
Your Honor, I have written a paper
写了一篇关于
on language learning as a system of tension release
语言学习能够舒缓压力的文章
for the North American Board of Mental Health Physicians.
好的
OK.
谢谢
Thank you.
阿♥拉♥加先生 当你辅♥导♥埃洛伊丝的时候 她的外公在哪儿呢?
So, Mr. Araga, when you tutor Eloise, where's her grandfather?
他是不是在另外一间房♥? -不是 他跟我们在一起
- Is he in the other room? - Oh, no. He is with us.
他也一起学习 -他跟你们一起
- He is being tutored as well. - RICK: He's right there with you.
我有这种一次辅♥导♥两个人的组合套餐
Yes, I have a combination package on tutoring two people at once
这是我为安德森先生想出来的
that I have worked out with Mr. Anderson.
那你觉得 他是否非常融入 埃洛伊丝的学习?
So would you say that he is very involved in Eloise's studying?
极其融入
Extremely involved.
你觉得他比其他 你辅♥导♥过的孩子的父母
Would you say more or less than the other parents
要更多还是更少呢?
- whose children you work with? - Oh...
那我得说 多得多
I would say much, much more.
谢谢 我问完了 法官大人
RICK: Thank you. That's all, Your Honor.
阿♥拉♥加先生 你还为安德森先生 提供了什么服务?
Mr. Araga, what other services do you provide for Mr. Anderson?
我辅♥导♥埃洛伊丝钢琴课 有时候我还做他的司机
I tutor Eloise, piano lessons, and I am also sometimes his driver.
那他为什么需要司机?
Oh. Why does he need a driver?
有时候他打电♥话♥叫我帮我开车 我就开了
Sometimes, he will call me to come and drive for him and I do.
我给你的清单里 没有提到这个
It is not on any of the lists that I have given you,
因为这不是我提供的标准服务
because it is not a standard service that I offer.
你替他开车的时候 他的状态是怎样的?
What condition is he in when you are required to drive for him?
我觉得他可能是累了 或者心事重重?
I suppose maybe he is tired or... has a lot on his mind?
安德森先生有酗酒问题吗?
Does Mr. Anderson have a drinking problem?
我不是什么喝酒的专家 或者药物滥用侦查员
(SCOFFS) I am not an expert on alcohol or substance abuse detection
或者控制上瘾问题
or even addiction control issues.
不管是工作还是娱乐 我还没有学习到
It is not something that I have gotten into as a field of study
这一领域
for either work or recreation.
当然没有 你没有写过这方面的文章
Obviously not. You haven't written a paper on it.
阿♥拉♥加先生 你有没我有见过安德森先生喝醉过?
Mr. Araga, have you ever seen Mr. Anderson intoxicated?
阿♥拉♥加先生?
Mr. Araga?
见过
Yes, I have.
那你有没有见过 他在他孙女面前喝醉过?
Have you ever seen him intoxicated in front of his granddaughter?
他最近在学习法语 作为减压的方法...
He is currently learning French as an alternative activity...
阿♥拉♥加先生 你有没有见过 安德森先生
Mr. Araga, have you ever seen Mr. Anderson intoxicated
在埃洛伊丝面前喝醉过?
in front of Eloise?
有还是没有?
Yes or no?
电影精选列表