Your fame is spreading, Siegfried.
你现在是名声在外了,齐格弗里德。
Like a virus?
就像是病毒?
Oh, don't be contrary.
哦,不要跟我顶嘴。
So I wake up famous.
所以我一觉醒来就出名了。
Like Byron.
就像拜伦一样。
And I believe you've been overwhelmed
我相信你已经被
by visits from all the great and the good.
所有的大人物和热心读者的来访给烦透了。
Mmm.
嗯。
Massine, Lydia Lopokova, Keynes,
马辛,莉迪亚·洛波科娃,凯恩斯,
Winston Churchill and mother.
温斯顿·丘吉尔和他母亲。
Even "boy actor" Noel Coward.
即使是“男童星”诺埃尔·科沃德。
Have I left anyone out?
我有漏掉谁吗?
The Pope.
教宗。
That's right, Siegfried,think small.
没错,齐格弗里德,你有点小瞧自己了。
How did you find Mr Churchill?
你是怎么找上丘吉尔先生的?
Imperial.
靠帝国。
And Mr Coward?
那科沃德先生呢?
Gushing.
靠吹捧。
What would you have done if Royalty had paid a call?
如果王室成员来拜访你,你会怎么做?
Oh, well, then I'd have tried to curtsey
那我就会试着坐着
from a sitting position.
行屈膝礼了。
Speaking of Royalty,I've come with a command
说到皇室,我奉了“诗歌♥女王陛下”
from Her Majesty Edith Sitwell.
伊迪丝.希特威尔之命。
You are to attend a performance
你被受邀参加她的
at Carlyle Square
在卡莱尔广场举办的
of her Entertainment-Fa莽ade.
《娱乐面对面》的表演。
Poetry, by Edith. Music, Willie Walton.
伊迪丝写的诗。威利.沃顿配的音乐。
I've gone to a great deal of trouble
我费了很大的劲才拿到这个邀请,
to get this so don't let me down.
所以别让我失望。
If you don't attend, La Sit well
如果你不参加,那个“希特威尔女皇”
has threatened to come to your flat
威胁说要去你在
at Half Moon Street
半月街的公♥寓♥,
and hum the whole of Tannhauser to you.
对你哼唱整部的歌♥剧《唐豪瑟》。
You have been warned.
你已经被警告了。
Oh, I, er...
噢,我,呃...
Ottoline Morell popped in
奥黛丽·莫雷尔刚来过,
and wished to be remembered to you.
希望我能向你问好。
How was she?
她最近怎么样?
Let's just say I've always found lime green
这么说吧,我一直觉得柠檬绿
a very unforgiving colour.
是一种非常无情的颜色。
Poor Ottoline.
可怜的奥黛丽。
She'll go to her grave overdressed.
她会穿着盛装,躺进棺材里的。
I'm looking forward to meeting your mother.
我很期待见到你母亲。
What?
什么?
I said I was looking forward to meeting your mother.
我说我很期待见到你母亲。
All mothers, good or bad
所有的母亲,无论好坏,
are always fascinating.
都是令人着迷的。
I tried to set fire to mine once,
我曾经想放火烧我的妈妈,
but she was all asbestos.
但她全身裹着防火石棉。
Oh, do come on!
哦,算了吧!
We shall never get down to Kent at this rate.
照这样下去,我们永远到不了肯特郡了。
Oh, and I found this for you on the floor.
我在一层大厅上找到了这个给你。
Oh, it'll be from Robbie Ross.
哦,这是罗比.罗斯寄来的。
Why are you so antipathetic towards him?
你为什么对他如此反感?
Because I resent the way that he speaks to me.
因为我讨厌,他跟我说话的方式。
Like he's always putting me in my place.
就好象他要替代我的位置。
You know, the only problem with knowing one's place
想要知道自己的位置唯一的问题就是,
is that other people never seem to know theirs.
其他人似乎永远不知道,他们自己的位置。
He's acerbic, I grant you,but he's never malign,
我承认他很刻薄,但他从不恶意中伤,
and as a friend, very steadfast.
而且作为朋友,他很可靠。
Robbie Ross took some considerable risk
罗比·罗斯当年公开支持奥斯卡·王尔德时,
when he publicly supported Oscar Wilde.
冒了相当大的风险。
He's been hounded ever since by Lord Alfred Douglas.
从那以后,阿尔弗雷德·道格拉斯勋爵一直在找他麻烦。
Oh, please,Bosie was always vindictive.
拜托,“博西”总是存心报复他。
Robbie should have known that from the beginning.
罗比一开始就该知道。
He's really only got himself to blame.
他只能怪自己。
That's really unfair.
这真是不公平。
His loyalty to Wilde was exemplary.
他对王尔德的忠诚堪称典范。
All right, all right.Robbie's a saint.
好吧,好吧。罗比是一个圣人。
Now, how about we drop the subject?
现在,我们不谈这个话题了吧?
在英国大诗人奥斯卡.王尔德与同性情人“波西”惹出丑闻和被审判及被监禁期间,
罗比.罗斯始终支持着王尔德,并掌管他死后的财产,这引来后袭爵成为
阿尔弗雷德.道格拉斯勋爵的“波西”所憎恨。
Oh, that's a very fine sword.
哦,那是把很好的剑。
It was my brother's.
那是我弟弟的。
Hmm.
嗯。
He was killed at Gallipoli.
他战死在加里波第战役上。
Oh, God.
哦,上帝。
What is it?
怎么了?
It's the first performance of Fa莽ade,
今天是《娱乐面对面》节目首演,
and I was supposed to go to it.
我应该到场的。
Well, where's it being performed?
那是在哪里进行的呢?
Some private performance in Carlyle Square.
在卡莱尔广场的专场演出。
Chelsea.
在切尔西。
Well, even if we drove like the wind,
就算我们开得像风一样快,
we should never make it.
也到不了。
Robbie will be furious.
罗比会大发雷霆的。
And so will Edith Sit well.
伊迪丝.希特威尔也会的。
It's being given to a very select audience.
它的听众是经过精心挑选的。
I'm sure she'll understand once you explain
你要你解释一下,
why you weren't able to be there.
我相信她会理解的。
Oh, no,I don't think so, Mother.
哦,不,我想不会,妈妈。
Edith can be a very captious woman.
伊迪丝是一个非常挑剔的女人。
She isn't a woman.
她根本就不算是个女人。
She's an animated meringue.
她就是个走动的白面饼。
And those teeth.
还有她那付牙齿。
Don't be horrible, Ivor.
别说得那么可怕,艾弗。
She suffers, I believe,from a complaint
我相信,她是得了一种
known as receding gums.
牙龈萎缩症。
She's so autocratic,
她太专♥制♥了,
I'm surprised she gave them permission to.
我很惊讶她会允许他们这么做。
Oh, well, come along then.
哦,好吧,那就走吧。
Might as well see if we can catch some of it.
也许我们还能赶上一段时间。
I'm sorry to have to rush off like this, Mother.
我很抱歉就这样匆匆离去,妈妈。
It doesn't matter.
我不介意。
Is he just another one of your pretty boys?
他只是你的另一个帅哥吗?
No, it's deeper than that,much deeper.
不,比这更深,深得多。
You don't like him,do you, Mother?
你不喜欢他,对吧?母亲。
He's amusing, but unpleasant.
他很有趣,但不讨人喜欢。
It's his eyes.I think they're cruel.
还有他的眼睛。我认为它们很残忍♥。
Good night, Mother.
晚安,母亲。
Good night, Siegfried.
晚安,齐格弗里德。
You never came.
你干脆就没来。
Please forgive me, Edith.
原谅我,伊迪丝。
I shall try.
我应该试着整你一番。
I'm entirely to blame.
全怪我。
We visited my mother in Kent and I simply
我们去肯特郡看望母亲,
lost all sense of time.
耽误了时间。
- We? - Mmm.
-我们?-嗯。
Myself and Ivor Novello.
我和艾弗.诺维罗。
A man at the cheaper end of poetry.
一个在诗歌♥中廉价的男人。
I do hope you can forgive me, Edith,
我真的希望你能原谅我,伊迪丝,
for I am mortified by my thoughtlessness.
因为我为自己的轻率感到羞愧。
How was the work received?
作品反响怎么样?
They tittered.
他们只是在冷笑。
Tittered?
冷笑?
Tittered.
冷笑笑。
I overheard someone say,in the most odious manner,
我无意中听到有人用一种极其可憎的口吻说:
"It's this sort of thing
“正是这种事情
"that makes one glad to be semi-conscious."
让人对半清醒状态感到高兴。”
- I was deeply wounded.- Hmm.
-我当时为你深受伤害。-嗯。
My poetry has wonderful assonances and dissonances.
电影精选列表