剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
Richard, I wonder if I...
是您呀 大臣
Good heavens, Minister.
汉弗莱 真巧啊 无巧不成书啊
Humphrey, what a coincidence. Yes, indeed, what a surprise!
对 对
Yes. Yes.
我正好...路过
I was just... passing.
路过? 对 路过
Passing? Yes, passing.
路过啊 您要去哪呢?
Oh, passing. And where were you gong?
我只是在...过路而已
I was just gong... past.
路过门口 卡赖特...理查门口
Past the door. Cartwright's... Richard's door.
突然我就想 "咦...?"
And I thought..."Hello..."
还想了别的吗?
Did you think anything further?
我想 "都到门口了 何不打开门瞧瞧?"
Yes, I thought, "Why should I pass the door? Why not open it?"
思路不错 大臣 门就是干这个用的
Good thinking, that's what doors are for.
对
Right.
我刚好有些问题要澄清
There were some points I wanted to clear up.
好好 什么问题?
Oh, good, good. What points?
都是些小问题 小问题
Just a couple of odd points. Couple of odd points.
有多小? 其实也没多小
How odd? Oh... not all that odd.
就开了个会 能跟您说句话吗 大臣?
We just had a meeting. Could I have a word with you?
当然可以 等我... 我说现在
Yes, of course, as soon as... No, I mean now.
好 说吧 不 上楼去您办公室
All right, carry on. No, upstairs in your office.
理查肯定不介意 不 上楼去 大臣
I'm sure Richard doesn't mind. No, upstairs.
卡赖特博士也不差这几分钟吧
I'm sure that Dr Cartwright can spare you for a few moments.
谢谢 理查 大臣您请
Thank you, Richard. Minister.
你先出去 伯纳
You may go, Bernard.
大臣 您这是要干什么?
Minister, what was all that in aid of?
我听到些有趣的事实
I have learnt some interesting facts.
我衷心希望您下不为例 你说什么?
I hope it does not happen again. I beg your pardon?
您不能到处跟部里的人说话
You cannot speak to people in the department.
怎么不能?
Why not?
我不知他们说了什么 怎么给您提建议?
How can I advise you if I don't know what's said?
我必须掌握情况
I must know what is gong on.
您就是不能私下跟人谈话
You cannot have private conversations!
万一他们说的是假话呢?
You may be told things that are not true!
那你纠正嘛 万一是真话呢?
You can put me right. But they may be true!
不完全假 但有偏向 会误导您
Not entirely false, but misleading, open to misinterpretation.
我看你有事瞒着我 绝对没有 大臣
You're trying to keep things from me. Absolutely not, Minister.
要做好记录 要留下档案
Minutes must be taken, records must be kept.
您不会永远在这 我们也不会
You won't be here forever, Nor will we.
几年之后
in years to come...
要知道您说过什么 若卡赖特明天调走
If Cartwright were moved tomorrow,
信息要怎么核实?
how could we check information?
卡赖特明天不会调走 哦 是吗?
Cartwright won't be moved tomorrow. Oh, really?
邮报的安德鲁来找您 大臣
Alex Andrews from the Mall to see you.
且慢 伯纳 给我记到档案里
Ah, hang on. I'd like you to minute this.
什么都得归档 是吧
Everything must be minuted, you know.
坐下好吗 汉弗莱?
Sit down, won't you, Humphrey?
南德贝郡政♥府♥ 等我记一下
Now South Derbyshire Council... Just a minute.
我是这么说的 南德贝郡政♥府♥
Yes, that's what I said. South Derbyshire.
卡赖特博士说那是全国最高效的
Dr Cartwright said it is the most efficient council in Britain.
他说低效吧 高效 汉弗莱
Inefficient, I think he means. Efficient, Humphrey.
经济实惠
Economical, effective.
只不过不想往白厅送报表而已
Just not interested in sending bits of blue paper to Whitehall.
可他们非送不可 为什么?
But they have to send them. Why?
法律要求的 他们不送 英国照样运转
It is a statutory requirement. And if they don't, Britain carries on.
南德贝照样运转
South Derbyshire carries on.
可如果他们不上报信息
But if they don't send us the information,
计划 批复申请
the plans and the requests for permission,
那还要我们干吗?
what are we here for?
问得好 要我们干吗?
Good question. What are we here for?
我们收集信息 审查计划 决定批不批申请
To collect information withhold or grant permission.
不然呢? 抱歉 大臣 我不明白
And if we didn't? I'm sorry, Minister, I don't understand.
没有我们 也没这些事 那又如何?
If we weren't here and we didn't do it, what then?
对不起 大臣 我搞糊涂了
I'm sorry, you've lost me.
你的问题是 你只管手续 不看结果
You're concerned more with means than ends.
行政中没有结果 大臣 有也是恶果
There are no ends in administration, Minister, except loose ends.
行政代代相传
Administration is eternal!
永世长存 阿门
Forever and ever. Amen!
因为没结果 才有人说政♥府♥是个圈
Because there are no ends, they talk about government circles.
没错 伯纳 我们就在里头绕
Exactly, Bernard, which is what we抮e gong round in!
反正我不处分南德贝 会出洋相的
I won't discipline South Derbyshire. I'd look a complete idiot.
抱歉 大臣 这是您的工作
I'm sorry, Minister, but it's your job.
是说处分南德贝 您没有选择
To discipline South Derbyshire. You have no alternative.
财政部和内阁办公室一致要求
The Treasury and the Cabinet Office insist.
汉弗莱 我不同意 反正今天不行
I cannot agree to this. Not today, anyhow.
那就明天 不行 汉弗莱
Tomorrow, then. No!
抱歉 大臣 您好像没明白
I'm sorry, you don't seem to understand.
这由不得你我 这是法律
It is not up to you or to me. It is the law.
大臣 您该见邮报的人了 很好
I think you ought to talk to the Mall. Very well.
多谢 汉弗莱 多谢 大臣
Thank you, Humphrey. Thank you, Minister.
伯纳 伯纳 什么 大臣?
Bernard. Bernard. Yes, Minister?
汉弗莱怎么知道我去找卡赖特?
How did Sir Humphrey know I was with Dr Cartwright?
神的行事很难捉摸
God moves in a mysterious way.
我们搞清楚 汉弗莱不是神 好吗?
Let me make one thing perfectly clear. Humphrey is not God, Ok?
您去告诉他还是我来?
Will you tell him or shall I?
现在告诉我 他怎么知道的
Now, tell me how he knew where I was.
大臣 您对我说的话都绝对保密
Confidentially, everything you tell me Is in complete confidence
反过来 您当然也赞同
so equally, and I'm sure you appreciate this,
这个赞同不是赞同
and, by appreciate, I don't mean appreciate,
而是理解 汉弗莱爵士对我说的
I mean understand, that everything Sir Humphrey tells me
同样完全保密
Is also in confidence,
我对您说的要保密 我对汉弗莱爵士说的
as indeed everything I tell you and everything I tell Sir Humphrey
也完全保密
Is in complete confidence.
所以呢?
So?
所以秘密说来 我相信您完全理解
So, in confidence, I am confident you understand
我为汉弗莱爵士保密 为您保密
that for me to keep Sir Humphrey's confidence,
因此他和我的谈话
conversations between him and me
必须保密 就像您和我的谈话
must as confidential as conversations between you and me
完全保密 还是请安德鲁进来吧
are completely confidential.
安德鲁先生 大臣 谢谢 伯纳
Mr Andrews, Minister. Thank you, Bernard.
啊 艾利 你好吗? 你好 吉姆
Ah, Alex. Hello, Jim.
请坐 谢谢
Sit down. Thank you.
找我什么事? 需要你帮忙
What can I do for you? I need your help.
我在写一件奇谈
I've come across a fascinating story.
你知不知道你的政♥府♥
Do you realise that your government
正要拱手将价值4千万的
Is about to hand over 40 million-worth
住♥宅♥ 建筑 港口和一个小机场
of housing, building, harbour Installations and an airstrip
白送给私营开♥发♥商?
to a private developer for nothing?
4千万 逗我玩吧? 凭童子军的荣誉担♥保♥
40 million? You're having me on! No, Scout's honour.
干吗找我 不是我♥干♥的吧? 不是
Why tell me? I didn't do it, did I? No.
这事说来话长
It goes back a long way.
30年前 国防部在苏格兰小岛租了块地
30 years ago, the Defence had a lease on a Scottish Island.
建了兵营 哨位 司令部 海港 机场
They put up billets, HQ block, the harbour, the airstrip.
现在租约到期了 地要还给原主人
And now the lease has expired, It reverts to the original owner.
他要开个度假村
He's opening up a holiday camp.
游艇码头 小别♥墅♥ 员工宿舍
Yachting marinas, chalets, staff quarters.
都是现成的 他要发了
It's all there. He'll make a fortune.
不会吧 法律... 不 那是英格兰法
He can't do that. The law... No, that's English law.
这个合同遵循苏格兰法
This contract was made under Scottish law.
有个笨蛋没看出区别
Some idiot didn't realise the difference.
没我们事 啊 对
We're in the clear. Ah, yes.
邮报也不能把50年代的事怪到你头上
Even the Mall can't blame you For a cock-up in the early'50s.
这倒新鲜
Makes a change.
你找我♥干♥吗? 故事你都有了
What do you want from me? You've got your story.
迟到30年 新闻总是这么及时
30 years late. As quick with the news as ever!
对英国报界算不错啦
Still, not bad for Fleet Street!
对 明天见报
We're running it tomorrow,
可主编要我做个专题
but my editor wants me to do a feature,
查清原委 翻翻文件
find out how it happened, go through the files.
为什么? 前车之鉴啊
Why? There could be lessons for today.
也许还能挖出责任人
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表