住地下室的乔·塞勒斯
Joe Sellers - basement flat.
你知道他在哪个学校任教吗?
You don't know what school he teaches at, do you?
是迈克尔读书的学校 好像是圣约翰中学
Same place Michael went. St John's, maybe?
我知道了 谢谢你
I know it. Thank you.
你答应过的
You promised.
塞勒斯先生
Mr Sellers.
门卫说我能直接进来
Security guard on the gate said it was all right to come in.
有什么事吗? 警探先生
What can I do for you, Inspector?
黑板什么时候变成白板的?
When did blackboards become white?
不再使用粉笔的时候
When we stopped using chalk.
椰子蘑菇吃吗?
Coconut mushroom?
有事能直说吗? 警探先生 我想回家了
Could we make this snappy, Detective? I would like to get home.
你为什么不喜欢她
Why didn't you like her?
又是关于那蠢女孩的事吗?
This about that silly girl again?
我只是好奇问问 她对你做过什么
Just to satisfy my own curiosity - what did she ever do to you?
她没对我做过任何事
She didn't do anything to me.
有时候我就是一遇到某个人就不喜欢
Sometimes I meet people and I just don't like them.
这是种直觉
Call it an instinct.
他们都讨厌我 所以我也讨厌他们
They all hate me, so I hate them.
谁讨厌你 - 得了 你和他们谈过的
Who hates you? - Oh, come on, you've spoken to them.
我敢肯定他们提到过我 说我有多讨厌
I'm sure they've all told you about me and my irritating ways.
说我是个纳粹疯子之类的
The Bin Nazi, or whatever they're calling me now.
去他妈的吧 就算他们排挤我也无所谓
To hell with them all. I don't care if they exclude me.
你说你认识梅利莎的妈妈 是叫玛丽吗?
You said you knew Melissa's mother. Mary, was it?
是的 - 但你挺喜欢她的 是吗?
That's right. - But you didn't dislike her?
玛丽她...很安静
Mary was... quiet.
善良
Kind.
对万事万物都很隐忍♥
She would tolerate anything.
她生病时发生过什么事吗? 是你照顾她的吗?
And when she got sick, what happened then? You cared for her?
照顾过一段时间
For a while.
直到梅利莎搬来 她来照看她的母亲
Until Melissa came. She moved here to look after her mother.
这就是你不高兴的原因吗? 玛丽不再需要你了
Is that what upset you? That Mary didn't need you any longer?
她不在时我们只是相处得很好而已
We were coping just fine without her.
是的 但她是玛丽的女儿
Yes, but she was Mary's daughter.
你是想说"没有什么比亲情更牢固"吗?
Oh, and nothing's stronger than family, is it?
那友情呢
Well, what about friendship?
如果你只能指望朋友呢
What if that's all you can ever hope for?
如果是我生病了呢?
What happens when I get ill?
谁会来照顾我?
Who comes for me?
五英镑 谢谢 - 给
Five pounds, please. - Cheers.
你要开跳蚤市场吗?
You having a car boot sale?
这些都是潜在的证据
This is all potential evidence.
但这案子已经不了了之了
Ah, but it's in a skip.
不是应该就这么过去了吗?
Don't that make it compromised or something?
你电视剧看太多了 迈克尔
You're watching too much television, Michael.
听着
Look...
帮我们个忙 好吗?
do us a favour, will you?
她要临产了
She's about to drop any moment.
她现在不能承受这样的压力 我们都是
She don't need this stress right now. None of us do.
别再去想楼上到底发生过什么了
You are not going to find out what happened up there.
放弃吧
Give it up.
下周见
See you next week.
我觉得我们应该分开一段时间
I think we should stay away from one another for a while.
你真这么想吗?
Is that what you really want?
我并不真正了解你
I don't know who you are.
那这是谁的错呢 - 我的
Whose fault is that? - It's mine.
是我的错 因为我毁了我的婚姻 失去了我的家庭
It's my fault, because I screwed up my marriage, I lost my family.
我不是一个称职的父亲
I wasn't a good enough father.
不 不 不 你去上班吧 别因为我耽误你
No, no, no, please, don't stop for me, on my account.
我知道
I know that.
我知道是我的错 每次你来我都像在重温一遍错误
I know all that and I see it every time you visit.
我看着你的举动...
I look at you...
听着你的话语...
and I listen to you and...
而我不喜欢你这副样子
I don't like the way you've turned out.
我不喜欢你的观点
I don't like your opinions.
我不喜欢你对待他人的方式
I don't like the way you treat other people.
我害怕向别人介绍说你是我的儿子
I dread having to introduce you as my son,
因我觉得你会让我给别人留下坏印象
because I think you reflect badly on me.
我爱你 是因为你是我儿子
I love you, because of who you are...
如果不是这样 我不会在你这种人身上浪费一分一秒
but in any other circumstances I wouldn't waste three minutes of my time on someone like you.
很好 全部说出来一吐为快吧
Wow. Well, just get it all off your chest at once.
如果让我发现你做了任何伤害她的事
If I find out you did anything to hurt that woman,
我会直接报♥警♥
I will turn you in...
毫不犹豫
without hesitation.
爸
Dad!
照顾好自己 亚当
Take care of yourself, Adam.
是我 我忘带了几本书
It's just me. I forgot some books.
伊丽莎白?
Elizabeth?
我猜我们算是扯平了 老师
Guess that makes us even, sir.
杨小姐?
Miss Young?
杨小姐?
Miss Young?
这...
This...
是一次二十分钟的考试
is a 20-minute test.
就和其他考试一样 需要完全的... - 无趣
And, like all tests, it requires absolute... - Salty.
安静 - 无趣
Silence. - Salty.
无趣 无趣 无趣
Salty. Salty. Salty.
无趣 无趣
Salty. Salty.
无趣 无趣 无趣
Salty. Salty. Salty.
无趣 无趣 无趣
Salty. Salty. Salty.
无趣
Salty!
梅利莎·杨 我要你写篇报道 跟她的家人
Melissa Young. I want you to write it. Talk to family,
朋友 邻居 警♥察♥ 任何你能联♥系♥到的相关人士
friends, neighbours, police. Anyone you can trace.
任何能丰满这个故事的人谈谈
Whoever can help fill this picture in.
这可能很费时间
It could take a while.
不着急
There's no hurry.
只要确保故事准确 满怀敬意 并且
Just make sure it's accurate, respectful and that it has
发人深省
something to say.
你知道你在这其中的角色并不光彩吧?
You do realise that you might not come out too well in this?
在你心里 我已不能再糟了
I don't expect you to give me any less than I deserve.
你因故意伤人被捕了
You're being arrested for assault.
现在 你可以
At this point, I have to advise you that
保持沉默
you do not have to say anything,
但是你所说的一切将会成为呈堂证供...
but anything that you do say can be taken down and used...
是我杀的
I killed her.
梅利莎
Melissa.
楼上的那个女孩
The girl upstairs.
我杀了她
I killed her.
你还好吗?
Are you OK in there?
佩?
Peg?
割下去
Well, get on with it.
我们可没那么多时间
We haven't got all day.
想你也不敢
As I thought.
你在那儿干什么
What you up to in there?
做清洁
Having a clear-out.
说点让你高兴的
You're going to love this.
事实证明你是对的
Turns out you were right all along.
梅利莎·杨 不是自杀的
Melissa Young? Wasn't a suicide.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
有人自首了
We had a confession.
谁
Who?
塞勒斯
Sellers.
他是因为殴打一个学生被捕的
The original arrest was for attacking a pupil.
他用他的拐杖打他
He went at him with his bloody walking stick.
几个警♥察♥逮捕了他
A couple of PCs show up,
他只想谈有关梅利莎的事
all he wants to talk about is the Melissa girl.
一直说是他杀了她
Just kept saying he killed her.
他是怎么杀她的
How? How did he kill her?
掐死的
Strangled.
他说 因为一些事他上楼跟她发牢骚
His version of events he went up to complain about something,
他们吵起来了 一时生气他就掐死了她
they argued, he saw the red mist and he choked her.