我想是的
Suppose.
告诉我到底发生了什么
So talk to me.
我惹了些麻烦
I got into some trouble.
我不知道该去哪 该找谁
I didn't know where else to go, who I could turn to,
所以就来了这里
so I came here.
那到底是什么麻烦
Well, what sort of trouble are we talking about then?
好吧 算了 你什么时候来这的
All right, well, when did you come here?
2008年
2008.
二〇... 五年了?!
Two thousand and... Five years?!
你在这待了五年 他都不让你出去?
You've been here five years and he doesn't let you go out?
我随时都能出去
I can go out whenever I want.
但这样不安全
It's just not safe.
我上班又快要迟到了
I'm going to be late for work again.
这个 你带走吧
Here you are, take these with you.
我喜欢和你聊天 迈克尔
I like talking to you, Michael.
抱歉
Look, I'm sorry.
早上好 - 早
Morning. - Hey.
有兴趣一起喝点啤酒吗? - 啤酒?
Do you fancy getting a beer later? - A beer?
我有些事想问你
Er, there's something I want to ask you.
好的 没问题 什么事
Yeah, yeah, sure, what is it?
晚点再说吧 八点行吗?
Er, I'll talk to you later. Eight o'clock?
我还以为你已经走了
Thought you'd gone already.
你♥爸♥因为要开会就早走了
Your dad had to go in early for a meeting.
我刚去慢跑了
I was jogging.
跑了多长距离
How far do you run?
三千米
Three k.
每天都跑吗? - 有空就跑
Every day? - Oh, when I can.
我打赌你整晚都精力十足 是吗?
I bet you can go all night, can't you?
你说什么
Excuse me?
你需要个跟你一样精力充沛的人
You need someone who can keep up with the pace.
怎么 你是指像你这样的?
What, someone like you, perhaps?
离上学还有半个小时 我能教你几个动作
I've got half an hour before college. I reckon I could teach you a few moves.
如果让你♥爸♥知道你这么对我说话
Do you think your dad would appreciate this?
你觉得他会高兴吗?
If he knew the things you were saying?
去吧 去告诉他 看看他会站在谁那边
Go ahead, tell him. I wonder whose side he'll take?
玛丽打电♥话♥到办公室找你
Marie called the office trying to get hold of you.
他不知道你退休了
She didn't know you'd retired!
我还没告诉别人
Oh, I haven't gotten around to telling people.
你哥哥他...?
Your brother. Has he, erm...?
是的 今早 大概十点的时候
Yeah, this morning. About ten.
你们都在那吗? 家人都在?
You were all there? The family?
是的 大家都陪着他
Yeah. He had people round him.
那挺好
That's nice.
我很遗憾 莱恩 节哀顺变
I'm sorry, Len. Sorry for your loss.
如果你想一个人待着 我能理解
I understand if you'd rather be on your own.
不 请进 坐会儿吧
No, please, stay.
他总是比我先行一步
It's typical of him to go first.
他比我先结婚 比我先当上警长 打架也总是他先动手
First to get married, first to make Sergeant, first into every fight.
但他是跟着你干这行的 是吗?
He followed you into the job, though?
跟着我父亲 我俩都是 警♥察♥世家
Followed my dad, both of us, family of coppers.
家庭传统
Tradition.
"缺乏想象力" 我妻子过去常这么说
"Lack of imagination," my wife used to say.
杰瑞五年前离职 是提前退休的
Jerry got out five years ago, early retirement.
又一次比我先 这臭小子
Beat me to that, as well, little bugger.
但他很怀念
He missed it, though.
这...这工作
The j... The job.
他一退休就有点失去了斗志
As soon as he stepped away from it, he lost some of his fight.
那你呢 你怀念这份工作吗?
What about you? Do you miss it yet?
什么
What?
我...
Do...
我怀念当警♥察♥?!
Do I miss being a copper?!
一点也不
Not one bit.
你看这些干什么
What were you doing with these?
看看我到底有多蠢吗? - 你不蠢
Checking how thick I am? - You're not thick.
但有些评语确实挺严厉的
Some of the comments were pretty harsh, though.
你终于相信我了?
Ah, now do you believe me?
这老混♥蛋♥一直对我有成见 现在还是如此
The old bastard had it in for me. Still does.
也许他只是想鼓励你更加努力呢
Maybe he was just trying to encourage you to try harder.
是么 只有批评没有鼓励 这就是索尔蒂·塞勒斯
Yeah, well, he's all stick and no carrot - that's Salty Sellers.
可能这就是他的教育方法吧
If that's his method.
你为什么替他辩解
Why are you defending him?
他对我非常不好
He was horrible to me.
我一直记恨着他 直到现在也是如此
I hated him back then, hated him, and I still hate him now.
那就证明他是错的
Then prove him wrong.
让大家看看你的真本事
Show everyone what you're capable of.
是啊 别担心
Yeah, don't worry.
他很快就会知道他要面对的不再是一个小孩
He'll find out soon enough he's not dealing with a kid any longer.
你什么时候也开始去酒吧了
Since when do you go to pubs?
我想他只是想避开他的怀孕女友
Yeah, I think he's just desperate to escape the pregnant girlfriend,
我就是他的借口
I'm his excuse.
告诉他你有别的事要做
Ah, tell him you have other plans.
为什么
Why?
因为... 我不想让你去
Because...I don't want you to go.
别去了... 我们...我们一起过夜吧
Oh, come on... You know, let's... Let's curl up for the night.
就你和我
Just you and me.
我几小时就回来
I'll only be a couple of hours.
那你带上他
Take him with you then.
什么 亚当?
What? Adam?
我不想和他单独待在这儿
Ye... I don't want to be here alone with him.
你在说什么 - 我觉得他有点吓人
What are you saying? - I find him intimidating.
也许是青春期的缘故 也许他只是在跟我玩游戏
Yeah, maybe it's a teenage thing, he's just playing a game with me.
但不管怎样 我不喜欢那样
Whatever it is, I don't like it.
别这样 他是个...他是个好孩子
Come on, he's a... He's a good kid.
是吗? 也就只有你这么说
Oh, is he? Because right now I've only got your word for that.
别怪我 但我觉得你在偏袒他
And you'll forgive me for thinking you're a little bit biased.
亚当连一个苍蝇都不会伤害的
Look, Adam wouldn't hurt a fly.
好吗? 你有点神经过敏了
All right? You're being paranoid.
一切顺利
Be good.
你也是
Yeah, you too.
她一整天坐在那里什么也不做
She sits at home all day with nothing to do
就胡思乱想
but dream up these theories.
她总去那个死者公♥寓♥ 以为这是"犯罪现场调查:萨里篇"呢
She's up in that dead girl's flat like it's CSI: Surrey.
她在找什么
What's she looking for?
蛛丝马迹 线索 这没什么不合法
Anything. Clues. There's nothing illegal,
有个警♥察♥跟她在一起
she's got the police with her.
她只是太无聊了
She's just bored, all it is.
是啊 怀孕会让人不可理喻
Yeah, pregnancy plays tricks with the mind.
你有一个孩子 是吗?
You've got a kid, haven't you?
是的 一个儿子 十七岁了 - 他怎么样
Yeah, a son. 17. - How's he doing?
亚当? 他很好
Adam? Yeah, he's great.
小孩都长得很快 是这么说的吧
They grow up quick. Isn't that what they say?
实际上 那是一个很漫长的过程
Actually, in practice, it takes a very, very long time.
时刻都在为他们担心
You never stop worrying about them.
帕特丽夏?
Patricia?
帕特丽夏?
Patricia?
能帮我一起解决掉这些么
Thought you might want to help me with these.
你的工作...你跟警♥察♥打交道 是吗?
So, your job... you deal with the police, right?
是的 经常
A lot of the time, yeah.
与失踪人口方面有关吗?
Do you have much to do with missing persons?
我知道有成百上千的失踪人口
I know there are tens of thousands of them.
什么事 你要查什么人吗?
Why? Do you have one in particular?
是的 我以前的一个女同学
Yeah, this girl I went to school with.
几年前 她突然彻底消失了 没人有她的消息
A few years ago, she just dropped off the face of the earth. No-one's heard from her since.
你可以去追查机构雇人帮你 不过价格不菲
You can hire tracing agencies, but that can get really expensive
而且个个都趾高气昂的
and don't expect a "thank you" at the end of it.
我不是要去找她 我只是...
Yeah, it's not like I want to find her. I don't. I just...
我想知道她为什么消失 她有什么麻烦
I just want to know what she was running from, what sort of trouble she was in.
你问过警♥察♥了吗?
Did you talk to the police?
没有 我不是她的亲属 所以...
No. I mean, I'm not a relative, so...
好吧 我可以帮你问问 这方面我还是有点人脉的
Well, I could ask for you. I've still got some good contacts in that world.