剧集 | 红线(2019) | 导航列表
简直迫不及待想搬进基佬社区
but now...it's impossible to live here on a teacher's salary.
但是现在 凭借教师的工资已经住不起这里了
It's unfortunate.
确实很不幸
When I left home,
我离开家之后
this is where I felt safe.
这里让我觉得很安全
Why'd you leave home?
你为什么离开家
I wasn't what my parents wanted.
我父母不喜欢我的样子
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
I got to pick my family.
给了我选择家庭的机会
Well, you and Harrison made a beautiful family.
你和哈里森组建了非常美好的家庭
I loved being in Chicago.
我很喜欢待在芝加哥
This was gay Mecca. Whoa.
这里是基佬的麦加圣地 可别
My mom would've stopped you right there.
我妈妈要是在 肯定会打断你
She would've said...
她会说
Daniel, there is only one Mecca,
丹尼尔 这世上只有一个麦加圣地
and it's definitely not in Chicago.
而且绝对不在芝加哥
How cute are you two?
你们两个可真甜
Your boyfriend is gorgeous,
你男朋友太美了
like a young Puerto Rican... Adrien Brody?
像是波多黎各版的年轻阿德里安·布罗迪
What are you, exactly? You're so exotic.
你是哪里人 很有异域风情
Persian or, uh...Spanish?
波西人吗 还是西班牙人
I'm not. I'm Indian.
都不是 我是印度人
Oh, my God. I love Indian food.
我的天哪 我超爱印度菜
Oh, and, uh, the statues, right? Um...
还有那些雕像 对不对
Like the cute little elephant?
可爱的小象
Yes. Or the lady with all of the arms.
对 还有胳膊很多的那位女士
Yeah, that's-- that's Hinduism. I'm Muslim.
那些是印度教的东西 我是穆♥斯♥林♥教♥徒♥
Ooh, you cannot be gay and Muslim at the same time.
人怎么可能同时是基佬和穆♥斯♥林♥教♥徒♥
Yet here I am. Not a hologram.
可我就在这里 我不是全息影像
Have a nice night.
祝你们愉快
Um...okay.
好吧
Does that happen to you a lot?
你经常遇到这种事吗
Not that extreme every time.
不是每次都这么极端的
According to most, I don't actually exist.
大多数人觉得 我这种人根本不存在
To be honest, when I met you, I'd never met a gay Muslim.
说实话 在你之前 我从没见过穆♥斯♥林♥教基佬
I'm usually the first.
我通常是第一个
You okay?
你还好吗
Yeah. You gotta laugh, right?
没事 总得一笑而过 对吧
My parents--My mom, especially, wasn't thrilled
我父母 尤其是我妈妈 我跟她出柜时
when I told her that I was gay.
她并不是很能接受
But she never questioned that I was real.
但她从来没有质疑过我的存在
You're real to me.
你对我来说是真实的
Maybe a little too real.
也许真实得过头了
God, you need gloves.
天呐 你得戴个手套
Ms. Young, Chicago makes national headlines
杨女士 芝加哥经常上国家头条
as a city plagued by gun violence.
被称为被枪♥支♥暴♥力♥荼毒的城市
How will you end the violence that plagues our community
你会如何终结荼毒着第六选区的
here in the 6th?
种种暴♥力♥行为
Well, first of all, we're having the wrong conversation,
首先 我们这段对话的源头不对
accepting a narrative without nuance.
我们不应该忽视字里行间的潜台词
See, the media and the folks from Washington,
媒体和华盛顿的人
wanna reduce our story to black on black crime
想把芝加哥的故事 以黑吃黑犯罪一言蔽之
instead of looking at what's wrong with the system
却没有真正去审视 这个体系出了什么问题
that has led us here,
才会走到这步田地
a system that Nathan Gordon has been entrenched in for decades.
而内森·戈登已经在这个体系里待了几十年
I Oh, now you got that right.
我... 这话你说对了
That's right, Mrs. Young.
没错 杨女士
I have been entrenched in this neighborhood.
我确实在这个社区待了很久
Oh, yeah, I grew up in the 6th.
我就是在第六选区长大的
Lived here all my life.
一辈子都住在这里
Right! You left to get a fancy degree.
对 而你却出去拿学位了
Came back and got a cushy job downtown.
回来之后在市区找了份体面的工作
You may live in the 6th now and talk
你也许现在住在第六选区
like you've lived the struggle here.
一副体会过这种挣扎的样子
That's right. But you're an outsider.
没错 但你是外来人
She's an outsider!
她是局外人
Wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait, wait. No.
等等 稍等一下 不
If you wanna talk about outsiders,
如果你想谈局外人
let's talk about cops who come to the 6th for target practice.
不如说说那些来第六街区做射击练习的警♥察♥
YouYou voted for You talk...
你投票支持... 你的语气
You talk like you want to save us?
一副想要拯救我们的样子
But you don't even know us.
但你根本不了解我们
Oh, please, my family, my husband's family,
得了吧 我全家 我丈夫全家
we all grew up in the 6th. No, no, come on now.
我们都在第六选区长大 少来这套
We need someone who works for black people.
我们需要能为黑人谋福利的人
You don't even work with black people.
而你甚至没有跟黑人一起工作
Am I right?
我说对了吗
Are you sure you want this? Yes.
你确定想这么做吗 确定
Thank you, brother.
谢谢你 兄弟
We have time for just one more.
我们还有时间回答最后一个问题
Does anyone have a last question that they would like to ask?
有没有人想要问最后一个问题
I have a question.
我想提问
Uh...thanks.
谢谢
That's her, isn't it?
是她 对吧
Uh...hi. I have a question for Alderman Gordon.
我有个问题想要问戈登市议员
Of course. I'm always happy to
当然 我任何时候都乐于
answer questions for a lovely young lady.
为一位年轻可爱的女士解答问题
Mr. Gordon, uh, this is my first time hearing you speak,
戈登先生 这是我第一次听你讲话
and I know this is a debate, but that doesn't mean
我明白这是场辩论 但这不代表
that you have the right to be rude.
你就有权利冒犯人家
This whole time, I've watched you disrespect Ms. Young.
整场辩论 我都看着你不尊重杨女士
I think everybody saw it.
我想大家都看见了
Ms. Young is qualified and--and inspiring,
杨女士完全有资格 而且她很鼓舞人
especially to girls like me.
特别是对我这样的女孩
My--My question is after witnessing your behavior,
我的问题是 看到你这样的举止后
how would you expect any woman to vote for you?
你怎么能期待有任何女性投票给你呢
Wait, wait.
等等
First of all,
首先
I definitely meant no disrespect.
我绝对没有不尊重的意思
None at all. If anything, I was challenging Mrs. Young.
绝对没有 我只是在挑战杨女士而已
The city council is not for the faint of heart.
市议会可不是胆小之人能待的地方
I've been treating her the same as I would treat any man
我对待她的方式跟我对待任何
running for her position.
想要竞选她位置的男人一样
Interesting. You know, because when we shook hands,
有意思 当我们握手时
you said, "You could have been working under me."
你可是说 "你本可以在我身下干的"
You sure you would put a man in that position?
你确定你会这样对男士说吗
Hmm? Oh, that'sThat's not That's not...
会吗 那...那不是...
Well, is it true?
这是事实吧
The truth is we are who we are
事实是 当我们认为
when we think no one else is watching,
没有别人看见和听见时
when we think no one else can hear.
我们就会露出自己的本来面目
I can't prove what you said. No one heard it but me.
我没办法证明你说过那句话 只有我听见了
But you can bet that every woman in here
但你可以相信在座的每一位妇女
has heard something like that before.
之前都听到过类似的话
Yes, ma'am.
没错 女士
You see, that is the specialty of powerful men.
你看 那是有权有势的男人的特性
You think you can get away with anything you want.
你们认为可以为所欲为 而不必承担后果
That's right!
说得对
And speaking of getting away with anything,
说到不必承担后果
I wanna talk about a man--
我想谈一个人...
a man named Dwayne Boden.
他叫道恩·博登
Dwayne Boden served time in prison
道恩·博登在监狱里服刑
when he took the fall for the son of a powerful man
因为他替一个有权势男人的儿子顶了罪
for a crime he did not commit,
为了一个他并没有犯过的罪行
and he's still there right now,
而他至今仍在监狱里
caught up in that cycle of incarceration black folks face,
陷入黑人们要面对的进出牢狱循环
making it nearly impossible for him to re-enter society.
几乎不可能重新融入社会
The prosecutors, the CPD, they were happy to have
检察官和芝加哥警局都乐于将
a poor, black kid from the South Side put away.
一个南区贫穷的黑小子关起来
Like so many of our young men from the 6th
就如同我们第六选区的很多年轻人一样
have been shuttled into the system,
剧集 | 红线(2019) | 导航列表