剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
好好享受吧
so let's enjoy it.
-他疯了吗 -他一定是疯了
- Has he lost his mind? - He's lost his fucking mind.
大家好...大家好
Hello... Hello. Hello.
我是...我叫理查德·亨德里克斯
I am... My name is Richard Hendricks, and I am,
我和这个人 这个人 这个人
along with this guy, him, him...
以及还有一个好像不见了的人
...and another guy that has disappeared...
我们是'魔笛手' 一个压缩算法公♥司♥
we are Pied Piper. A compression company.
你们拿到的小册子上写着
Well, you know, in your pamphlets it says that we are
我们是一个基于云端的多平台
a cloud based multi-platform solution
用户导向的压缩算法
for user-focused compression.
在昨天之前我们的确是这样的
And we were. Until yesterday.
但现在不是了
But now we are not.
因为'互利'
Uh, because you see, Hooli
做了所有我们想做的 而且远比我们好
did everything that we were tying to do, better, way better.
'纽核力'建立在
Nucleus is built on the
和我们一样的引擎上 一模一样的引擎
same engine as ours, like exactly the same,
他们的维斯曼评分是2.89 和我们的一样
and their Weissman score was 2.89, same as ours.
但问题是 他们
But the thing is, they built
在这个基础上又建立了许多很棒的东西
a ton of really great stuff up on top of that.
我们无法匹敌 所以我们现在得找别的出路
And we can't compete, so now we have to be something else.
干的漂亮 '互利'
Um... well-played, Hooli.
所以 不管怎么说
Uh, OK, so anyway,
我们都知道 压缩文件最简单的方式
we all know that the most obvious way
是用香农编码 对吧 自顶向下
to compress files is with Shannon coding, right? Top down.
理查德 他们看不清的 字太小了
Richard, they can't see that, it's too small.
-好吧 -有几百人呢
- OK. - Literally, hundreds of people here.
不 但我需要...
Oh, no, but I need...
妈的 好吧
Shit, OK.
对
Um... right, oh.
香农 霍夫曼
这是香农编码 然后大卫·霍夫曼出现了
Uh, so Shannon coding and then David Huffman came along,
他开创了自底向上编码
and he pioneered bottom up,
然后是从左至右编码的LZ算法
and Lempel-Ziv with left to right, obviously.
数十年来我们都用这些编码来压缩文件
And for decades, we used these codes to compress,
不管是JPEG MPEG MP3还是zip文件
you know, JPEGs, MPEGs, MP3s, zips, all that stuff.
但这些我们都很了解 不用再多费口舌
But we all know that, so there's no point in talking about it.
但昨天晚上
But what happened was, last night
我听到我的朋友们一直在争论
I was watching my friends here have this argument.
关于 "数据控制"
About, you know, manipulating... data...
然后说到 一个人可以同时
and, you know, how many datas
控制多少数据
could one guy manipulate at once and, uh...
然后我就想到
and I was just... I was thinking.
说不定还有别的方法
Maybe it could be another way, you know?
我想到了一种算法 叫做"发散法"
Something that I would call, "Middle out".
自底向上和向下 由左及右再返回
It's up and down, back and forth
所有这些都同时进行
all at the same time going on at once.
总之 我昨晚删掉了我们所有的模块
OK, well, anyway, I deleted all our modules last night,
完全重建了我们的引擎 一切从零开始
and I completely rebuilt our engine, from scratch last night.
文件
压缩引擎
今天早上 我的时间只够完成一个测试
Now, this morning I really only had enough time to do one test,
但我测试时
and when I did,
我们的维斯曼评分是3.8
we hit a Weissman score of 3.8.
维斯曼评分
我知道理论极限值是2.9
Now, I know the theoretical limit was 2.9,
但从这里可以看到
but as you can see here...
抱歉打断下 你的得分是3.8
I'm sorry. You scored a 3.8?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
而这是个通用的无损压缩引擎
And this is a universal lossless compression engine?
文本 音频 视频都适用
Text? Audio? Video?
是的 没错
Yes, that is correct.
很抱歉我打断了你这精彩的展示 理查德
Well, I'm sorry to interrupt your eloquent presentation, Richard.
但与其光用嘴说
But, rather than say anything more,
不如我们现场给你个文件
why don't we just give you a file
测试下你的引擎是否真如你所说的那么好
and we'll see whether this thing can do what you say it does.
因为如果结果并不理想
Because if it can't,
比赛就结束了 对吧
then we're done here, right?
对 好的 挺公平
Yeah. Yeah, that's fair.
那我们给你任何格式的文件 你都能做到
So we can give you any kind of file and you can compress it,
无损压缩 还能达到这个分数 3.8吗
without degradation, at this standard? Three-eight?
对 没错
Yes... yep.
好吧 请给我们点时间
All right, give us a minute, please.
-有什么文件吗 -你们有什么文件吗
- What do we got? - Does anyone have anything?
-你有文件吗 -我有个文件挺合适的
- Do you have something? - I've got a file for him.
安迪·斯塔福有个文件给你
OK. Andy Stafford here has a file for you.
-好的 -这是个132GB的未压缩
- OK. - It's a 132 gigabytes un-compressed,
3D视频文件
and it's a 3D video file.
好的
Ok.
该死
Shit...
-是他妈3D文件 -对
- A fucking 3D file? - Yes.
-这他妈开玩笑吗 -该死
- Are you fucking kidding me? - Goddammit.
-我们能搞定吗 -等下就知道答案了
- Can we handle this? - I guess we'll find out.
该死 希望没问题
Damm it, I hope this works.
3D 立交桥展示
未压缩
压缩后
妈的 卡住了
Shit... it's hung.
正在压缩文件
正在压缩文件
未压缩
未压缩
压缩后
压缩后
3D 立交桥展示
3D 立交桥展示
不要啊
Oh, no.
卡住了吗
Is it stuck?
我们有时间限制 你们只剩下两分钟
There is a time limit, you have two minutes remaining.
快啊 快啊 动啊
Come on, come on, come on...
压缩文件大小: 24.35GB
看来压缩完毕了
It looks like it's done.
等下 24GB 怎么回事
Wait, 24 gigs? What happened?
妈的 这不可能
Oh... shit, there's no way.
它肯定只压缩了其中一部分
It didn't compress the whole thing.
压缩完应该是这个的两倍
It should be twice that size.
24GB 比原文件的四分之一还要小
I mean, 24 gigs, that's less than a fourth the file size.
这结果看起来很可疑啊 理查德
That seems dubious, Richard.
不如我们直接做个维斯曼测试来确认下
Why don't we run a Weissman test for verification,
看哪里出错了
see where we went wrong.
好吧 应该很快就能测试完
OK, I mean it shouldn't take too long,
它只压缩了半个这破文件
it only compressed half the fucking file.
我很抱歉 我不应该重写整个程序
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have rewritten all this code.
之前的程序起码不会出错
I mean, what we had before worked.
抱歉 伙计们 盖文赢了 我们输了
I'm sorry, guys. Gavin won. We lost.
至少我们不至于像这样
At least it didn't happen
在众目睽睽之下输得这么彻底
in a public and brutally embarrassing way.
-多谢你安慰 吉尔弗约尔 -不谢
- Thanks, Gilfoyle. - Yeah.
等下 这是怎么回事
Wait a second. What's happening?
完整性
空间域错误
没有出错 你们看
There's no errors, look!
测试评分
5.2 怎么会 怎么
Five-point-two? How, how...?
等下 什么
Wait, what?
等下 它压缩了整个文件吗
Wait, it compressed the whole file?
是整个文件
That's the whole file.
压缩文件大小只有我预想的一半
It's just half the size I thought it would be.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
我们会继续对这个结果进行核实
obviously we're going to keep looking at this to verify,
但如果这5.2分最终得到确认
but with a confirmed score of 5.2,
测试评分
'魔笛手'刚刚取得的分数
Pied Piper appears to have just doubled
将有史以来最高的维斯曼评分翻了一倍
the best Weissman score ever measured.
整整一倍
Doubled it!
'魔笛手' 女士们先生们
Pied Piper, ladies and gentlemen!
用掌声恭喜他们
Let's hear it for them!
我♥操♥
Holy shit!
我在参加'科技博客'创业展会
Hey, I'm at TechCrunch.
有个叫亨德里克斯的孩子和他的'魔笛手'
This kid Hendricks and Pied Piper
创造了一个奇迹
just ran a two minute mile.
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表