I couldn't care for Reg any more than I do...I just couldn't.
这听起来有点自满 希望你不介意我这么说
That sounds a touch complacent, if you don't mind my saying so.
就像我原来的拉丁语老师常说的
As my old Latin teacher used to say,
"人总有可进步之处"
"Qui semper in melius locus" -
"总有改善的空间"
"There's always room for improvement."
对 医生
Right, Doctor.
还有别的事吗
Now, is there anything else?
没了
No.
你喜欢那些画吗
Do you fancy the pictures?
我原以为我们可以庆祝一下
I thought we could celebrate.
庆祝
Celebrate?
我们有什么好庆祝的
What have we got to celebrate?
我周一开始做新工作了
I start a new job Monday.
新工作
New job?
我以为我会让你惊喜
I thought I'd surprise you.
确实是惊喜
It is a surprise.
我遇到了一些非常棒的人 艾瑟尔
I've met some smashing people, Ethel.
我觉得你会喜欢他们的
I think you'll like them.
如果我杀了你我会拿到保险金吗 阿瑟
Would I get an insurance payment if I killed you, Arthur?
但我们得先结婚才行
Well, we'd have to get married first.
这种时候你找不到任何人肯娶你
You won't find anyone to marry you now,
虽然有人说詹姆斯·多耶可能会
although some say that James Doyle,
他是公牛装甲师的 曾经是个神父
of The Bull, used to be Father Doyle.
二战期间英国第11装甲师 被称为愤怒的公牛
不可能吧
He never was!
因为一起涉及主教夫人的事件被逐出教会了
Excommunicated after an incident involving the bishop's wife.
你太搞笑了 雷金
You are funny, Reg!
是真的
It's true.
不会太久了
It won't be long now.
我父亲说他们已经解放了巴黎
My dad says they've liberated Paris.
我们该把收音机打开
We should switch the wireless on.
你看到收音机了吗 艾瑟尔
Have you seen the wireless, Ethel?
在橱柜里
It's in the cupboard.
我去拿 来搭把手 阿瑟
Oh, I'll fetch it. Arthur, would you give us a hand?
这东西你从哪弄来的
Where did you get that?
我自己做的
I made it myself.
-真是个聪明的混♥蛋♥ -阿瑟
- Clever bugger, aren't you? - Arthur!
我喜欢他这么说
I like to think so.
我家雷金可以做出任何东西
My Reg can turn his hand to anything.
别告诉单位的人
Don't tell them at work,
不然他们会把我拿去卖♥♥了的
though, they'll have me on the shop floor!
不过它需要一根天线
It needs an aerial, though.
一个挂钩和一些电线
A coat hanger and a bit of wire.
如果你愿意 我可以帮你做
I could do it, if you, if you want?
你不知道东西都放在哪
You won't know where anything is.
我带你去
I'll show you.
你的黏膜炎怎么样了 缪丽尔
How's your catarrh, Muriel?
溃烂了 因为它我已经两天没上班了
Rotten, I've been off two days with it.
我在战前曾接受过医学培训
I trained as a doctor before the war.
我倒不知道 雷金
I didn't know that, Reg.
你想让我快速诊断一下吗
Would you like me to take a quick peek?
你很漂亮
You're very pretty.
是个美女
A beauty.
谢谢
Thank you.
雷金告诉我他接受过医学培训
Reg was telling me he trained to be a doctor.
他确实喜欢夸大其词
Oh, he does like to exaggerate.
圣约翰医院急救志愿者而已吧 雷金
St John's Ambulance volunteer, wasn't it, Reg?
某人今天真是丢人现眼
Someone made a spectacle of themselves today.
让自己狠狠尴尬了一把
Embarrassed yourself good and proper.
无所谓 反正我们也不会再见到他们了
Never mind. We won't be seeing them again anyway.
你为什么这么说
What makes you say that?
我看到你看她的眼神了 雷金
I saw the way you looked at her, Reg.
她不是你买♥♥♥春♥的那几个人之一
She's not one of the ones you pay for.
你离她远点 否则我就告诉她
Now, you give her a wide berth or I'll have a word!
你离她远点 否则我就跟她讲讲
You keep a wide berth or I'll tell her exactly
受人敬仰的克里斯蒂去了什么地方
what respectable Mr Christie gets up to...
我要掐死他
Ring his bloody neck.
禽兽
Bastard!
艾瑟尔 有你的信
Er, Ethel, you've a letter.
失陪
Excuse me.
艾瑟尔
Ethel.
艾瑟尔
Ethel!
他说了什么废话
What rubbish is he spouting?
艾瑟尔 信这么长 不可能什么都没说
It's a long letter, Ethel, to be saying nothing.
他生病了 他不舒服
He's, er, he's sick is all. He's not well.
这算是什么借口
What kind of excuse is that?
我不知道
I don't know.
他一定觉得你是个傻子
He must think you're daft.
是的
Aye.
哈里 我一直在想
Listen, I've been thinking, Harry, you know.
我很开心你遇到了珍妮斯
I'm happy you've met Janice.
你不再需要我在这里了
You don't need me here anymore.
我要回家了
I'm going to go home.
他差一点就杀了你
He nearly bloody killed you.
哈里 问题是他生病了
The problem is, Harry, he's not well.
你知道他一直不太对劲
You know he's not been right.
自从我没了孩子之后他就一直不太对劲
He's not been right ever since I lost the baby.
那都是多少年前的事了
Oh, that was years ago.
这应该都是因为伦敦 那个地方太可怕了
I think it's London, as well. It's a horrible, horrible place.
我觉得...
You know, I think...
我应该回家把事情处理好
I just need to go home and make it right.
是啊
Aye.
你会没事的
You'll be all right.
你现在要去成立新家庭了
Got to start a family now.
这个我有的是时间
I've plenty of time for that.
我要先照顾好我现在的家庭
I've got to look after the one I've got.
我会没事的
I'll be all right.
能送我回家吗
Would you take me home, please?
我该回家了
I need to go home.
该回去把事情处理好了
I need to make it right.
好啊
Aye.
艾瑟尔
Ethel?
我以为你不会回来了
I didn't think you were coming back.
哈里
Harry.
雷金
Reg.
他们求我留下来 哈里
They begged me to stay, Harry.
托马斯队长 我们叫他"太妃糖"
Sergeant Thomas - Taffy, we called him -
他说我可是"队里的顶梁柱"
He said I was an "asset to the force".
是吗
Did he now?
当然了
Yes, he did.
好了 我该走了
Right, I best be off.
不想错过火车
Don't want to miss my train.
是啊 别错过
No, no, you don't.
哈里 我有东西给你
Oh, Harry, I've got something for you.
我去拿
Shall I fetch it?
-你不知道在哪里 -对
- You won't know where it is. - Right.
艾瑟尔
Ethel?
艾瑟尔
Ethel?
圣诞快乐
Happy Christmas.
提早的圣诞礼物
Well, it's an early Christmas present.
-你还好吗 -还好
- Are you all right? - Aye.
别错过火车 快去吧
You don't want to miss your train. Come on.
你确定不跟我一起回去
Are you sure you won't come back with me?
哈里 我确定 我会没事的
No, Harry, I'm sure. I'll be all right.
快去吧 你要错过火车了
Come on, you're going to miss your train.
-爱你 -我爱你 去吧
- Love you. - I love you. Go on.
一切恢复正常真好
Be nice to get things back to normal.
这里有点乱 不是吗
Bit of a mess in there, isn't it?
要是我知道
If only I'd known...
你要回来 就提前把东西
I wanted to get things shipshape
收拾干净了
before you came back,