I've been suffering from fibrositis,
小肠炎
enteritis.
去年还精神崩溃过一次
Last year I had a nervous breakdown.
圣查尔斯医院的佩蒂特医生可以证明
Dr. Petit from St Charles Hospital will verify it.
是你杀了贝丽尔·埃文斯吗
Did you kill Beryl Evans?
我觉得我勒死了埃文斯夫人
I have an idea that I strangled Mrs Evans, yes.
那孩子呢
What about the baby?
我向你保证 警官
Let me assure you, Inspector,
我完全不知道
that I've absolutely no idea
埃文斯夫妇的孩子怎么了
what happened to the Evans' baby.
我不记得我在那个周二
I do not recollect seeing
或者之后再见到过它
it on the Tuesday or any time afterwards.
早上好
Good morning.
克里斯蒂还杀了其他人吗
都写着呢 他们说你杀了那个孩子
It's all there. They're saying you killed the baby.
我没杀
I don't believe I did,
但如果我杀了
but if I did,
只会让人困惑
it would just confuse matters to say so...
毕竟他们已经绞死了一个人
when they've already hanged a man.
即使这样 在你走进法庭之前
Even so, the jury'll have you hung, drawn and quartered
陪审团就会把你绞死 五马分尸
before you can so much as set foot into that courtroom.
这是意识和定罪的问题
It's a question of cognisance and culpability.
我的优势在于我失去了意识
I have a preponderancy to blackouts,
这可是顶级的医生说的
and so say the finest medical minds.
没有意识 也就没法定罪
Without cognisance there can be no culpability.
你们不能绞死一个无法为自己行为负责的人
You can't hang a man who's not in charge of his faculties.
请问能把我的眼镜还给我吗
Can I have my glasses back, please?
约翰·雷金纳德·哈利迪·克里斯蒂
John Reginald Halliday Christie,
陪审团判你有罪 你谋杀了你的妻子
the jury find you guilty of the murder of your wife,
艾瑟尔·克里斯蒂
Ethel Christie.
你将被带到刑场
From here you will be taken to a place of execution
在那里被绞死
and hanged by the neck until you are dead.
愿主怜悯你的灵魂
May the Lord have mercy on your soul.
告诉他们你杀了杰拉尔丁 我儿子是清白的
Tell them you killed Geraldine! Tell them my son was innocent!
你还有什么想对我说的吗 雷金纳德
Is there anything else you want to tell me, Reginald?
几点了
What time is it?
快到九点了
Almost nine.
不可能
It can't be.
你现在想忏悔吗
Do you want to confess now?
忏悔能帮到我吗
Will it help me?
我对不起...
I'm sorry...
艾瑟尔
..for Ethel.
其他人呢
And the others?
你把她们的名字说出来 可能会好一些
It might help if you could say their names.
鲁斯
Ruth.
缪丽尔
Muriel.
丽塔
Rita.
凯瑟琳
Kathleen.
赫克托丽娜
Hectorina.
还有贝丽尔
And Beryl.
那个婴儿呢
And the baby?
杰拉尔丁
Geraldine?
就这些
That was all.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
约翰·克里斯蒂没有承认谋杀了婴儿杰拉尔丁
蒂莫·埃文斯在1966年被追授死后皇家赦免
但他的定罪没有被正式废除 在法律上他依然有罪
他的家人仍然在努力为他讨回公道