剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表
Guess that means presents are off the table.
但我没那么说
But I didn't say that.
我的意思不是...要看情况 你给我准备了什么
I didn't mean to-- It depends. What did you get me?
两个半小时后到自助餐厅来找我
Meet me in the cafeteria in two and a half hours.
好
Okay.
我确实有些阿♥拉♥伯糖5磷酸盐 要在下周前净化好 所以...
I did have some A5P I wanted to purify before next week, so...
很好 就这样
Perfect. Okay.
两个半小时
Two and a half hours.
你为我烹饪
You cooked for me?
我不能保证和你做的食物一样美味
I can't promise it'll taste as good as yours.
但是 我试做过一次 还算能吃
But, you know, I did a practice run, and it was edible.
明火是个安全隐患
The open flame is a safety hazard.
等你先尝过鸡肉再说
Well, just wait till you try the chicken.
这很奇怪 我...
This is odd. I'm--
是
Yes.
太远了 是
Too far? Yeah.
你知道 这不是...我是说...
You know, it's not-- I mean--
好吃 十分
It's good. Well done.
十分
Well done?
不是十分 是十分熟
Not well done. It's well-done.
很好吃
It's good.
送你的礼物
Your gift.
我想630可以陪你跑步
I thought Six Thirty could be your running buddy.
因为我肯定不会陪你跑的
Because I sure as hell will not be doing that with you.
太好了
It's perfect.
我还有最后一样东西
I have one last thing.
很小 但是...
It's small, but...
我觉得你该搬来和我同居
I think you should move in with me.
也许你会说这进展太快了
And maybe you'll say it's too fast.
但我们反正整天待在一起 而我家很大 一个人住很浪费
But we spend all our time together anyway, and I have so much space for one person.
我们总是跑来跑去...
It's just illogical for us to keep going back and forth
这不合逻辑
and back and forth and--
更别说会让630感到迷糊了
Not to mention just very disorienting for Six Thirty.
对 会让630感到非常迷糊
Yes. Extremely disorienting for Six Thirty.
我会付房♥租的
I'll have to contribute to rent.
我是房♥主 没有房♥贷
I own the house. It's paid in full.
不...我会用某种方法付房♥租的
Oh, no, no. I'll chip in, in some way.
一周四次晚餐
Dinner, four nights a week.
三次晚餐和一次午餐
Three dinners and a lunch.
成交
Deal.
好 我来尝尝
Okay. Let me try this.
好像还缺了点什么
I think it's still missing something.
对 缺了不少呢
Yes, it is missing quite a few things.
但这是个很好的开始
But it is an excellent start.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 说吧 缺了什么
All right, go ahead. What's it missing?
你带着笔记本和铅笔吗
Do you have your notepad and pencil?
哈莉特 抱歉 它还没完全适应牵引绳
Harriet. Sorry, he's still getting used to his leash.
我一直想找你 我有好消息
I've been trying to catch you. I have some exciting news.
该死 会议 真抱歉 我在和伊莉莎白搞研究
Oh, shit. The meeting. I'm so sorry. It's just this research with Elizabeth.
你知道 我...我们几小时后要做陈述
And you know, I-- We actually have a presentation in a few hours.
别担心 看起来你很忙
Don't worry about it. Looks like you got your hands full.
会议结果如何
How'd it go?
你觉得呢
How do you think it went?
来 我帮你吧 - 我能行 谢谢
Here, let me help you with that. - I've got it. Thank you.
祝你陈述顺利
Good luck with your presentation.
在鲍林的研究成果基础上
So, building on the work of Pauling,
我的假说支持...抱歉
my hypothesis supports the notion-- Sorry.
我的假说
My hypothesis,
是蛋白质由氨基酸组成这一概念支持的
supported by the notion that proteins are composed of amino acids--
抱歉 是链...由链组成
I'm sorry, chains-- are composed by chains,
由整条氨基酸链组成
entire chains of amino acids.
真是令人振奋
It's quite exhilarating.
准备好了吗
You ready?
准备好很久了
It's a long time coming.
下午好
Good afternoon.
伊凡斯博士 我们今天听到了 很多研究很充分的报告
Dr. Evans, we've heard a lot of thoroughly researched submissions today.
我们都很期待 想听听你闭门研究这么久的成果
So, we're all very excited to hear what's kept you behind closed doors for so long.
谢谢 唐纳提博士
Thank you, Dr. Donatti.
但是 伊莉莎白是第一作者 今天由她来报告
But, as first author, Elizabeth will be presenting today.
我和伊凡斯博士 一直在研究从头合成核苷酸
Dr. Evans and I have been investigating de novo nucleotide synthesis
以更好地理解早期生化进化和无生源论
as a way of better understanding early biochemical evolution and abiogenesis.
和氨基酸研究团队不同
Unlike the aminos study group,
我们的出发点假设DNA
we are starting with the basic assumption that DNA,
而非蛋白质 才是生命的基石
not protein, is the basic foundation of life.
成功隔绝磷酸核糖焦磷酸后
After successfully isolating PRPP,
我们用它合成了单磷酸尿苷
we've used it to synthesize uridine monophosphate
和单磷酸肌苷 分别用于嘧啶和嘌呤
and inosine monophosphate for pyrimidines and purines, respectively.
不好意思 你是说你可以从头创造核苷酸
I'm sorry, are you saying that you can create nucleotides from scratch?
普莱斯博士 我就是这个意思
That is exactly what I'm saying, Dr. Price.
即便你成功合成了核苷酸
Even if you have managed to synthesize nucleotides,
我们哈斯汀相信 DNA这条路最终是行不通的
we here at Hastings believe that DNA will eventually prove to be a dead end.
你和伊凡斯博士想出来的这个实验计划
This protocol that you and Dr. Evans have come up with
很可能只是哗众取宠的把戏
is likely nothing more than a party trick.
无论你们相信 生命的基石是蛋白质还是DNA
Whether you believe that proteins or DNA are the foundations of life,
这个合成方法是创新的
this synthesis pathway is novel.
狄尔斯和阿尔德 因双烯合成获得了诺贝尔奖
Diels and Alder won the Nobel Prize for diene synthesis.
佐特小姐
Miss Zott.
小姐 她不是博士
Miss? Isn't she a doctor?
她是实验室技师
She's a lab tech.
她的研究是这次提案的基础
It is her research that is the basis for this proposal.
伊凡斯博士 这家机构名声在外
Dr. Evans, this institution has a reputation.
这种名声是建立在 像你这样的世界级科学家
A reputation based on the likes of world-class scientists like yourself
做世界级工作的基础上的
doing world-class work.
而不是实验室技师华而不实的理论
Not the specious theories of a pretty lab tech
还干扰了他做真正的工作
who's been distracting him from real work.
本研究成果是具有启示性的 先生
This work is revelatory, sir.
先生 实验室技师的名字 排在化学家前面
Sir, a lab technician taking first billing over a chemist?
哈斯汀会成为整个科学界的笑柄
Hastings would be the laughingstock of the entire scientific community.
我宁可关门大吉
I'd rather shutter the place.
你们还有其他化学家申请兰森经费吗 还是说陈述结束
Do you have any other chemists to present for the Remsen, or are we done here?
陈述结束
We are done here.
我们回家吧 - 我们会把我的名字从论文上去掉
Let's go home. - We'll take my name off the paper.
不 我们不会
No, we won't.
伊莉莎白
Elizabeth.
若没有经费... - 伊莉莎白
We can't finish our research... - Elizabeth.
我们就无法完成研究 要得到经费 我们就必须提交
...without the grant, and we can't get the grant unless we submit.
这项研究太重要了 - 我在保护你
The work is too important. - I was protecting you.
凯文 我需要你理解
Calvin, I need you to understand this.
如果我不能独♥立♥自强 我就什么也不是
If I don't stand on my own two feet, I'm no one.
我需要你理解 你是我这个世上最珍惜的人
And I need you to understand this. You are what I treasure most in this world.
不是因为你漂亮 不是因为你聪明
Not because you are pretty, not because you are smart,
而是因为你爱我 我也爱你
but because you love me and I love you.
你可以试着否认 但我不会相信你
And you can try and deny it, but I will not believe you.
某些原子的碰撞
When certain atoms collide,
是一瞬间的事 而且是必然的
it is instantaneous and it is inevitable.
这是基础化学
It is basic chemistry.
我不否认
I don't deny it.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们抛开哈斯汀自己提交
We will submit on our own without Hastings.
这样也行
Can you even do that?
我不知道之前是否有人这么做过
I don't know that anyone has ever tried.
和你在一起 我不会感到难过
I don't feel bad when I'm with you.
谢了
Thanks?
不 我只是...
No, I just--
一生中的大部分时间
I mean, most of my life I've lived with this
心中都有一种莫名的恐慌
inexplicable panic in the core of my heart.
我们在一起的时候 我心里很平静
When we're together, it goes quiet.
你就像一种我想要永远服用的药
You're like a medicine that I wanna take forever.
如果你说的是传统的“永远”
If by "forever" you're talking about the traditional model,
我想说清楚 以免困惑
剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表