剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表
No, I named him after John Calvin.
我不太清楚那是谁
I'm not sure I know who that is.
他是一位16世纪的神学者
He was a 16th-century theologian
你的曾曾祖母曾给我读他的书
that your great-great-grandmother used to read to me.
他相信宿♥命♥论♥
He believed in predestination.
神学者
A theologian.
知道这个的话 他会很高兴的
That would have delighted him.
希望很快能听到你们的消息
I hope to hear from you soon.
想聊聊今天的事吗 见到奶奶的事
Do you wanna talk about today? About meeting your grandmother?
我以为谜底终于揭开的时候
I thought that when I got to the end of the mystery,
我会有不同的感受
it was going to feel different.
在科学中
Well, in science,
发现往往会引出更多问题
discoveries usually lead to more questions.
我不想提更多问题了
I don't wanna ask more questions.
我只想了解我爸
I just want my dad.
我知道 我非常想他
I know. I miss him so much.
但我能在你身上看到他的样子
But you know, I see him in you.
真的
You do?
你知道你沮丧的时候就会皱眉吗
You know how your brow crinkles when you're frustrated?
还有你总是同时读三本书
Or how you always read three books at once?
还有你有时想得太多就会忘记吃饭 这都很像他
Or how you forget to eat sometimes when you're thinking so much? That's all him.
爸爸跟韦克利说 《远大前程》是他最喜欢的书
Dad told Wakely that Great Expectations was his favorite book.
也是我最喜欢的
And it's mine too.
你有一本按数字顺序填色的书吧
You know that coloring book you have, the paint by numbers?
想象一下 你认识的每一个人 去的每一个地方
Imagine that every person that you meet, every place that you go,
读到关于爸爸的每一个字母 都是构成他这幅图画的
every letter that you read about your dad is just another color,
一种颜色
painting in the picture of him.
这是比喻
That's a metaphor.
是的
It is.
嘿 明天要不要跟我一起逃学
Hey, do you wanna play hooky with me tomorrow?
我今天就跟你逃学了
I played hooky with you today.
我知道 你越来越擅长了
I know. You're getting very good at it.
当双眼通过红 蓝滤镜看到画面时
When your eyes see the image through the red and blue filters,
图像似乎扑面而来
the image appears to be coming right at you.
这幅黑豹的画真是细节满满呢 谢谢
Well, that is a very meticulous drawing of a panther. Thank you.
你觉得呢
Well, what do you think?
我更喜欢人类学研究
I prefer the humanities.
这边是什么
And what do we have here?
我父亲开了一家面包店
Well, my father owns a bakery,
我想测试不同环境
and I wanted to test the effects of different environments
对减缓霉菌生长的影响
for slowing the growth of mold.
天啊 这会对你父亲很有帮助
Wow. Well, that will be very helpful to your father.
你长大后想当烘焙师吗
Do you wanna be a baker when you grow up?
不想 我想当生物学家
No, I wanna be a biologist.
是吗 你读过查尔斯达尔文的 《人类的由来》吗
You do? Well, have you read Charles Darwin's Descent of Man?
或埃尔温薛定谔的《生命是什么 》
Or Erwin Schr?dinger's What Is Life?
没有 但我会读的 谢谢
I have not, but I will. Thank you.
不客气 祝你好运
Of course. Best of luck to you.
我喜欢看你的电视节目 - 谢谢你 小兔兔
I love watching you on TV... - Thank you, bunny.
但我觉得你不属于这里
...but I don't think you belong there.
我属于哪里
Where do I belong?
实验室
A laboratory.
我做出了选择
Well, I made a choice.
再让我选一千次也是一样
A choice that I would make a thousand times over.
但我永远都是化学家
But I will always be a chemist.
化学家要研究化学
Chemists do chemistry.
(圣诞节)
查理 告诉我这个够不够长
Charlie, tell me if this is long enough.
看起来很长 很漂亮
This looks really long. This looks great.
再弄长一点吧 - 你确定
Make it a bit longer. - Are you sure?
再弄长一点
Make it a little longer.
我们为什么不全年都喝香料苹果汁呢
Why don't we drink spiced cider year-round?
生活中神秘的未解之谜之一
One of life's great mysteries.
给 朱尼尔
Here you go, Junior.
玛德对凯文的母亲怎么看
How's Mad feeling about Calvin's mother?
不知道
I don't know.
我不知道她如何融入我们的生活
I don't know where she fits.
你 查理 琳达和朱尼尔是我们的家人
You, Charlie, Linda, Junior, you're our family.
你和玛德绝对是我们的家人
You and Mad are definitely part of our family,
但如果你回忆一下 我们一开始不是这样的
but if you recall, that's not where we started.
我只希望玛德感到安全和爱 这些她都已经拥有
I just want Mad to feel safe and be loved. And she has all of that.
你说得好像爱是有限的
You say that like love is finite.
有更多的人爱和关心那个小女孩 永远不会有坏处
It never hurts to have more people who love and care for that little girl.
这倒提醒了我 我还没好好感谢你
Which reminds me, I have not properly thanked you
拯救了那个小女孩的家和其他邻居
for saving that little girl's home and the rest of the neighborhood.
天啊
Goodness.
好吧 还没有大功告成 但星期二的投票后
Well, we're not there yet, but after Tuesday's vote,
我确实希望我的努力 能换来无穷无尽的啤酒和蓝莓派
I do expect a lifetime of beer and blueberry pie for my efforts.
这里的高速路
The freeway here...
只是一个版本而已 全国各地像我们这样的社区
is just one version of what they're doing to communities like ours
都在遭遇类似的事
all over this country.
斗争不能止于糖丘 甚至是加州
The fight can't stop in Sugar Hill or even California.
我虽然没上电视 但我是一个嗓门很大的女人
Now, I may not have cameras on me, but I'm a one-woman bullhorn.
你也是
And so are you.
反正还能做几周节目 我们还没找到赞助商
For a few more weeks, anyway. We still haven't found our sponsor.
我感觉你依然可以继续发声很长时间
Something tells me you're not shutting up anytime soon.
这个不错吧
Isn't this great?
如果没有天花板 那确实很美
If we didn't have a ceiling, I'd say it's beautiful.
好吧 我去帮忙 趁这个人还没把自己弄伤
Now, all right. Let me get in there before this man hurts himself.
我不许你穿鞋踩沙发
I know you're not putting your shoes on my couch.
这个人真是的
This man.
我们还要继续编吗 - 继续
Should we continue it? - Keep going.
有消息吗 什么情况 - 她从不迟到的
Is there any word? What are we doing? - She's never late.
她不来的话 我们怎么办
What do we do if she doesn't show?
你会烹饪吗
Can you cook?
我会把冰淇淋挖到碗里 这算吗
I can scoop ice cream into a bowl. Does that count?
不算
Uh-uh.
这样吧 我叫哈里开车去她家
You know what? I'll have Harry drive by her house.
嘿 哈里... - 天啊 谢天谢地
Hey, Harry-- - Thank God.
抱歉...我在城市另一头有约 没想到用了这么久
Sorry. I'm sorry. I had an appointment across town, and it went over.
哈里 这些是给观众的 请在每个座位下面放一个
Harry, these are for the audience. Please place one of these under each seat.
我车上还有一箱 - 好
There's another box in my car. - Okay.
嗨 沃特 节目开始前 我得打个电♥话♥
Hi, Walter. I'm gonna need to make a phone call before the show starts.
没时间了 - 各位 还有五分钟
There is no time. - Five minutes, people!
快 追求完美有时会适得其反
Let's go. Perfect is the enemy of good.
你还好吗 - 我很好 你呢
You all right? - I'm well. How are you?
你的表情不太自然 怎么了
You have a look on your face. What is it?
我想清楚了
Clarity.
(6点晚餐)
下面请看 伊莉莎白佐特主持的《6点晚餐》
And now, Supper at Six with Elizabeth Zott.
直播倒计时 五 四 三...
We're live in five, four, three...
大家好 我叫伊莉莎白佐特 欢迎收看《6点晚餐》
Hello. My name is Elizabeth Zott, and this is Supper at Six.
今天的节目开始时 我有几件事要宣布
I will be starting today's show with a few announcements.
在我们讨论烤火腿糖浆的化学成分前
Before we dive into the chemical compounds of a baked-ham glaze,
大家可能注意到 节目现场没有快而脆的干扰了
you may notice that there are no Swift & Crisp products littering our set.
这是因为他们撤掉了对节目的赞助
Well, that is because they dropped our show.
我为此感谢他们
And for that, I thank them.
我知道并不是所有人 都和我支持同样的东西
I know that everyone doesn't stand for what I stand for,
但如果我们不发声 我们的信念就毫无意义
but our convictions mean nothing if we don't voice them.
快而脆在次化学水平上是卑鄙的
Swift & Crisp is vile on a sub-chemical level.
种子油会损害你的线粒体
Seed oils are damaging to your mitochondria.
而我让大家把它吃进身体里这件事
And the fact that I told you to put that in your body
会让我余生都耿耿于怀
will haunt me for the rest of my days.
但幸运的是 我们有新赞助商了 他们和我们的价值观相符
But luckily, we have a new sponsor. One that aligns with our values.
丹碧丝
Tampax.
这是什么时候的事
When did this happen?
我不知道
I have no idea.
我用了丹碧丝多年
I have been using Tampax for years.
它们柔软 耐用 卫生
They are soft, durable and hygienic.
请看座位下面 有一份礼物送给大家
Please look under your seat. There's a present for you.
对于那些正在收看 却懒得问月经原理的男士
For the men watching who haven't bothered to ask about menstruation,
我来向你们解释
剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表