剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表
他是为跑而跑 他非常古怪
He just runs to run. He's very peculiar.
而且他从来不跟任何人说话
And he never talks to anyone.
嘿 唐纳提禁止加班 所以你别待太晚 否则我会有麻烦
Hey. Donatti put a freeze on overtime. So don't stay too late, or it's my tail.
我马上就走 - 好的
I'm right behind you. - Okay.
(化学实验室)
该死
Shit.
(凯文伊凡斯博士的财产)
佐特小姐 我监督全国100多个顶尖化学家
Miss Zott, I supervise over a hundred of the country's finest chemists,
他们则进行突破性的研究
who in turn generate groundbreaking work.
他们利用价值高达数千美元的器材 做出那些研究
They use equipment worth thousands of dollars to generate said work.
因此当我得知一位实验室技师 在下班后利用我们的器材
And so when I hear that a lab tech is using our equipment
却没有适当的监督 这让我忧心
after hours without proper supervision, it gives me pause.
先生 我能解释 我有加州大学洛杉矶分校的化学硕士学位
Sir, I can explain. I have my master's in chemistry from UCLA,
研究的是核酸的细胞代谢
where I studied cellular metabolism of nucleic acids.
此外 我一直在下班后做研究 从未占用上班时间
With all that said, I have been working in my off-hours, never on the clock,
自己进行关于无生源论的实验
conducting my own experiments on abiogenesis.
我将简单的小分子合成为核苷酸与核酸
I am synthesizing simple, small molecules into nucleotides and nucleic acids.
我的研究大有潜力 我打算用它申请兰森的经费
My research is very promising, and I intend to submit for the Remsen.
女士 先不说你使用实验室器材
Young lady, setting aside the fact that you're using lab equipment
而且没有化学家的适当监督...
without proper supervision of a chemist--
我就是化学家
I am a chemist.
我们的化学家都有博士学位
Our chemists have PhDs.
我绝不能让一个实验室技师的申请书 冠上哈斯汀的名号♥
I could never put the Hastings name on the submission of a lab tech
她还对加州大学洛杉矶分校的硕士学位 沾沾自喜
that's proudly waving around her master's from UCLA.
我是班上第一名 - 佐特小姐
I was top of my class... - Miss Zott--
而且我的研究会证明我的能力
...and the work will speak for itself.
你就是不够聪明
You are just not smart enough.
佐特小姐 我还没说完
Miss Zott, I wasn't finished.
我为何听说你不参加
What's this I hear about you not participating
哈斯汀小姐选美比赛
in the Little Miss Hastings Pageant?
我不知道这是强制性的
I wasn't aware that it was compulsory.
这不是强制性的
It is not compulsory.
但这是本机构文化的一部分
It is part of the culture here.
我建议你最好
I would suggest that you find yourself
多融入哈斯汀的文化精神
a little more of the Hastings spirit,
若你想继续在这里工作的话
if you'd like to keep your employment here.
现在你可以走了
Now you may go.
偶尔笑一下又死不了
A smile once in a while wouldn't kill you.
佐特小姐
Miss Zott.
佐特小姐
Miss Zott?
我听说你要参加选美了
I hear you're joining us for the pageant.
你怎么会... - 真高兴你改变心意
How did you-- - So glad you had a change of heart.
我不知道你是否听说了
So I don't know if you've heard,
但今年有晚礼服环节
but there's an evening gown category this year.
而且不强制穿比基尼
And also bikinis aren't mandatory.
你如果不喜欢比基尼 可以穿一件式泳衣
Feel free to wear a one-piece, if that makes you feel more comfortable.
你现在方便拍照吗
Is now a good time for a photo?
笑一个
Smile.
她来了 那个小偷
There she is. The thief.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
我去了每一个部门 质问几十个化学家
I have been through every department, interrogated dozens of chemists--
包括这间实验室的那些
including ones from this very lab--
他们说你 佐特小姐 向来喜欢惹毛别人
who said that you, Miss Zott, have a history of ruffling feathers.
或许更贴切地说
And perhaps more relevant,
你有自以为是的傲慢态度
have an arrogant attitude of self-importance.
你听过你说话的语气吗
Have you heard yourself speak?
所以你不否认吗
So you don't deny it?
一个秘书为何需要核糖
What would a secretary even have to do with ribose
除了要卖♥♥到黑市以外
aside from sell it on the black market?
我是化学家 - 你也是骗子
I am a chemist. - And a fibber to boot.
没错 因为黑市对单糖的需求超高
Oh, yes. Because there's such high demand on the black market for monosaccharide!
这太让人失望了 非常...我太失望了
This is very disappointing! Very-- I'm disappointed.
第一 我的实验室昨晚没上锁
One: My lab was unlocked last night,
所以我要你找人去请管♥理♥员♥给我安装新锁
so I want someone to speak to janitorial and have new locks placed on the door.
第二 我计算过被偷走的核糖成本
Two: I have calculated the cost of the missing ribose,
我要说清楚 这不能从我的预算里扣除
and I wanna make it clear, that will not be coming out of my budget.
第三 我要将我的地板消毒
Three: I want my floors sterilized.
至少有一个人 在没经过我同意的情况下进入
At least one person entered without my authorization.
我会过敏 所以不能 冒险接触任何污染物 你懂吗
And with my allergies, I cannot risk any contaminants. You understand?
伊凡斯博士 我会处理
I'll take care of it, Dr. Evans.
最后 我要那个肇事的秘书被惩处
And lastly, I would like the secretary responsible held accountable.
我会开除她
I'll have her fired.
正式批评就够了
Well, just a formal reprimand will suffice.
老实说 我很震惊是我手下的秘书偷的
I'm shocked that it was one of my secretaries, honestly.
你说当时东西在胺基酸实验室
You said it was in the aminos lab?
那负责人是玛莉安罗杰斯
So that's Mary Ann Rogers.
不
No.
她叫伊莉莎白佐特
Her name was Elizabeth Zott.
她不是秘书 她是实验室技师
She's not a secretary. She's a lab tech.
佐特小姐真不懂事 亏她还有硕士学位
Miss Zott should know better. She has her master's.
硕士学位 在什么领域 - 化学
Her master's? In what? - Chemistry.
今年你会参与哈斯汀小姐选美比赛吗
Will you be joining us for the Little Miss Hastings Pageant this year?
因为全公♥司♥若看见你出席会士气大振
'Cause it would mean a lot to company morale to see you there.
(伊莉莎白佐特 胺基酸小姐)
(哈斯汀小姐 年度最佳女郎选美比赛)
伊凡斯 没想到你会来这里
Evans? Did not expect to see you here.
是啊 - 就像看见哈雷彗星
Right. - It's like seeing Halley's Comet.
来跟我和同事们喝一杯 好吗
Come have a drink with me and the fellas, huh?
否则没人会相信我
Or no one will believe me.
你要喝什么 - 氰化物或黄曲毒素
What's your poison? - Cyanide or aflatoxin.
你真搞笑
You're too much, huh?
伙计们 跟这位打个招呼
Boys, say hi to the guy right here.
他是神人 传奇 - 我是安东尼鲍尔斯 嗨
The man, the myth, the legend. - Anthony Powers. Hi.
我猜你就是兰森基金会的经费得主
Mr. Remsen himself, I guess, huh?
你目前在研究什么
What are you working on right now?
伊莉莎白 嗨 你来了
Elizabeth. Hi. There you are.
跟我来 跟我们这群选美佳丽站在一起
Come follow me. Come stand with us pageant girls.
你看起来好美 - 谢谢
You look great. - Thank you.
今天我打扮了好久
It took me forever to get ready today.
姑娘们 伊莉莎白来了 - 你好
Girls, Elizabeth's here. - Hello.
我马上回来 瑞典肉丸快没了
I'll be right back. The Swedish meatballs are running a bit low.
它们很受欢迎
They're a real hit.
法兰表现得真棒
Fran did such a great job.
太棒了
So great.
我喜欢你的香水 是什么香味
I love your scent. What is that?
黑醋栗加玫瑰花香
Black currant berries with floral tones of roses.
我走经典路线 我擦香奈儿五号♥
I'm a classic kind of girl. Chanel No. 5.
伊莉莎白 你擦什么香水
Elizabeth, what scent do you wear?
我不擦香水的 在实验室 嗅觉让你侦测出可能的危险
I don't. In the lab, your sense of smell alerts you to potential dangers.
何况我的嗅觉已经受损了 因为发生盐酸意外
And I'm already at a deficit due to a hydrochloric acid accident
当时我还是本科生
when I was an undergrad.
我烧掉了大部分的鼻腔纤毛
I singed most of the cilia in my nostrils,
但幸好它们过了一段时间就重新长出来
but thankfully they restored themselves over time.
所以我不会再冒险了
So I'm not taking any more chances.
凯文伊凡斯来了
Calvin Evans is here.
你暗恋他 对吧
You're sweet on him, aren't you?
他聪明 有钱又有名 谁不喜欢他
Smart, well-to-do, famous. What's not to like?
去跟他聊天看看
Try talking to him.
我再喝两杯就会去要求他投我一票
Well, two more of these, and I'm going to ask him to vote for me.
失陪了
Excuse me.
我要站在你旁边
I'm just gonna stand here with you.
好的
All right.
你不应该让其他的化学家总这样欺负你
You shouldn't let the other chemists pick on you so much.
那些家伙就是这样
It's just fellas being fellas.
雄性灵长类行为
Male primate behavior.
各位请坐...
Please, everyone, take your seats. Take your seats.
选美佳丽们 请去后台
Pageant contestants, can I get you backstage?
谢谢
Thank you.
欢迎 我是法兰佛拉斯克
Welcome. I'm Fran Frask...
佐特小姐 我想... - 我是人事部代理主任
Miss Zott, I have wanted to-- - ...acting head of Personnel.
我非常兴奋能欢迎大家
And I couldn't be more excited to welcome you
莅临第八届年度哈斯汀小姐选美比赛
to the eighth annual Little Miss Hastings Pageant,
剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表