剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表
I'll explain it to you.
月经是血液从子♥宫♥内膜排出的过程
It is the process where blood discharges from the lining of the uterus
周期为一个朔望月
in intervals of one lunar month,
发生在青春期到更年期之间 怀孕期间除外
from puberty to menopause, except during pregnancy.
我今天下午同电视网老总同了电♥话♥ 把这些内容告诉了他
I had a call with the head of our network this afternoon and relayed that to him.
他赞同我的观点
And he agreed with me.
她对肯尼思说了“子♥宫♥”这个词
She said the word "uterus" to Kenneth?
...一个能令我们自豪的搭档 但这不是我致电的唯一目的
...a partner we can be proud of. But that was not the sole purpose of my call.
我要离开《6点晚餐》
I am leaving Supper At Six.
你知道这事吗 我们之前不是这么说的
Did you know about this? This is not what we discussed.
我会退出电视直播
I will be stepping down on live TV.
作为一个对电视有深入研究的人
And as someone who has studied television exhaustively,
我预测接下来几周的收视率会上涨
I predict an uptick in viewership for the next few weeks.
主持这个节目是我一生中最激动人心的事
Hosting this show has been the thrill of a lifetime.
我为此感谢每一位观众
And I have every single one of you to thank for that.
我们的出发点是为了做成一件重要的事 我觉得我们成功了
We set out to do something that matters, and I believe that we did.
还有 肯尼思
And, Kenneth,
我做这一切的前提是节目必须改革
I will be doing all of this under the condition that changes will be made.
肯尼思 我如果知道你要来
Kenneth. If I knew you were coming,
就会拿好酒出来的
I would have broken out the good stuff.
你被开除了
You're fired.
这节目由你负责
The show is yours.
每天晚上 我要求孩子们 给大家一点属于自己的时间
Every night, I ask your children to give you a moment to yourself
我觉得我该拥有一点自己的时间了
and, well, I think it's time that I did just that.
现在是时候让我反思 重整 并想清楚下一步该做什么了
It is time for me to reflect, regroup and figure out what is next.
大家一定在想 下一个《6点晚餐》的主持人是谁
I bet you're wondering who the next host of Supper At Six will be.
会是观众中的一员
Well, it will be one of you.
我知道这听起来可能很吓人
Now, I know that that might sound scary.
但请记住 勇气是变革的根基
But remember, courage is the root of change.
而从化学角度讲 我们的存在就是为了改变
And change is what we are chemically designed for.
我不会要求大家努力提高自己的地位
I will not ask you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps
因为很多女人根本就没有努力的条件
because many women do not have bootstraps to pull themself up by.
如果你的生活和我有一点相似
If your life has been anything like mine,
那么梦想是不会直接实现的
your dreams will not come to you in a linear fashion.
但如果你觉得自己有声音没有被听到
But if you have a voice you feel is not being heard,
我们愿意听听你的说法
we would love to meet you.
我说完了 我们来讨论糖浆火腿吧
And with that, let's discuss glazed ham.
我今晚能邀你吃晚餐吗
Can I take you to dinner tonight?
你想讨论重组...
You wanna discuss the reshuffling...
是讨论我对你的感觉
To discuss my feelings for you.
什么 好
What? Yes.
我非常愿意
I would very much like that.
我6点45来接你
I'll pick you up at 6:45.
我对耽搁表示歉意
Sorry for the delay.
萨默斯议员一到场 我们就开始
As soon as Councilman Sommers joins us, we will begin.
谢谢你前来与会 议员
Thank you for joining us, Councilman.
现在正式开始
We're now on the record.
州际高速公路系统是这个国的未来
The interstate highway system is the future of this nation
在经济 发展和国防方面都是如此
for the economy, for growth and for national defense,
希望永远不会用于国防
should that ever be necessary.
我要感谢双方在过去的八年里
I'd like to thank both parties for arguing so vociferously
如此激烈 热情地争论
and passionately over the past eight years.
进度已经停止够久的了
Progress has been halted long enough.
那么在加州州际高速公路系统
So, in the matter of the California interstate highway system
诉西亚当斯暨糖丘委员会案中
versus the West Adams/Sugar Hill committee,
反对高速路穿过 西亚当斯暨糖丘社区的请举手
all those opposed to routing the highway through West Adams/Sugar Hill?
赞同的请举手
All in favor?
动议通过
The motion is passed.
我试着打电♥话♥了 非常遗憾 我能做些什么
I tried calling. I'm so sorry. What can I do?
七年啊
Seven years.
我只想一边吃布朗尼蛋糕一边哭
I just wanna eat brownies and cry.
这我能帮忙
I can help with that.
我带了啤酒
Brought beer.
啤酒也不错
Beer could be good too.
来
Come here.
两划后 由四分之三速变成全速前进
Three-quarter going into full pressure in two.
一划
That's one.
两划
That's two.
全速前进
Full pressure.
这是凯文来散心的地方
This is the place where Calvin came to quiet his mind.
我想跟你分享 我们的初吻就发生在那里
I wanted to share it with you. We had our first kiss right over there.
谢谢你带上我
Thank you for bringing me.
看着玛德好奇的大眼睛
Seeing Mad with those giant, inquisitive eyes
我仿佛看到了他的影子
made me feel like I was seeing a piece of him.
她很聪明吧
She's smart, huh?
聪明得吓人
Terrifyingly.
我那晚看了你的节目 你退出了
I caught your show the other night. You quit.
是 我想回去搞科研
I did. I want to get back to science.
你知道 我有一个基金会
You know, I have a foundation specifically geared
专门资助科学家工作
toward funding the work of scientists.
我知道
I am aware.
你的基金面向“先生” 不面向“女士” 更别提“小姐”了
Your application offers a "Mr.", no "Mrs." and certainly not a "Miss."
我会纠正这一点
Well, I'll fix that.
纠正后
And after I do,
无论你想研究什么 我都乐意资助
I'd love to help you with whatever it is you're interested in pursuing.
不过我感觉你不喜欢得到帮助
Though I have the feeling that you don't like help.
不 随着年龄的增长 我发现帮助是一种礼物
No. As I've gotten older, I've found help to be a gift.
(三年后)
大家好 我叫伊莉莎白佐特 欢迎来上化学入门
Hello. My name is Elizabeth Zott, and welcome to Introduction to Chemistry.
请把这个递给旁边或身后的同学
Please pass this to the person next to you or behind you.
在我博士毕业前 请叫我佐特小姐
And it is Miss Zott until I graduate from the PhD program.
生物由原子构成
Living things are made up of atoms.
但大多数情况下 这些原子并非在单独游荡
But, in most cases, those atoms are not floating around individually.
而是通常会和其他原子互动
Instead, they are usually interacting with other atoms.
将分子聚在一起的强键
Both the strong bonds that hold molecules together
和导致临时联♥系♥的弱键
and the weaker bonds that create temporary connections
对生命的存在都是至关重要的
are essential to the very existence of life.
请讲
Yes?
哪些原子相连是随机的吗
Is it random which atoms are connected?
想想你自己的人生
Think of your own life.
你无法预期人生的各个时刻
You can't anticipate the moments.
只有当你回头看的时候 才会发现一切都是相互关联的
It's only when you look backwards that you see how it was all connected.
这和化学有什么关系
What does this have to do with chemistry?
息息相关
Everything.
在化学反应中 唯一不变的变量是变化
The only constant variable in a chemical reaction is change.
是意外
The unexpected.
我们在这里的任务不是避免意外
Our job here is not to avoid surprise.
我们无法控制它
We can't control it.
所以只剩下一件事可做了
So there's only one thing left to do.
投降
Surrender.
听好 我们不必接受坏事
Now, we don't have to accept the bad things,
但我们必须接受 改变是不可避免的这一事实
but we do have to accept the inevitability of change.
我们自己会变 环境也会变
Both in ourselves and our circumstances.
查尔斯狄更斯
Charles Dickens.
他并非以科学著作出名
Not exactly known for his work in the sciences.
但我认识的最伟大的科学家
But the greatest scientist that I have ever known
一直把他的书放在床头
kept this book on his bedside.
他说这令他成为了更优秀的化学家
He said it made him a better chemist.
我当时一笑了之
I laughed it off at the time
因为我觉得这么说很荒唐
because I found it to be an absurd thing to say,
相信大家现在也这么想
which I'm sure you do now.
然而我最终妥协了...
However, I eventually relented and...
这一页是他折了角的
and this is the page that he had dog-eared.
“我对这一天记忆犹新 因为它给我带来了巨变
"That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me.
但任何人都有这样的一天
But, it is the same with any life.
想象一下 删除一生中的某一天
Imagine one selected day struck out of it,
会对人生轨迹产生怎样的影响”
and think how different its course would have been."
(退还寄信人)
“读者请暂停一下
"Pause, you who read this,
把人生想象成长长的铁链或金链
and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold,
荆棘或花朵
of thorns or flowers...
它原本永远不会拴住你
剧集 | 化学课(2023) | 导航列表