of his bed? Yeah.
? 伯利恒小镇 ?
# 0 little town of Bethlehem
? 你静静躺在 ?
# How still we see thee thy... #
有人在那吗?
Is somebody there?
有人吗?
Hello?
是我啦!在想你要不要加入我们
Only me! Just wondered
if you might like to join us
一起来喝点雪莉酒?
for a little tot of Bristol Cream,
eh?
圣诞之夜
Christmas Eve.
一年之中最神奇的夜晚
The most magical night of the year.
- 我小时候很喜欢
- 你现在也压根没长大!
I used to love it when was a kid.
You still are a bloody kid!
你们有小孩吗?
Do you have any children?
没
No.
我们没有
No, we don't.
不过 我们还是相信有圣诞老人 对吧
Still, um...believe in Santa
though, don't we?
知道吗 这座教堂和圣尼古拉斯间
有一个独特的联♥系♥
Well, you know, this church
has a unique link to St Nicholas,
才有那样一个摆设
hence the display.
你们想听听吗?
确实是个鬼故事哦
Would you like to hear it?
It does involve a ghost.
这才像话嘛
Oh, now you're talking.
嘿 博士 来这边一起!
Hey, Doc, pull up a pew!
还是算了
如果你们不介意的话
I'd rather not,
if it's all the same to you.
噢来嘛 平安夜听鬼故事 正合适
Oh, come on! A ghost story
for Christmas!? It's perfect.
我不信有鬼
I don't believe in ghosts,
也对编造的鬼故事没兴趣
and I've no interest in
made-up narratives about them.
博士 我向你保证
我要叙述的故事
I assure you, Doctor,
the events I'm about to recount
可不是编的 我可知道…
are not made up. I know that...
确有其事
...for certain.
如何?
Well?
看起来我好像没得选啊?
Seems like I don't have much choice,
do I?!
谢谢
Thank you.
圣尼古拉斯的遗体
和其他圣人一样
The body of St Nicholas,
like all the great saints,
被用来制♥作♥圣髑
was harvested for reliquaries
and devotionals.
对不起 我已经不知道你在说啥了
Sorry, you've lost me already.
圣髑是指圣人的遗骨或部分遗体
Relics are the bones or body parts
of venerated individuals,
通常是被盗墓得到
在全世界转卖♥♥
often stolen from tombs
and sold all around the world.
- 曾经是很大的市场
- 现在也是
They used to be a big business.
They still are.
如果我告诉你
What would you say
if I were to tell you
圣尼古拉斯的颌骨
that the jawbone of St Nicholas
就藏在这栋建筑里?
is hidden in this very building?
是吗?
Is it?
我可以说还没被找到
I can tell you that
it has not yet been found,
但我有理由相信它就藏在这里某处
but I have reason to believe
that it resides here...somewhere.
为什么这么说?
And why do you believe that?
因为我亲眼所见
Because of what I saw
with my own eyes,
五年前的平安夜
five years ago on Christmas Eve.
要来了
Here we go.
快抓住我手 皮尔斯
Hold my hand, Pierce.
我熄灭了最后一根蜡烛
正准备离开
I'd extinguished the last of
the candles, and I was leaving
仅靠手♥机♥屏幕
照亮出去的路
with just the light from my
phone screen to see me out.
为什么你不开闪光灯?
Why didn't you turn your torch on?
我不知道有这个功能
I didn't know it had one.
继续
Carry on.
我就站在那个讲台上
I was standing over there
by the pulpit,
听到圣诞树发出响动
and I heard a noise
by the Christmas tree.
我想
“可得小心点
I genuinely thought,
"I’ve really got to be careful here
别把什么人锁在教堂里了
"because I might end up
locking someone up in the church
可能会冻死人的”
"and they might freeze to death."
我清洁的学校里就出过这种事
We had that in the school
where I clean.
一个流浪汉
住在体育馆器械室里
A homeless man was living in
the gym equipment cupboard,
睡在健力跳箱里面
sleeping in the vaulting box.
警长不得不用KFC的无骨鸡
才把他引诱出来
The deputy head had to coax him out
with a boneless banquet from KFC,
然后萨莉军的人来找他了
and the Sally Army came for him.
你讲完了没?
Have you quite finished?
不好意思
Sorry.
我走到圣诞树边…
I walked over
to the Christmas tree...
…就在那时我看到了…
...and that's when I saw him...
…他从圣诞树枝桠间往外看
...peeping out
from behind the branches.
一个穿着暗红色斗篷的身影
A figure in a dark red cloak.
他低着头
His head bowed.
我屏息凝神…
I kept perfectly still...
…但完全没有预料到我将看到的
...but I wasn't expecting what I saw.
他缓缓抬起头来
His head slowly lifted...up.
显得那么的…
It was so...
…悲伤
...sad.
一位老人 眼神和善
An old man, with kind eyes,
但背后是如此的痛楚
but such pain behind them.
但在这含情恳切的脸庞下…
And below this tender,
imploring face...
…却没有下颚
...there was no bottom jaw.
只有一条黑色下垂的舌头
Just a black lolling tongue,
向下吊着
dangling down into the space below.
呻♥吟♥着 咔哒作响
It moaned and clacked,
然后他向我走来
then it started to come towards me.
就在那时我夺门而逃
That's when I ran.
疯狂逃跑到家
I ran and ran
and didn't stop till I got home,
把背后的门锁上了
and I locked the door behind me.
第二天 圣诞节
The next day, Christmas Day...
…当我回来这里时…
...when I came back...
…这有一些脚印
...there were footprints.
黑的 脏兮兮的…
Black, filthy...
…脚印遍布教堂
...footprints all around the church.
我相信是他未安息的灵魂
游荡在这周围
I believe that his restless spirit
roams around this site,
希望能重新完整
longing to be whole again,
最终获得安息
and finally be at peace.
好了 我该走了
Right, I'd better be off.
太精彩了 这肯定把你吓出屎了
是吧博士
That was brilliant! I bet that
shit you up, didn't it, Doc?!
- 现在你相信有鬼了?
- 当然不是
Now do you believe in ghosts?
Of course not.
人类是找寻规律的生物
We are pattern-finding creatures,
我们用看似荒唐的故事
来合理化我们不理解的东西
and we rationalise what we don't
understand with ridiculous stories.
现在如果你们不介意的话
Now if you don't mind,
接下来我想自己待着
I'd like to spend the rest
of the evening in my own company.
那瓶酒免费提供吗?
Is that sherry free?
你还好吧 婆?
还好
You all right, Po?
Yeah.
你在想佩斯利吗?
Are you thinking about Paisley?