I don't mean right now,
我不是说现在就确立关系
I just need to know if it's possible.
我只是想知道是否有这可能
Hi. It was raining all week on Fire Island,
你们好 火岛这一周天天下雨
so I'm back.
所以我就回来了
I'm such an idiot. Alex, wait.
我真是太蠢了 亚历克斯 等等
Alex.
亚历克斯
I'm throwing away a perfectly good toy with a cracked helmet.
就因为头盔破掉 我把一件很棒的玩具扔了
My fantasy life is great
我幻想中的生活很完美
but it's time to see what reality is like to live in.
但是时候认清现实了
I'm glad you came back. Who is that?
你能回来真是太好了 他是谁
Look, I didn't know the right time to mention it, but...
我不知道应该什么时候向你提起他
You have a boyfriend.
你有男朋友
No, no, we used to be boyfriends but we're just roommates.
不不不 曾经是一对 现在只是室友
Why do you still live together?
为什么你们还要住一起
We both love the apartment
我们都很喜欢这公♥寓♥
and neither of us can afford to live here alone.
而且一个人付不起房♥租
Why wouldn't you just tell me that?
那你为什么不告诉我呢
Well, because I'm 38.
因为我已经三十八岁了
What does that have to do with anything?
有关系吗
I'm not where I thought I would be by this age.
我没想到这个年纪会过这样的生活
Not even close.
完全没料到
You have this image of me.
你也看出来了
You gave me that image.
是你自己表现得这样
Don't mind me.
不用管我
I just wanna date a grown-up.
我只是想和一个成熟男人谈一场
Do you wanna be a grown-up?
你想变成熟吗
I don't know.
我也不知道
It felt like a good time to try.
是时候试试了
I'm getting older but my dreams are getting farther away.
年龄越来越大 可梦想却越来越远
I think being a grown-up
我觉得要成熟起来
means letting your dreams guide you,
就要让梦想领航
but still being able to deal with reality.
但还要能应对现实
I'm living my dream.
我在为梦想努力
But reality is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
但现实却远比想象的更残酷
Don't tell me that.
别跟我说这个
Oh God, no wonder Morgan didn't want to publish that piece.
天呐 难怪摩根不肯发那篇文章
Who's Morgan?
摩根是谁
An editor.
一位编辑
I tried telling the truth in a piece of writing
我在一篇文章里想要讲真话
and she hated it.
她却很讨厌这样
It's hard to know when to tell the truth and when not to.
很难分辨何时该说真话 何时不该说
I've been having a lot of sex since I've been single
自从我单身后 我约了无数的炮
and I write a very popular sex blog.
还写了很热门的性事博客
Really? Can I read it?
真的吗 我能拜读下吗
Yes, but you're in it.
可以 但也提到了你
Am I? Yeah.
有我呀 嗯
I call you King Kong.
我给你起名叫"金刚"
Do you make me look good? Yeah.
把我描写得帅吗 挺帅
You're my fantasy man.
你就是我的梦中男神
Well, if I disappoint you in real life,
如果在现实中我让你失望了
you can always keep writing the fantasy version of me.
你还是可以继续写你梦中那个完美的我
No, I want to get to know you,
不 我想了解你
the real life you.
真实的你
And what happens when you find out stuff you don't like?
如果我有你不喜欢的缺点怎么办
Hold my hand as I learn to accept reality?
那你就握住我的手 让我学着接受现实
I can do that.
可以啊
And you keep telling the truth.
你继续说真话
I think you're Mr. Ponzu.
我觉得你是彭祖先生
That's a compliment, right?
夸我呢是吧
Yeah, a big one.
夸你呢
Do you want to make dinner or head to the bedroom?
你是想先做晚饭呢 还是直接去卧室
Can we do both? Yes.
能同时做吗 能
Good.
好
This is me.
这就是我
Honest and flawed.
诚实的我 不完美的我
And this was a whole new thing.
而这是一段全新的旅程