So much she did not say.
这我知道
I know this.
维尔
Weir!
维尔 起来
Weir, get up.
我带你去找女人
We're going to get you a woman.
晚上好 夫人
Bonsoir, madame.
我想回家了 维斯福德
I want to go home, Wraysford...
我好不容易载你过来
It's a long bloody walk.
夫人 我朋友有点紧张
你有女儿吗 夫人
瞧 她有个女儿
See? She has a daughter.
你需要避孕套吗
D'you need a French letter?
先生
Monsieur.
第一次难免快进快出 伙计
It'll always be a little quick the first time, mate.
一点都不好笑
It's not funny.
是你自己想来猎奇
This is your expedition.
你来收尾
You finish it.
求你了
伊莎贝拉
Isabelle!
这场战争对谁都不易
乌尚利维 前线指挥总部
你终于来了 格雷
Ah, there you are, Gray.
我军要沿那条战线一路打到
We'll be attacking along that line there
索姆河边的博蒙特-汉美尔
towards Beaumont Hamel by the Somme.
我军隧♥道♥工要沿线一路布下地雷
Our tunnellers are going to lay mines all along there.
他们会把那座山岭炸出个大洞
They're going to blow a bloody great hole in that ridge.
你的兵准备就绪了吗
Your men ready for it?
我觉得没问题了
Oh, I should think so.
维斯福德
Wraysford?
他对索姆河了如指掌
Our Somme expert.
你熟悉那边的地形吗
You know the terrain?
是的 长官
Yes, sir, I do.
我战前在亚眠生活过
I lived in Amiens before the war.
这是维斯福德中尉 长官
Lieutenant Wraysford, sir.
沿岸一带多沼泽 长官
It's marshy all along the banks of the river, sir,
河岸一侧与蒂耶普瓦尔岭相接
rising up to Thiepval on the one side
另一侧则延伸向山楂岭
and to Hawthorn Ridge on the other.
我部要进行第一波进攻吗
We'll be in the first wave of attack?
没错
Oh, yes, yes.
拂晓行动 重新整编 正午稍作休整
Over at dawn, re-group, take a breather by midday.
就我个人而言 我还想那天晚上
Personally, I expect to be eating my dinner
在巴波姆拿着兵团的银餐具享用晚餐呢
off the regimental silver in Bapaume by the end of the day.
我军将是向上坡进攻 长官
We'll be attacking uphill, sir.
我估计德军的防守会很坚固
And I imagine the German defences will be good.
他们已经在那里驻扎了很久
They've been there a long time.
他们的机关枪已全面架设完毕
And their machine guns are well dug in.
到时候地面会被炮火炸得面目全非
The ground will be churned up by the shellfire,
而我军士兵在到达德军的铁丝网前
and the men will have to walk on the approach
不得不步行前进
before they even reach the German wires.
-维斯福德中尉 -那片区域没有掩护
- Lieutenant Wraysford... - The area has no cover.
我军士兵会完全暴露在敌人火力之下...
The men will be completely exposed and the...
我军轰炸机会炸烂德军的每一寸铁丝网
Our bombardment will blow every bit of the German wire
炸得片甲不留
from here to Dar es Salaam.
如果到时有德国佬能幸免于难
If there's any Boche left alive after that
他们会如获大赦
they'll be so bloody relieved
高举双手出来投降
they'll come out with their hands up.
你上哪找了这么个胆小鬼 格雷
Where did you find this faint heart, Gray?
我知道你们中有许多人
I know many of you
在得知我军要进攻的消息后会倍感欣慰
will be relieved that we are going to attack,
因为这就是你们参军的目的
because that is what you have come for.
轰炸将于明日结束
The bombardment stops tomorrow
你们接着展开进攻
and you will attack.
你们要把敌军杀得一败涂地
You are going to inflict such a defeat upon the enemy
让他们没有翻身的余地
he will never recover.
敌军的铁丝网已被切断
His wire is cut,
防空壕已被摧毁
his dugouts obliterated.
遍地布满了地雷
'Mines are being laid
足以将德国鬼子炸上天
that will blow the Hun sky-high.'
明天
Tomorrow...
你们必须力争胜利
you must strive to win...
为了你们的家庭
for your families...
你们的国王
for your King...
还有你们的祖国
and for your country.
愿上帝保佑你们
May God bless you all.
钢丝钳 长官
Wire cutters, sir.
给
There you go.
快拿好
Go on.
他们给咱们发了钢丝钳
They've given us wire cutters.
如果铁丝网已经切断了
If the wire's been cut,
那还发钢丝钳干嘛 长官
why have they given us wire cutters, sir?
有传言说 一旦...
There's a rumour that as soon as...
只是传言而已 拜恩 传言而已
Just rumour, Byrne, just rumour.
带上以防万一
Take them just in case.
你了解那些德国佬 我们一把铁丝网切断
You know these Fritz, they try to repair the wire
他们就会跟着修补
as soon as we cut it.
继续往前走
Keep it moving.
长官
Sir...
长官 士兵们准备就绪了
Sir, the men are ready,
但他们有些人担心铁丝网还没被切断
but some of them are concerned that the wire hasn't been cut.
我已经向他们保证 从这里到...
I've reassured them it has been from here to...
我一整天都在那条战线上穿梭
I've been up and down the line all day
根本没有炸过的痕迹
and there's no shell damage at all.
老天
Christ.
他们轰炸的时候离铁丝网远远的 碰都没碰
They've gone off behind the bloody wire, barely grazed it.
铁丝网根本就没被切断
The bloody wire's not cut.
他们搞砸了
Staff cock-up.
让你的兵做好心理准备
Prepare your men.
如果我今天死在这里
And if I die here today,
就由你来接管这个连队 听到没有
you take charge of the company, do you hear?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
维斯福德 轰炸七点半结束
Wraysford, the bombardment stops at 7:30,
接着我们进攻
then we attack.
把这话传下去 再传些酒给大家喝
Pass it down, along with some rum.
你们要以步行速度在火力网后方行进
You will advance at a walking pace behind the barrage.
炮兵部队会给你们火力掩护
The artillery will lay down protective fire in front of you.
若心生犹豫 便勇往直前
When in doubt, you go forward.
若心生犹豫 便勇往直前
When in doubt, you go forward.
长官 空气像是凝固了
Sir, the air's like solid metal.
不要停下脚步
You do not stop.
两眼紧盯敌军战线
You keep your eyes on the enemy line.
山楂岭
Hawthorne Ridge?
爆♥炸♥早了十分钟
It's ten minutes too early.
这会泄露我们的进攻
That'll warn them we're going to attack.
先别动
Not yet!
前进
Forward!
继续前进 就是这样 伙计们
Keep going. That's it, lads.
接着走
Go on.
前进
Forward!
"简单说几句回复你的来信
"Just a few lines in answer to your letter,
昨天刚收到
which I received yesterday.
别担心 我对未来毫不恐惧
Don't worry, I'm not frightened of what's waiting for me.
我们马上要发起进攻
We are going to attack
等不及让德国佬尝尝苦头了"
and we can't wait to let Fritz have it."
"我爱你 格洛丽亚
"I love you, Gloria.
永不变心 至死不渝
Always have. Always will.
明天就会知道我们以后能否再见了"
And tomorrow we'll know if we'll see each other again."
保持阵型 兄弟们 保持阵型
Keep the line, man, keep the line!
我们能行吗
Can we do this?
保持阵型
Hold the line.
-长官 -保持住他妈的阵型
- Sir? - Hold the fucking line!
开火
Firing!
"我们明天就要发起进攻了
"We are going to attack tomorrow.
一切都非常顺利 玛丽
Everything is absolutely thumbs up, Mary.