you give the Boche what for.
然后马上就能回来 还赶得上下午茶"
And we'll have you back in no time, home for tea."
他们就他妈的不说 你们去了前线
Only they don't bloody tell you you'll have to leave your lungs,
五脏六腑什么的 就拿不回来了
your heart, your spleen behind on the front line.
那是给德国佬拿回家作纪念的
That's some bloody souvenir Fritz is taking home!
-这都是为了啥呢 -你喝多了 杰克
- What's it all bloody for, eh? - You've had enough, Jack.
到底是为了啥啊
What's it all bloody for, eh?
来 我们扶你出去 法尔布瑞斯
Come on, let's get you out, Firebrace.
不 我们为那些被遗忘的人干杯吧
No... Let's raise a glass to all those who are already forgotten.
敬阿米蒂奇 特纳 道格拉斯
To Armitage, Turner, Douglas...
走吧 法尔布瑞斯
Come on, Firebrace.
所有死了的人 还有我儿子
Everyone who died... and my boy.
我可爱的好儿子
My beautiful... my beautiful boy.
慢点
Easy...
法尔布瑞斯 拿着
Here, Firebrace, take that.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
我用袖子就可以了
But my sleeve's good enough.
法尔布瑞斯 我听说你儿子...我...
Firebrace, I heard... Your boy. I'm...
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
他画你画得真像 杰克
He's caught you well, Jack.
能给我吗
Can I keep it?
-我妻子会喜欢的 -可以
- My wife, she'd like it. - Yes.
当然可以 法尔布瑞斯
Of course, Firebrace.
-谢谢 -睡一觉就好了
- Thank you. - Sleep it off.
走吧
Come on!
走啦 我们走啦
Allez, on y va!
-小心点 宝贝儿 -走啦 走啦
- Watch your step, love. - Allez, allez, allez!
-手上的伤怎么弄的 -不小心凿到了
- What are these cuts on your hand? - The wrong chisel.
要小心一点
You should be more careful.
他每周挣六法郎
Six francs a week,
整天做桌腿和橱柜
and all day he's making table legs and sideboards.
格列瓦随我的裙子附了张字条
Gregoire put in a note, with my dresses.
亲爱的母亲
Dear Mother,
我身体很好 但我们很想你
I am in good health, but we miss you.
你不在 生活都不一样了
It's not the same without you.
希望你快回来
I hope you will come back soon.
真乖
So sweet.
别想太多了 只是写信的客套话
Do not torment yourself, it's only a letter.
写信的客套话
It's only a letter?
史蒂芬不理解家人
Stephen doesn't understand family...
家人的重要
The importance of family.
因为 他没有家人
And that's because... he has none.
-不过他绝不会提这事 -伊莎贝拉
- Though he will never talk of it. - Isabelle...
-他不认同要孩子 -我没有这么说
- He doesn't believe in children. - Not what I said.
不愿意养孩子
In having children...
我不认同的是把孩子带到世上...
I do not believe in bringing children into a world...
怎么了
What?
却不能保证他们不受伤害 永远陪伴他们
Without the promise of keeping them safe, of being a constant.
并非人人都会成为孤儿 史蒂芬
Not everyone is left an orphan, Stephen.
这话说过头了
你不用帮忙
You don't need to do that.
这又不难
It's easy enough.
她跟着我很快乐 对吧 让娜
I do make her happy, don't I, Jeanne?
你都不知道她多开心
More than you know.
你是个好人 史蒂芬
You're a good man, Stephen.
非常好的人
A good, good man.
我们的最后一个杯子坏了
There goes our last cup.
拿来 我能修好
谢谢
Merci.
过来
Come here.
这一吻是为我们初次见面
This for the first time we met.
这一吻是为我们上次亲吻
This for the last time we kissed.
这一吻是为我们下次相聚
This for the next time we meet.
伊莎贝拉
Isabelle!
伊莎贝拉
Isabelle!!
史蒂芬
Stephen?
让娜
Jeanne.
这房♥子
The house...
那
Is...
伊莎贝拉她...
Isabelle is she...?
她还活着
She is alive, yes.
她在这里吗
She's here?
在亚眠吗
In Amiens?
她愿意见我吗
Will she see me?
史蒂芬
Stephen...
我们明早要上前线
They move us to the front line tomorrow.
然后战线就开始全面推进了
It's the start of a big push forward.
我不知道什么时候回来 所以...
I don't know when I'll return, so...
求你了
Please?
伊莎贝拉准备好了
Isabelle is ready.
这房♥子去年八月被一颗炮弹击中
The house was hit by a shell last August.
幸运的是孩子们都不在
Fortunately, the children were away.
格列瓦t正在上学 离这儿几英里
Gregoire is now at school, a few miles from here,
莉赛特在做家庭教师
and Lisette has been working as a governess
就在鲁昂郊外的一个家庭
in a family just outside of Rouen.
去吧
Please.
说点什么吧
Say something.
让娜没说我受伤了吗
Jeanne didn't warn you I was injured?
没
No.
我们觉得把孩子送走比较安全
We thought it safer to send the children away.
爆♥炸♥的时候
Only I was there,
只有我在这里
when the shell hit the house.
德国人占领这里后 雷内被抓走了
As soon the Germans occupied, Rene was... taken away.
他肯定活不成
We believe he's dead.
那么说你回到他身边了
So you returned to him.
刚开始没有
Not at first.
不过后来...
But over time...
那是很难的 史蒂芬
It wasn't easy, Stephen.
那个决定对我也很艰难
It wasn't an easy decision to make.
你要相信我
You must believe that.
让娜对我很好
She's been so good to me, Jeanne.
她一直陪伴着我 自从...
She hasn't left my side since...
你知道你给了我怎样的伤害吗
Do you know what you did to me?
-史蒂芬 -你一走了之
- Stephen... - You just left.
-为什么 -我没法...
- Why? - I cannot...
我没法...
I cannot...
为什么
Why?
你不该回来
You should not have come back.
你 你...
You-you...
为什么
Why?!
说你不再爱我了
Say that you do not love me any more.
总有一天你会知道我那样做的原因
One day you'll understand why I did what I did.
那样是最好的
That it was for the best.
对谁好
For-for whom?
对谁好
For whom?
你是我唯一爱过的女人
You are the only woman that I have ever loved.
你当时太年轻
You were a boy.
那现在呢
What am I now?
伊莎贝拉
Isabelle...
让娜
Jeanne...
让娜 让娜
Jeanne, Jeanne!
来了
Je suis la.
史蒂芬
Stephen!
对不起
I'm sorry.
我很傻吧 让娜
Am I a fool, Jeanne?
-我很傻吧 -不
-Am I a fool?! - No.
你不傻
You are not.
她并不坚强 你能看出来 史蒂芬
She is not strong, you can see that, Stephen.
这对她有好处 真的
It will have helped her, really.
你要知道你的到来对她有多重要
You have to know how much your visit means to her.
她有很多苦衷 没有告诉你
There is so much in her heart that she has not told you.
全都埋在心里