遵命 维尔上尉
Yes, Captain Weir.
一小时后就该我站岗了 长官
I'm on sentry duty in an hour, sir.
-隧♥道♥工不用站岗 -人手不够
- tunnellers don't do duty. - They're short of men.
法尔布瑞斯 你顶他
Firebrace, take his watch.
遵命 上尉
Yes, Captain.
一定是水位过高导致的 是下雨的关系
Water table must be too high. It's all the rain.
那你损失了多少人
So, how many men did you lose?
一个
One.
特纳
Turner.
你去找格雷吧 是他下的令
You talk to Gray. It was his idea.
我会的
I will.
长官
Sir?
是你让我的人跟维尔上尉下地道的吗 长官
Did you order my men down with Captain Weir, sir?
维尔 维尔上尉
Weir? Captain Weir?
是的 他是个工程师 对吧
Yes. He's an engineer, isn't he?
对 但我们是步兵 长官
Yes, and we're infantry, sir.
我们不是挖泥工
We're not claykickers.
挖泥工也很重要
Those claykickers are doing their bit.
等他们从下面
You'll find you'll like them
把德国佬炸上天 你就会喜欢他们了
when they blow Fritz sky high from underneath.
-我的人差点淹死 -是的 我知道
- My men nearly drowned. - Yes, I know.
地下水面抬升了 很不幸 我们无能为力
Water table's up. There's nothing we can do, unfortunately.
长官 我们是步兵
Sir, we are infantry.
我们不该从事地下作业
We do not go underground.
维斯福德 他们是在德国佬的战壕下面布雷
Wraysford, they are laying mines under Fritz's trenches.
如果德国佬听到地下动静
If the Boche hear them,
就会往下挖 冲进地道
they will dig down and break through.
他们需要保护
They need protecting.
这话去跟我手下人说吧
Try telling that to my men
他们一天就赚一先令 长官
when they're on a shilling a day, sir.
那你就以身作则 跟他们一起下去
Try leading by example and go down with them.
你害怕了吗 中尉
Are you frightened, Lieutenant?
不 长官
No, sir.
教那些挖道工一些基本战场技能
Refresh those sewer rats in the basics of combat,
我可能会再做考虑
and then maybe I'll reconsider.
他们或许学过怎么举枪
They may have been taught how to hold a rifle,
但德国佬要真冲进我们的地道
but I'm not convinced they'll be able to fire it
只怕他们根本不会开枪
if the Boche break through into our tunnels.
是的 遵命
Yes. Yes.
-谢谢 莱利 -长官
- Thank you, Riley. - Sir.
有小道消息说明天我们可以休息
Rumour has it we'll get some rest tomorrow.
那谁去跟法国人并肩作战呢
Then who will keep the French company?
真不知哪样更糟...
I don't know what's worse ...
在地下受罪 还是上来听敌人狂轰滥炸
being underground, or coming up and being under this.
你得赶快适应
You'd better get used to it.
大炮至少要一周才能安置停当
Big guns take at least a week to dig in.
炮击是不会停止了
They're not going anywhere now.
你不拆开看看吗
Aren't you going to open that?
都放那儿一整天了
It's been lying there all day.
老天啊
Christ!
我妈真是越来越不可理喻了
Mother has surpassed herself.
至少有人给我寄包裹
At least I get post!
尽管是我那可怜的老妈寄来的
If only from my wretched mother.
我都没见你收到过一块巧克力
I've never even seen you get so much as a bar of chocolate.
红十字会还送袜子呢
Even the Red Cross send socks.
你该去找个女人 中尉
You ought to get yourself a sweetheart, Lieutenant.
莱利 拿碗
Riley! Bowl!
我拒绝与罢♥工♥者谈判 除非他们同意使用新式机器
立刻去告诉他们
你迷路了吗 维斯福德先生
Are you lost, Monsieur Wraysford?
不 我...
No, I'm...
是的 我迷路了
Yes, I am.
我刚刚打算左转 但是...
I meant to turn left, but...
是有条捷径
There is a quicker route,
但那样就欣赏不到芬芳的玫瑰了
but then one would miss the roses.
你...
Are you...
适应在这儿的生活吗
settling in well?
非常适应 谢谢
Quite well, thank you.
很遗憾你在如此艰难的时刻到来
Sorry that you're joining us at such a difficult time.
恐怕工厂的情况
I fear the situation at the
短期内只会进一步恶化
factory will grow worse before it is better.
格列瓦真是个好孩子
Gregoire is a fine boy.
是的
Yes.
莉赛特 她也...
And Lisette, she's...
他们是我的继子和继女
They're my stepchildren.
雷内的结发妻子八年前去世了
Rene's first wife died eight years ago.
两年后我们结的婚
We married two years after.
我今天看见你了
I saw you today.
在车站街附近
Near the Rue de la Gare.
那里有家很棒的小餐馆
There's very fine cafe there.
那里我很熟
I know it well.
你是去拜访朋友吗
You were visiting a friend?
朋友 不是的
A friend? No.
我几乎没有朋友
I have very few of those.
听指令 装弹
'On the command, load, '
保险栓拉下 然后打开枪栓
safety catches off, and open the bolt.
我都忘了该怎么举枪了
I've forgotten how you hold it.
像抱你女人那样
Like you hold your sweetheart.
安静
Quiet!
拿上五发子弹的弹夹 上膛
Take the charger clip of five rounds and place it in the breech.
将子弹紧紧装在弹夹里
Push the rounds firmly into the magazine.
拧开枪栓
Open the bolt.
合上枪栓
Close the bolt.
保险栓拉上
Safety catches on.
检查一下保险栓 各位
Check the safety catches, boys.
很好
Good.
枪♥支♥现在已上膛
The weapon is now loaded.
开火
Fire!
差着远呢
Miles away!
我的手指太粗了 都没法扣扳机
My finger's too fat for the trigger.
希望你这手指干别的不碍事 肖先生
Hope you don't have that problem anywhere else, Mr Shaw!
别像在游乐场握玩具枪那样
Don't hold it like you're in a penny arcade.
抵在肩膀下面
Tuck it under your shoulder.
不对 夹在肩膀下面
No, tuck it under.
用力抵住
Tuck it in.
开火
Fire!
好样的
Good man!
很不错
Not bad!
我们的肌肉是整天挖隧♥道♥锻炼出来的
It's all muscle from that hard digging we do
而你们这些小子就知道在上面亲亲我我
while you boys are nancying around upstairs that does it!
-你想换换吗 老兄 -不用了 谢谢
- Anytime you want to swap places, mate? - No, thanks.
至少地下尚算安宁
At least we get some peace down there.
退下子弹
Unload.
停止射击
Close the action,
拉上保险栓
safety catches on,
放下枪
and rest your rifles.
道格拉斯 检查一下射击靶
Douglas, check the targets.
想在隧♥道♥里打德国佬
That's not much cop if that's all we get to practise,
练这么一会儿哪够
shooting at Fritz in the tunnels!
正合我意
Suits me.
我是来挖隧♥道♥的 不是来开枪的
I came to dig, not hold a gun.
你一切都要听我指挥
You'll do what I say if it's needed.
遵命 长官
Sir.
他真是冷酷无情
He is a cold bastard.
他这人确实奇怪
He's a queer one, all right.
他跟我们一样 也希望战争早日结束
He's just trying to get through this war, like the rest of us.
他总比那个娘娘腔强
I'd rather him than Florence back there.
维尔上尉很不错
Captain Weir's all right.
老天啊
Jesus Christ!
德国佬就不能歇歇喝杯茶吗
Don't Fritz ever stop for tea?
没日没夜地狂轰滥炸
Nor for breakfast, nor dinner.