剧集 | 新喋喋人生 | 导航列表
很好看 但你要时刻小心别让它疯长
Lovely plant but you have to read it the riot act occasionally.
她今天下午打电♥话♥来感谢我
She rang this afternoon to thank me.
我都不知道在监狱里可以打电♥话♥
I didn't know you could do that in prison, ring up.
她名叫芙兰
Her name's Fran.
"亲爱的芙兰..."
"Dear Fran..."
我看错亨利了
I've misjudged Henry.
彻头彻尾地错了
Got him quite wrong.
30年的婚姻
30 years of marriage
你以为你已经够了解一个人了 其实不然
and you think you've got somebody all weighed up, but no.
这案子调查期间 他轻了半英石
He's lost half a stone while the case has been going on -
再也没有去过办公室
and never set foot in the office.
我想"没想到你是一个
I thought, "Well, you're a better person
这么好的人"
"than ever I thought you were."
我还和芙兰说"他关心你
I said to Fran, "He's more worried about you
远远多于关心我"
than he's ever been about me."
我去做扫描的那天
I mean, the day I went for my scan,
他去了一个高尔夫锦标赛
he went off to a golf tournament.
作为奖励 我还给玛贝拉买♥♥了小册子
So as a reward I got out the brochures for Marbella
他好像开心点了
and that seemed to cheer him up.
法庭上什么都查出来了
It's all come out in court, though.
原来那家的先生一直把她当狗一般
Turns out that Mr has led her a dog's life.
字面上的意思
Literally.
辩方律师拿出了项圈
The defence produced the collar and lead in evidence.
打她
Beat her.
恐吓她
Terrorised her.
"一场旷日持久的残酷折磨"
"A saga of protracted and imaginative cruelty,"
律师是这么说的
Counsel said.
控方当然对她穷追不舍
The prosecution, of course, goes after her,
说这是某种性♥爱♥游戏
claiming it was all part of some game, sexually speaking,
她就像要这种残酷折磨
and that the cruelty was what she wanted.
但她说如果她是自愿的
But she said if it had been mutual,
他就不感兴趣了
he wouldn't have been interested.
再说了 把自己手臂弄骨折算什么自愿
Anyway, how is it mutual to have your arm broken?
很多可怕的细节
A lot of lurid details...
他有的时候会给她戴上头套
How he sometimes used to put a hood over her head
让她什么都看不到 带人来看
so she couldn't see and bring in other people to watch.
他以为是商业伙伴
Business associates, she thought.
可能是自动售货机界的大人物
Leading lights in the world of vending machines, probably.
亨利说她很幸运 因为那周的利物浦
Henry said she was lucky, because there was another case
正好也有一个案子
going on the same week up in Liverpool,
一个男人杀了一个孩子
a man had up for killing a child,
这分走了她受到的关注
and that pushed her out of the limelight a bit.
当然了 亨利那些所谓的"狂野女权分子"
Of course, what Henry calls the wild and woolly feminist ladies
也都出动了 还在美术馆喊口号♥
were out in force, even shouting from the gallery.
亨利说"在某种程度上来说这不度责任
"To a degree irresponsible," Henry said.
不管怎么样 罗斯玛丽
"However mitigating the circumstances, Rosemary,
她肯定要被判监禁了"
"She has to be looking at a custodial sentence."
当他只给她判了两年时
Then, when he only gave her two years,
治安大队明确对法官提出不满
the judge gets it in the neck from the law and order brigade.
但是 正如希拉·布兰切特所说"要我说
But, as Sheila Blanchard said, "Worth every minute of it,
每一分钟都很值得
"Dear, if you ask me.
在监狱里编几年篮子
"A couple of years basket weaving
出来就能一个人睡觉了
and you get the bed to yourself.
这价格太便宜了
"Cheap at the price.
真希望我也有枪
"I just wish I had a gun.
不过我会打在他的前列腺上"
"As it is, I'm pinning my hopes on his prostate."
现在她被定罪了 我不能经常去看她了
I can't go and see her so often, now she's convicted.
亨利根本不知道我会去
And Henry doesn't know I go at all.
我从来没有过闺蜜
Well, I've never had a best friend,
那种可以无话不谈的朋友
the sort you can tell everything to.
从小时候起就从来没有 自己也从来不是
Never had one, never been one, even when I was a girl.
我不是这种女人吧
Not the type, I suppose.
而且我也没有什么秘密好说的
And no secrets to tell, either.
我没有孩子
And with not having children,
也无法加入妈妈俱乐部
I wasn't a member of that club either.
她在里辛顿监狱 在约克郡的另一边
She's in Rissington, the other side of York.
那个监狱看上去很高级
It's one of these modern places,
看上去像是一个商业公园 或者购物中心
looks like a business park or an out of town shopping centre.
犯罪"铸造"
Crimes "R" Us.
她改造了监狱里的花♥园♥
She's transformed the prison garden,
那本来是一块实用的菜园
which used to be very utilitarian,
都种一些卷心菜和身材什么的
cabbages, lettuces and whatnot.
现在她让他们开始搞间植
Only now she's got them to do some interplanting,
弄得像是一个正经菜园
even make ita bit of a potager,
虽然那不可能变成西辛赫斯特
and while it's never going to be Sissinghurst...
那里风太大了
The site's too windy.
还是比之前好太多了
..It's still streets ahead of what it was.
她摄像有朝一日把菜园给大众开放
She has visions of it being open to the public,
不过在监狱里这么做还是有难度的
but that's difficult with it being a prison.
我们一起坐在花♥园♥里
We go and sit on a seat in the garden
她开始和我说
and she's started telling me about
他逼她做的事
all the stuff he forced her to do.
她说她希望我知道 意面我以后知道
Said she wanted me to know in case it made me
会不想再去见她
not want to see her any more.
我说"别傻了"
I said, "Don't be silly."
但是我从来不知道人们会有这样的癖好
But terrible things I never knew people did.
她戴着头套 身边都是那些男人
And with the hood overher head and men there,
静静地看着
watching in silence.
不仅只是看着
More than watching, actually.
"有一个人有一个奇怪的习惯"
"One of them who had a funny habit..."
她要说的时候
And I knew what she was going to say
我就知道她要说什么
the second before she said it.
"他的呼吸里带着哨声"
"A funny habit of whistling under his breath."
当然了 很多人都会那样
Of course, a lot of people do that.
"我看到他们要卖♥♥掉那个凶宅了"
"I see they're selling the Murder House,"
希拉·布兰切特今天早上和我说
Sheila Blanchard calls out to me this morning.
"板子立起来了 要价16万"
"The board's gone up. Asking 160."
我没有说我早就知道了 或者其实已经卖♥♥了
I didn't say I knew, or that actually it's sold already.
芙兰说是一个印度的家庭 很好的一户人
Fran says they're an Indian family, quite well-to-do,
开了好几家电器电
have a chain of electrical shops.
我想"那对玛贝拉可不是什么好事"
I thought, "Well... That won't do Marbella any good."
可怜的亨利
Poor Henry.
和吉米·塔布克打高尔夫球的时候被打了一下
Golf with Jimmy Tarbuck takes a knock.
我现在经常会看他
I look at him a lot now,
这个曾经的旁观者
this once upon a time spectator,
或者也许现在还是某处的旁观者
or maybe still, who knows, somewhere.
我想
And I think...
有时候我会想
Well, sometimes I just think,
"你这个衣冠禽兽"
"You dark horse."
有时候我想到芙兰 就会难过
Other times I think about Fran and get upset.
他有一天晚上发现我在看他
He caught me staring at him the other night,
就问"你在看什么 女士"
said, "What are you looking at, young lady?"
我马上说"没什么"
I said, predictably, "Nothing."
他说"你最近有点低落"
"You've been getting a bit broody lately," He said.
然后他拍了拍我的膝盖
And he patted me on the knee.
我其实想的是这些年来
What I'd actually been thinking was whether all these years...
他是否一直想看我光着身子手脚并用
he'd been wanting to see me crawl round the room naked
绕着屋子爬
on my hands and knees.
肯定比移植花卉轻松吧
No worse than bedding out, I suppose.
不过如果现在让我这么做 我得戴上护膝
Though if I did it nowadays I'd have to have my knee pads on,
这样可能会扫点兴
which might take the edge off things a bit.
但我一想到那项圈和狗链...
But I think about the collar and lead...
我就想
And then I think...
"我的婚姻一直以来也都是这样
"Well, that's what my marriage has been like, too,
被扯着"
being jerked along."
那玛贝拉算什么
I mean, what else is Marbella?
我们从来没有好好...
We never settled on what to call...
讨论过 那只是一个意外
it, that was part of the trouble.
在花♥园♥里工作让我已经知道一种植物会有
The garden's made me quite used to things having a common name
普通名和拉丁名
and a Latin one.
剧集 | 新喋喋人生 | 导航列表