我跟别人沟通有困难
I find any communication of a non-mathematical nature very difficult.
因为我寡言 别人以为我无意见
Because I don't talk much, people think I don't have anything to say,
或者以为我蠢
or that I'm stupid.
但事实并非如此
And that's not true.
我有很多想法
I have lots of things to say.
只是害怕开口
I'm just afraid to say them.
我知我异于常人
I know that I'm strange in lots of ways.
我看世界有另一套方法
I think I see the world in a different way to other people.
我自小 就是这个模样
I've always been like that.
想跟它玩吗
Would you like to play with it?
是不是怕它吃了你
Are you scared it will eat you?
不是
No.
因为它只是玩具
Is it because it's a toy?
不 因为剑龙不是肉食兽
No. Because stegosauruses aren't carnivores.
那么 内森 你喜欢什么
So, Nathan, what do you like?
我知你讨厌某些事情
I imagine there's things that you don't like.
例如 不准时吃饭
Maybe, say, when meal times change?
对 对 他对食物很挑剔
Yes. Yes, he is fussy about his food.
内森
Nathan?
内森
Nathan?
我喜欢结构图形
I...I like patterns.
见到美丽图形 你有什么感觉
And what does it feel like to see a good pattern?
感觉很好
Nice.
它们的颜色很漂亮
They're pretty colours.
可以确诊 内森有自闭症谱系障碍
So, it's positive. Nathan is certainly on the spectrum.
加上感觉相连症
Traits of autism combined with synaesthesia,
对光线与结构敏感
sensitive to a change in light and pattern.
这是天赋 但在社交同感情沟通上...
These can be gifts, of course, but they do come with some big challenges,
他会有障碍 而且不能根治
socially and emotionally, which will stay with Nathan all of his life.
但他肯定是个独特的后生仔
But there is no question; That he's a unique young man.
跟妈挥手 拜 妈
Give Mum a wave. Bye, Mum.
拜
Bye.
拜
Bye.
你想知我看法吗
You know what I was thinking?
虽然大家
You know, sometimes it might seem like
未必能够明白你
we don't always understand what it's like to be you.
但你拥有那些特别的能力
It's like you've got these special powers,
就像魔法师
like a wizard.
我们只是麻瓜 不懂你的咒语
And we're just Muggles that don't understand how you do it.
根本是鸡同鸭讲
It's like a different language to us.
但就算彼此不能明白对方
But even though we don't always understand each other, Nath,
我们一家人 都会相亲相爱
it doesn't mean that any of us ever stops loving each other.
这样说合情理吧
Does that make sense?
内森 望着我
Nathan, look at me.
你不需要害怕
But you shouldn't be afraid.
亲爱的
Sweetheart
为何要这样对我们
What have you done to us?
我一转身 你就化作尘土
I turned my back and you turned to dust
为何要这样
What have you done?
求你回来吧 别跟我作对
And, Please. Just come here, don't fight with me
我承认
And I admit
你已伤透我的心
Think you may have broken It
对 我承认
Yeah, I admit
X+Y爱的方程式
过来 宝贝 过来
Come here, darling. Come here.
拖着我手
Just hold my hand.
求你 内森 拖我手 就这一次
Please, Nathan. Nathan, just hold my hand. Just this once.
没事的 我们一齐面对
It's okay. We'll do this together.
过来 宝贝 乖仔 来啊
Come here, darling. Darling, come on.
内森 不要这样 不
Nathan. Please, don't. No, Nathan!
嗨
Hey.
喔噢
Gosh.
好像很复杂
That looks complicated.
不会是学校功课吧
That's not schoolwork then?
不如话我知 你写什么
Wait, why don't you try and explain it to me?
我或者可以帮你
I might be able to help you.
你帮不到
You can't.
为什么
Why not?
你不够聪明
You're not clever enough.
内森 这里是间中学
So, Nathan, this is the big school.
你长大就会日日来上课
When you're older, you'll go here every single day.
小心
Watch out.
你只是比别人提早入学
We're just gonna start things early.
没有什么大不了
It's nothing to be frightened about.
不要在走廊乱跑
Don't run in the corridor.
借过
Excuse me.
借过
Excuse me!
你试下
There you go.
噢 真低调
That's subtle.
-的确低调 -我们又没犯校规
-Really subtle. -What? We're not...We're not doing anything.
...没犯校规 马上交出来
"We're not...We're not...We're not doing anything."Give me that now!
这是大♥麻♥
Is this drugs?
走 立即消失
Go on, piss off.
算我们走运
We're so lucky.
-汉弗莱斯先生 -可以聊两句吗
-Mr. Humphreys. -Can I have a quick word? -Yeah.
你几岁 5岁
How old are you? Five?
不 内森他9岁
No, Nathan is nine.
母亲发现他对数字图形有天赋
His mum got in touch because of Nathan's rather advanced interest
小学功课对他已无难度
in numbers and patterns and his primary schoolwork was no longer testing.
我看得出 有一点代数
I can see why, yeah. Bit of algebra.
距离几何学
Distance geometry.
孩子你哪里学的
Where'd you learn all this, mate?
汉弗莱斯先生刚来任教数学科
Mr. Humphreys just joined our maths department.
他曾经也是数学天才儿童
He was a bit of a maths whizz when he was young, Nathan.
-不算 很久之前了 -不 不
-Not really, it was a long time ago. -No, no, no.
他参加过国际数学奥林匹克比赛
He competed in the International Mathematical Olympiad.
奥林匹克 是 简称"奥数"
-Olympiad? -Olympiad, yes. The IMO.
你知道用数学可以赢金牌吗
Did you know you could win medals for maths, Nathan?
就像运动一样
Just like sport, only for people who are really,
但这是脑筋比赛
really strong up here instead.
艾太太 如果汉弗莱斯先生愿意
Mrs. Ellis, if Mr. Humphreys is willing
校方可让内森接受
I think that we can absolutely begin offering Nathan
数学特训
some special advanced tuition.
可以吗
Can't we?
是 可以
Okay, yeah.
为什么你走路很奇怪
Why don't you walk properly?
你讲说话都好直接
That's very direct of you.
我患有多发性硬化症
I've got multiple sclerosis.
那你呢
What about you?
你又为什么这么古怪
Why are you weird?
我有超能力
I've got special powers.
你可以飞
Can you fly?
可以冰封物件
Can you turn things to ice?
你数学真的很厉害吗
Are you really good at maths?
老老实实
Yeah. Fair play.
我不是个好老师
Well, listen, I should tell you, I'm not a very good teacher.
我很懒散
I barely encourage myself to get out of bed,
任由神童自生自灭...
let alone inspire some kid with special powers
用所有时间计数 大家清楚就好
who wants to spend all his spare time doing maths. So as long as we're clear.
你想点 握手 我伸出手
What's that for? It's to give it a shake. It's my hand, isn't it?
-代表君子协定 -我不喜欢握手
-It's what men do when they agree. -I don't like doing that.
很多事讨厌
Yeah, well, we all have to do things we don't like doing,
他妈的都要做 把手伸出来
but we fucking do them, don't we? So give it here.
"他妈的"是什么意思
What does "fucking" mean?
都很好的意思 小子
All in good time, son.
那么 就由"机率"先开始吧
Right then. We'll start with some probability, shall we?
例如我知道教书机率有几多
Like what's the probability of me remembering any of this shit.
我听不到你说什么
I can't hear you.
我说 先画"树形图" 好吗
I said, let's do tree diagrams, shall we?
-汉弗莱斯先生 -是 艾先生
Mr. Humphreys? Yes, Mr. Ellis.
奥数比赛是怎样的