南半球 1957年冬天
好看吧
还有多少时间
六个半小时
现在开始吧
这么快
我想尽快完成
好
好吧
各位
谁想喝
好 我们喝吧
这个美女很性感吧
算了吧
我不会举报你携带美国违♥禁♥品♥的
闭嘴啦
尤里 别这样
给我留点
少喝点
干
干
拜托 拜托
给我留点
谢谢
干
不错的伏特加
我再喝点
你还要
你这笨蛋 浪费了半瓶
怎么回事
约瑟夫
约瑟夫
雪盲
南极洲
地球上最冷 最荒凉的大♥陆♥
安德森 P-170 我带史黛卡回来了
Anderson, P-170. I have Stetko returning.
大约五分钟后到 能收到吗
We'll be approaching in about five. Am I clear?
随便你 来吧 派对已经开始了
It's all you. Come on in, the party's already started.
会不会早了点
Isn't it a little early for that?
第一场冬季风暴本周就要来了
First big winter storm coming in later in the week.
提前几天进行人员轮换
We're swapping personnel a couple days early.
收到 待会见
Roger that. See you in a few.
阿蒙森·斯科特基地
美国南极科学考察站
南纬90度 东经0度
温度 零下55度
凯莉
Carrie?
我在淋浴 医生
I'm in the shower, Doc.
我就出去了
I'll be right out.
鸡肉
Chicken.
虾子 你一直瞒着我啊 女人
Shrimp? You've been holding out on me, woman.
你想听听我这次的行程吗
You wanna hear about my trip?
我飞行了3小时
I flew three hours to talk
只是因为一位博士汇报植物样品的失窃
to a Ph.D. reporting the theft of a botany sample.
植物样品
A botany sample?
大♥麻♥
Cannabis sativa.
啊 当然了 大♥麻♥ 烟草
Ah. Of course, cannabis. Weed.
总是这种无聊的案子
Always a dull moment.
对了 大风暴要来了 要提前离开了
By the way, big storm's coming in, departure's been bumped up.
游泳衣和防晒油都准备好了
Bathing suit and sunscreen are packed and ready to go.
好 你需要的都有了
Well, all you need.
-史黛卡 你在吗 -等等
-Stetko? You there? -Hold on, hold on.
-说吧 -站长找你
-Go. -The station manager wants to see you.
收到 晚餐时候见
Copy. See you at dinner.
不 这就是晚餐
No, you won't. This is dinner.
比餐厅的东西要好多了
Better than that mess-hall crap.
-飞机上见 -什么 你打算走
-See you on the plane. -What? You're kidding.
-你听见了 -医生
-No, you heard me. -Doc?
我们回头再谈
We'll talk about it later, okay?
在哈沃斯山发现有冻死的人
Popsicle was spotted out here at Haworth Mesa.
从麦克默多借调来的飞行员报告的
Pilot I borrowed from McMurdo called it in.
真的吗 那里怎么会有人 那里是无人地区
Really? What was somebody doing out there? That's no man's land.
可能只是气象气球或是旧帐篷
It's probably a weather balloon or an old tent.
飞行员也是今年刚来的新人
It's the guy's first year here.
我知道你刚出差回来 但既然他报告了 就要去看看
I know you just got back, but he reports it, you gotta follow it up.
好 别担心 我去叫医生
Okay. Don't worry, I'll go grab Doc.
嗨 凯莉
Hey, Carrie.
山姆 别浪费我的时间了 直接告诉我有多少克拉吧
Sam, please don't waste my time. Just tell me how many carats.
先别急 看了再说吧
Well, don't gush until you see it. Then you just let it flow.
下"双陆棋"的收入 也不比你当警♥察♥少
You made as much on backgammon as you did from the Marshal Services.
你应该去做专业棋手的
You should go pro.
也许等我回到美国后会考虑看看
Maybe that's what I'll do when I get back to the States.
你仍然打算上交♥警♥徽吗
You're still handing in your badge, huh?
是啊 双陆棋也有专业棋手吗
Yeah. They even have professional backgammon players?
对于所有冬季留守学员的要求都一样
The same rules apply to all winter-over students.
要在90天内上交分♥析♥报告
You'll have 90 days to turn in your analysis.
从1600年直到现在地球的温度
I want proxies for the earth's temperature changes from 1600...
变化指标
...to present day.
我们看看在飘移到堪萨斯之前经历了多长时间
Let's see how long before they're surfing in Kansas.
-医生 -所有队伍 调整你们的行程表
-Doc? -All teams, adjust your schedules.
-你好啊警官 -海顿 你有看见医生吗
-Good day, marshal. -Haden, have you seen Doc?
有 他在外面培训新人
Yeah, he's outside with the newbies.
嘿 警官 上次是不是忘了对我做光身搜查
Hey, marshal, don't you owe me a strip search?
你是第二个出门的人 对吧
You were the second guy out the door, right?
是啊
Yeah.
没兴趣搜查
Yeah, not interested.
不到三天 就是冬季轮班了
In less than three days, we begin the winter-over.
然后就是半年的长夜
The sky turns black and it stays that way for half a year.
虽然天气很不适合人在户外生存
Now, nature did not intend for you to survive out here.
但是你已经在这里了
But here you are...
而我在这儿教你 怎样死不了
...and here I am to teach you how not to die.
来吧
Come on.
非常简单
Nothing to it.
时间
Time.
体温降至华氏97度左右
Core body temperatures have fallen to approximately 97 degrees.
思维就会受到影响
Thinking is impaired.
运动机能减退
Motor skills failing.
简单说 各位 你将死在路上
You are, in short, gentlemen, well on your way to dying...
而且只需要三分钟
...and it's only been three minutes.
有个很大的危机 "白化症"
One great hazard out here: the whiteout.
一系列的恶劣天气综合起来
An unholy set of weather conditions converge...
就能致人于死
...and the world falls away.
冰面上超过时速100英里的风
Winds over 100 miles an hour skip off the ice out here...
扬起的雪能让你看不见6英尺以外的地方
...and kick up snow so thick you can't see six inches in front of your face.
让你完全迷路
You can lose yourself completely out there.
然后送命
And be gone.
好了
All right.
永远不要低估冰 现在穿上外套
Never underestimate the ice. Put your coats on now.
同学们 热烈欢迎史黛卡警官
Now, class, give a nice, warm South Pole hello to Marshal Stetko.
哈罗 史黛卡警官
Hello, Marshal Stetko.
嗨 各位
Hi, guys.
-怎了 -我需要你和我出去一下
-What's up? -I need you to take a ride with me.
一个叫德尔菲的飞行员报告在冰面上发现尸体
A pilot named Delfy thinks he may have found a body on the ice.
引擎的温度很低
This engine is ice cold.
你用吹鼓机吹5分钟
You can't put the goddamn blower on for five minutes
是无法发动飞机的
and expect to start the plane.
怎么改变主意了 你不是要再次留守一个冬季吗
What changed your mind? I thought you were wintering over again.
我的孙女寄来了卡片 邀我去参加她5岁生日
I got a card from my granddaughter inviting me to her 5th birthday party.
你有孙女
You have a granddaughter?
我有一个孙女 凯莉 但我从没见过她
I have a granddaughter, Carrie, and I've never met her.
在这里待的时间太长了
I've been down here way too long.
-你就是德尔菲 -我应该没记错
-You Delfy? -Last I remember.
我是史黛卡 他是约翰·弗瑞
I'm Stetko. This is John Fury.
-你的年纪能开得了这架飞机 -希望如此
-Are you old enough to fly this thing? -Certainly hope so.
你只要别在我的飞机上犯心脏病就好了 年轻人
Just try not to have a heart attack on my plane, junior.
口气不小
Smartass.
不过 我喜欢这小子
Well, I think I'm gonna like him.
ASB 请回答
ASB, ASB, come in.
我是"11月178" 还有5分钟到哈沃斯山
This is November 178. I'm five minutes out from Haworth Mesa.
天气如何 完毕
How's the weather? Over.
天气晴朗
Weather is clear.
收到 返回之前我会通知你
Roger, ASB. I'll inform you on turnaround.
你睡着啦
You asleep?
是啊
Yep.
就算在这里飞行到老
I could fly down here the rest of my life
也仍会为这里的美景惊叹
and never get used to how beautiful it is.
他是怎么到这里来的
How did he get here?
也许是爬山的时候从上面掉下来的
Maybe he was climbing, fell from up there.
那他的装备呢
Then where's his gear?
真是想不通