查理是我同父异母的兄弟
Charlie was my half-brother,
在他10岁的时候 我父亲抛弃了他
Abandoned by my father when he was 10.
他自己做得很好
He made good by being himself,
这是我们很大的不同
a wide space between him and me.
# 我仍然爱着你 #
# I STILL LOVE YOU ANYWAY #
# 我从不想你离开 #
# I DON'T WANT YOU TO EVER LEAVE #
# 姑娘 你令我神迷 #
# GIRL, YOU JUST SATISFY ME #
确实如此 它不...它不算坏
That's true. It's not-- it's not bad.
看起来你有所有的答案了 不是吗?
You seem to have all the answers, don't you?
我不是说我有所有的答案
I'm not saying I have all the answers,
但我们都有感觉对的时候
But we've all had those moments that feel right,
感觉我们是最好的
where we feel like we're at our best,
不会陷入自我怀疑或恐惧中
where we're not bogged down with self-doubt or fear.
你知道 我们信任所在的世界
You know, where we trust in the world around us.
那是什么 - 信仰
Which is what? - Faith.
去追寻 去感受希望和平静
Striving for some sense of hope, of peace.
好吧 雄鹰振翅 惊空遏云
Okay, the eagle soaring through the air achieves
是为了三样东西
because of three things--
它的翅膀 风 还有对二者的信仰
His wings, the wind, and his faith in both.
好了 我们的使命就是接受我们是谁
All right, our role is to accept that who we are
这是相符合的
is absolutely integral to that,
不要再与价值观抗争
and stop fighting against this concept of our value.
要明白这个世界不可能成为
And to recognize that the world cannot be
没有我们的样子 因为我们确实存在
what it's determined to be without us as we are.
你想到了什么 约瑟?
What did you think, Joe?
我喜欢它
I liked it.
看到了吗 就是这样
See there? There you go.
年轻的美国人喜欢它
Youth of America likes it.
什么事?
Yeah?
你们他妈在这做什么?
What the hell you doing in here?
没事
Nothing.
车快来了
Car's in my way.
好的 我得叫上约瑟
Fine. I had to get Jay anyway.
你们最好清理好这个地方
You best get to cleaning this place out
就像我一直告诉你的那样 - 好吧 无所谓
Like I keep telling you. - Yeah, whatever.
你♥他♥妈♥说什么?
What the hell did you say?
你免费住在这里 几乎不去学校
You live here for free. Barely got outta high school.
妈的 你甚至没有份该死的工作
Hell, you don't even have a goddamn job.
你♥他♥妈♥就是个废柴 你知道吗?
You startin' to amount to jack shit, you know that?
我不知道为什么你总是让我这么难
I don't know why you always give me such a hard time.
你根本不知道什么是难
You don't know what a hard time is.
你妈妈还好吗?
How is your mom doing?
她很好 - 好的
She's okay. - Good.
要来点这个吗?
Do you want some of this?
好 当然
Yeah, sure.
那么 你还想去学校吗?
So, are you still thinking about school?
谁说的我想去学校?
Who said I was thinking about school?
查理
Charlie.
你应该去 你知道吗?
You should, you know?
你会做得很好
You'd do well.
# 认为我爸爸理所应当 #
# TOOK MY DADDY FOR GRANTED #
# 你知道我愚弄他像个傻子 #
# YOU KNOW I PLAYED HIM FOR A FOOL #
# 直到后来才发现多么爱他 #
# FOUND OUT LATER THAT I LOVE HIM SO #
# 直到打破感情的黄金准则 #
# AFTER BREAKING LOVE'S GOLDEN RULE #
# 我可能错了 但我们还能很好相处 #
# I MAY BE WRONG, BUT WE CAN GET ALONG #
# 我要回到我属于的地方 #
# AND I'M GOING BACK WHERE I BELONG #
# 你知道我要回到我属于的地方 #
# YOU KNOW I'M GOING BACK WHERE I BELONG #
# 我说我要回去了 #
# I SAID I'M GOING BACK #
# 嗯 我要回到我属于的地方 #
# MMM, I'M GOING BACK WHERE I BELONG #
我曾经很孤独
I was alone,
但是有时我也会有伙伴们
But I would on occasion take company in other folks.
并不是通过简单的对话或眼神接触
Not through easy conversation or eye contact.
相反 我会讲述他们的故事
Instead, I'd make up stories about them,
他们来自哪里 基于我自己的观察
where they came from, based on a sideways glance--
或者那晚 还有些别的事
or that night, a little more.
怎么了?
How's it going?
没事
All right.
你是本地人?
You from around here?
是啊
Yeah.
你呢
You?
离这不远
Not far.
你♥爸♥爸是个传教士?
Your daddy a preacher?
是的
Yeah.
是啊
Yeah.
你有一个传教士的脑袋
You got the head of a preacher.
宽阔卷曲的头发
The way it curves wide.
哼
Hmm.
神圣的灵魂
The holy spirit--
给你留下了印记
it left its mark on you.
上帝的眼睛
The eye of god--
在这里
there.
你要用它观察
You use that sight,
你会发现自己
you'll find your way.
最好去试一下
Best get to it.
我看到了什么
I saw something there--
一盏灯
a light.
一个随之赖以生存的梦想...
An idea that would later live and breathe...
像破碎的浪峰
Forming like the crest of a breaking wave.
自我的反思波澜起伏
A reflection of what floats inside.
终于 - 嗯
Finally. - Hmm.
放轻松 老兄 - 嗯-嗯
Easy there, tiger. - Mmm-mmm.
我们准备得差不多了
We gotta get ready soon.
什么时候行动
What are we gonna do?
留点心...
Pay attention...
我们会得到好处
And we'll get paid.
# 这就是夏天 #
# IT'S SUMMERTIME #
你知道我在奥克拉科克的兄弟
You know my cousin down in Ocracoke.
是啊 他一喝酒就发疯
Yeah, he's lousy when it comes to drinking,
但是他总能找到乐子
But he sniffs out the hot spots.
# 我根本停不下来 #
# I'M THE KIND THAT MOVES ON #
# 你♥爸♥爸那么有钱 #
# YOUR DADDY'S RICH #
告诉我一个他常去的
Told me about a little juke joint
岛上的小酒吧
around the island he'd been frequenting,
有一晚大家都喝得烂醉的时候发生了什么
and what happened one night when they were all drunk as hell.
然后一些大胆的想法 开始了谋划
And some serious smoothness showed up with a plan.
# 然后你会振翅 #
# THEN YOU'LL SPREAD YOUR WINGS #
# 你会翱翔 #
# AND YOU'LL TAKE TO THE SKY #
# 在那个早晨以前 #
# BUT TILL THAT MORNING #
# 没有什么能伤害你 #
# THERE AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA HARM YOU #
# 直到你的爸爸妈妈开始袖手旁观 #
# YOU GOT YOUR DADDY AND MOMMY STANDIN' BY #
纳税时间 宝贝们! 我们上!
Tax time, baby! Let's go!
有三个伙计拿着枪
These three dudes come in with shotguns
掠夺了那个地方
holding the place up.
一个人抢钱箱 洗劫一空
One took on a cash box, gettin' it all emptied out.
另外两个看着人群
The other two watched the crowd making sure
确保那些山里人不会管闲事
some hillbilly don't play vigilante.
有什么 他们就抢什么
Anything come up, they all get the hell out.
当大家都清醒了
And by the time anyone was sober enough
认识到发生了什么的时候
to realize what the hell was happening,
他们早跑远了
They were long gone.
事实他们经常骚扰海岸的酒吧
Turns out they've been hitting joints all over the coast,
偷走酒鬼们的钱 而那些人喝得烂醉
stealing drunk folks' money while they was too drunk
无从反抗
to do anything about it.
他们确信不会被抓
And those folks sure as hell won't call in the pokey.
真是该死 他们来无影
Hell, they'd bust up the stills
去无踪
and shut her down in two shakes.
不留痕迹
Wouldn't give a rat's ass past that.
所以 他们只是不停地移♥动♥
So, they just kept on moving,
藏在岸边 藏在缝隙中
hiding in the banks, the crannies.
大家所知道的 只是三个黑衣男子
All anybody knew was it was three black fellas,