there is a belief that his death
能让你妈妈回家
will bring your mother home.
他现在知道你来了
He knows that you are here now.
他可以放手了
He can let go.
吉米...
Jimmy...
如今她也就完了
This is the end for her now.
一直是吉米在支撑着她
Jimmy held her and it all together.
他们多年来 等着女儿出现
They waited years hoping that daughter would show up.
这些困难 都是为了等她
All this hardship, all for her.
现在已经太晚了
Now it's too late.
我应该告诉他们的
I should have told them.
告诉他们什么
Told them what?
有件事我必须做…
There's something that I must do...
为了你和吉米
for you and Jimmy.
我不该听他的话
I should never have listened.
-但我得走了 -现在?
- But I have to go. - Now?
这很重要 非常重要
It's important, it's very important.
我们会照顾她 你不用担心
We'll take care of her. Don't you worry.
我应该告诉他们的
I should have told them.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我做不到
I couldn't do it.
现在他永远不会知道了
Now he'll never know.
这是你父亲为你写的
Your father made this for you.
打开它
Open it.
你能念念吗
Can you read it?
“我亲爱的小天使
"My dear little angel,
"迪克西和我 今天做了一个承诺
"Dixie and me, we made a pledge today
“尽量不再为你的离开而哭泣 ”
"that we would try not to cry anymore because you are gone.
“但我很抱歉让你失望了 ”
"But I'm sorry that I let you down.
“我希望你能原谅我 ”
"I hope you can forgive me.
“我知道我永远不会原谅自己 ”
"I know I will never forgive myself."
他每逢你的生日就给你写信
He wrote to you every day on your birthday.
我亲爱的小天使
My dear little angel,
我们真的很幸运
we have been truly blessed.
不知道你是否知道
I'm not sure if you know this,
你美丽的女儿来看我们了
but your beautiful little girl has come to see us.
她想帮助我们
She wants to help us.
你一定为她感到骄傲
You must be so proud of her.
他知道 他知道你是谁
He knew. He knew it was you.
他知道
He knew.
你介意我抽烟吗
Do you mind if I smoke?
你为什么不去看他们
Why didn't you ever go see them?
我开车去过那里几次
I used to drive out there sometimes.
在你出生后不久 你的爸爸不在身边的时候
Not long after you were born, when your daddy was away.
我都是把车停在镇上的街道上...
I would park my car in the town street...
等着看他们会不会开车经过
and just wait to see if they would drive by.
有时我会等一整天
Sometimes I waited all day.
他们经过了吗
Did they drive by?
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
你为什么没去和他们见面
Why didn't you go up to them?
我很害怕
I was scared.
如果他们把我拒之门外呢
What if they turned me away?
我教给你的一切
Everything I ever taught you
使你走到了这一刻
has led you to this moment.
你不该出这笔钱的
You should not have paid all that money.
陌生人的善意
The kindness of strangers.
是啊
Yes.
吉米现在和神父在一起了
Jimmy is with the Heavenly Father now.
最大的付出莫过于
What greater gift to give
以自己的损失换来别的改变
than that to his own loss, others are changed.
我觉得我不行
I don't think I can do this.
我们可以只是问候一声
We can just say hello,
什么都不用跟他们说
we don't have to tell them anything.
好吗?
Okay?
好
Yeah.
好的
Okay.
好的
Okay.
我就知道这女孩不是一般人
I knew there was something about that girl.
如果吉米能看到这一幕就好了
What Jimmy would have given to see this.
我觉得就是他促成的
I think he gave it, love.
就是他促成的
I think he gave it.
看到了吗?
See?
她确实来了 就像你说的那样
She did come up the driveway, just like you said.
为什么非要以这种代价
Why did it have to take this?
有时候人死了
Sometimes people die
认为这是他们生命的终点
and they think it's the end of their lives,
但其实他们的生命才刚刚开始
but really, their lives are just beginning.
他们真正的使命是在他们的爱里
Their real purpose is in their love.
死亡并不是他们的结束
Death is not the end for them.
而是他们最大的礼物
It's their greatest gift.
这是你父亲说的
That was your father.
你改变了别人的生活轨迹
You have altered the course of the lives of others
在某种程度上是好的
in a way that is good.
要记住这一点
Always know that.
爸爸
Dad?
爸爸
Dad?
你在哪
Where are you?
死亡就像梦 艾迪
Death is just like a dream, Addie.
爸爸
Dad?
每天晚上你闭上眼睡觉时
Every night when you close your eyes to sleep,
你就到了那里
you go there,
我们都能看到彼此...
we all see each other...
然后我们有的人醒来
and then some of us wake up.
现在我必须走了
I have to go on now.
我必须道别了
I have to say goodbye.
你做得很好
You did real good.
我一点也不明白
I don't understand it at all,
我真的听不懂你说什么 都不懂
I can't really get a word you're saying, none of us do.
电影精选列表