It was her light.
她在那里等着我
She was there waiting for me.
我本可以跟着她走
I could disappear into her
扔下以前的我
and leave behind the person that I was.
你为什么要这么做
Why would you want to do that?
我把我的孩子送人了
I gave away my child,
一个我所爱的孩子
a child I loved and wanted.
这改变了以前的我
It broke who I was.
我必须变成另一个人
I had to become someone else.
我有过一个女儿 她很漂亮
I had a baby girl, she was so beautiful.
我们这些年来在这里等着
We waited here all these years
希望她能来找我们
hoping she would come and find us.
希望她会来找我
She would come and find me.
但时间不多了 然后你来了
But time ran out, and then you came.
我开始记起我以前是谁了
And I'm starting to remember who I was.
你现在知道真♥相♥了 艾德琳
You know the truth now, Adeline.
你必须表演
You must act.
我不知道她会在我们这里多久
I don't know how long she's gonna stay with us,
或者我们还能维持住这里多久
or how long we have here.
我不知道
I just don't know.
你的信心去哪儿了 吉米
Where's your faith gone, Jimmy?
我从未失去信心 迪克西 从来没有
I never lose my faith, Dixie, never.
也许她是某种天使
Maybe she's some sort of angel.
我觉得是上帝派她来的 你想过吗
I think God sent her. Did you ever think that?
是啊 我想过
Yeah, I do
到美地来
Come to The Beautiful Place.
你所有的梦想都将实现
All your dreams will come true.
我觉得她有点像天使
I think she's some sort of an angel.
到美地来
Come to The Beautiful Place.
也许是上帝派她来的
Maybe God sent her to us.
嗨 请进
Hey, come in.
喝点柠檬水
Have some lemonade.
你录过你的歌♥吗
Did you ever record your songs?
啊 是的
Ah, yeah.
有个小伙子曾留下一些磁带
A fella laid down some tracks one day.
我能听听吗
Could I hear some stuff?
我还有一张磁带 就一张
I have one of them tapes, you know, just the one.
给 送你了
Here, you can have it.
我可以留着?
To keep?
是的
Yeah.
请坐
Have a seat.
我们可以承受这里将要发生的事
You know, we can face what's gonna happen to us here
我和迪克西 我们可以
me and Dixie, we can.
我只想对你说 你能来这里
I just want you to know how much this has meant to us,
我们很欣慰
you being here.
还有你所做的事 尤其对迪克西来说
And what you're doing, especially for Dixie.
你来这里 让她又有信仰了
You being here has made her believe in things again.
我们有一个女儿
We had a daughter once,
我不确定迪克西是否告诉过你
I'm not sure if Dixie told you that or not.
我们送走她的那天 回到家不停的哭
The day we let her go, we came home and cried and cried.
唯一能安慰我们的是
The only thing that kept us going
她能吃上饭 能受到照顾
is she was getting fed and took care of.
那孩子出生的时候 我们是住在车上
We were living in a damn car when that baby was born.
没有暖气 很冷 我都不确定
No heating, it was freezing, I'm not even sure,
我们自己能不能活下去
we wouldn't sure if we were gonna survive or not.
我们觉得把她送人 或许她能有
We thought that she might have a better chance
更好的机会
with someone else.
我小时候 我爸给了我一本书
I had a book that my dad gave me when I was a boy.
里面有很多空白页
It had a lot of empty pages.
他觉得有一天我可能会画满
He thought I might draw in it one day,
我从没画过
and you know, I never did.
-一本书?-嗯
- A book? - Mm-hmm.
好像是在这里
Here it is, somewhere.
我拿出那本书 给她写了一封信
I pulled that old book out and I wrote her a letter,
想告诉她我那天的感受
trying to tell her how I felt that day.
必须倾诉出来 它一直在折磨我
Had to get it out. It was burning my heart.
假装她有一天能看到
Made believe she'd read it some day.
之后每一年 我都会再给她写一封信
And every year after that, I'd write her another one,
一封又一封
and another one, and another one.
一辈子都这样
This is for a whole life?
是啊 我一辈子都这样
Yeah, my whole life too.
这是她的出生证
This here is her birth certificate.
上面有一个地址
It's got this address on it.
所以我们尽力留在这里
That's why we tried so hard to stay here,
这么多年
all these years,
希望这张纸
hoping for this one piece of paper,
有一天她会来
that one day she'd show up.
你是第一个看这本书的人
You're the first person I ever showed this book to.
连迪克西都不知道我有这本书
Not even Dixie knows I have it.
你为什么要给我看
Why did you show it to me?
我一直假装有一天我会把这本书给她
I always pretended I'd give it to her one day.
做白日梦吧
Day dreams.
给你看了 就会更接近一步
Showing it to you, it comes close.
假如我们的父母
If only our parents were born
和我们同时出生
at the same moment we were,
会有多少悲伤可以避免
how much heartache would be spared.
但父母和孩子只能先后出世
But parents and children can only go after each other,
而不是一起
not with each other.
我们之间总是有距离
And the distance always lies between us,
只有爱能改变这一点
which nothing but love and change.
好节目 你们会喜欢的
Great show. I think you will love it.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是你的票
Oops, here's your ticket.
给你
Here you go.
吉米 过来
Jimmy, come here!
你看
Look!
不错
Ain't bad.
是啊
Yep.
哇 我的天...
Well, well, I'll be...
你真美
You look beautiful.
我要去一下教堂
I'm headed over to the church for a bit.
哦?
Oh?
我要去做些祈祷
I got some prayers.
告诉她我们在等她
Tell her we're waiting for her.
我经常这样祈祷 迪克西
Always do, Dixie.
一直祈祷
Always do.
我今天看见和你一起的那个男人是谁
Who was that man I saw you with today?
什么男人
What man?
我好像看到一个男人和你一起
I thought I saw a man walking beside you
在那边路上走
along the driveway over there.
可能是我的幻觉吧
My imagination, probably.
他长什么样
What did he look like?
和你一样高
About the same height as you,
穿着蓝色衬衫 浅蓝色的
had a blue shirt on, sort of a light blue color.
我以为只有我能看到他
I thought I was the only one that could see him.
今天不行
Not today.
今天可不行 艾德琳
Not today, Adeline.
再见 艾德琳
Bye, Adeline.
吉米
Jimmy.
吉米
Jimmy.
好了 女士们 先生们 你们在观看精彩的节目
All right, ladies and gents, you are in for quite a show.
首先 是杰出的迪克西.里格斯
Firstly, the great Dixie Riggs.
没错 没错
Yeah, yeah.
然后 在你们开始退场的时候
And then, as you're leaving,
能看到那个空中的女孩
you get to see the girl in the air.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you, thank you.
我们的生活并不总会如我们所愿
Our lives are not always what we think they are.
为了更高的目标 会发生一些不幸的事
Events happen to serve a higher good.
着火了
Fire!
在吉米的心里
Somewhere in Jimmy's heart,
他相信他的死
电影精选列表