What do you do for a living?
你怎么过活呢?
l'm searching all the time.
我一直在寻觅
Searching for interesting people.
寻觅有趣的人
lt's difficult to find really interesting people.
很困难找到真正有趣的人
l know, but I keep searching.
我知道 但我一直寻觅
l know how to fend for myself.
我知道如何照顾我自己
l feel happier here than anywhere else.
我在这儿比别的地方感觉更快乐
These walls have become my friends,
这些墙变成了我的朋友
my confidantes.
我的知己
You're not easy to understand.
懂你不容易
That's the way l have to be accepted,
不得不这样接受我
with no questions and no explanations.
没有疑问 没有解释
This is my lucky day.
今天是我的幸运日
Don't ever say that.
永远别这么说
Never mind. l don't mind unusual situations. They come on their own.
没关系 我不介意非比寻常的事 自己送上门的
Like our meeting on the road today.
就像我们今天在路上的邂逅
Are you sure we're alone?
你确定我俩独处?
What makes you ask?
你为什么问?
I get the strong feeling we're not.
我有强烈的感觉我俩不是
Hey!
嗨!
Who's there?
谁在那?
Fran?
芙兰?
Fran!
芙兰!
Where the bloody hell do people go here in the mornings?
见鬼大早上这里人都去哪儿了?
Excuse me for intruding, but I've hurt myself.
抱歉我闯入 但我弄伤了自己
Yeah, ofcourse. Come on in. Thank you.
没事 快进来 谢谢
Uh, sit down. Thanks. It's nothing serious.
请坐 多谢 没什么严重的
Just one moment.
稍等
lt's only a little cut, but it hurts a bit.
只是小伤口 但有点痛
That's quite a deep cut.
伤口很深
Did it on a piece of glass.
是玻璃划的吗
Well, I must have had a few too many last night...
我昨晚一定喝得太多了...
and fallen over a broken glass.
倒在碎玻璃上
Yeah, that's pretty swollen.
肿得好厉害
First I'll disinfect it. Sorry.
首先我要消毒 抱歉
lt's all right. Carry on. Yeah, it might hurt, but it helps.
没关系 继续 可能痛 但有好处
Thanks foryour help. Why, don't mention it.
多谢你们的帮助 不客气
With my arm in this state l couldn't have driven very far.
我的胳膊这样 我没法开车远行
You know, you ought to rest for a while. Well, I feel fine now.
你知道吗 你应该休息一会 我现在感觉没事了
You sure? How about stay with us and have a cup ofcoffee?
你确定?跟我们呆着喝杯咖啡怎么样?
Oh, no. No, thanks. She's right, you know. Hot cup ofcoffee'll do you good.
不不不 多谢 她说的对 你知道吗 热咖啡会对你有好处
Well, that's very kind ofyou. Thank you very much.
你们太好心了 非常感谢
Have you got the correct time, please?
请问你知道正确时间吗?
Um, 1 0:1 5.
10:15
lt's ridiculous, but my watch stopped. lt's never done it before.
不对 我的表停了 之前从没这样过
Well, I'd best be on my way.
我最好上路了
Many thanks for the coffee and your help. That's okay.
非常感谢你们的咖啡和帮助 没什么
Does anyone live in that house?
有人住在那房♥子里吗?
That's a question l asked myselfearlier,
这是我之前问自己的问题
and I still haven't found an answer.
而且我仍然没有答案
Good-bye. Bye-bye. Bye.
再见 再见
Hey. [ Chuckles ]
嗨
The urge was too strong.
冲动太强
You had to ask him...
你不得不问他...
oryou would have exploded.
否则你会爆♥炸♥的
Mmm. But he didn't answer my question, did he? No.
嗯 但是他没有回答我的问题 对吧? 对
Look. He's going back to the house.
看 他要回到房♥子去
Yeah. Yeah, l can see.
对 我看得见
He's going back to the house.
他要回到房♥子去
l'm sorry about this morning.
今早的事我很抱歉
l had to get up at the crack ofdawn, and I couldn't get back any earlier.
我不得不破晓就起身 而且我无法回来得更早
l had so much to do. Will you forgive me?
我有很多事要办 你会原谅我吗?
Oh, not to worry. You're here now.
别担心 你现在来了
Oh, I almost forgot. I'm not alone. I'm with friends.
我几乎忘了 我不是一个人来的 我跟朋友们一起来
l'm sure you'll like them.
我肯定你会喜欢他们
That's Miriam and her friend.
这是米丽安和她的朋友
Oh, it's freezing in here.
哦 里面好冷
Well, I'll have this alight in a jiffy.
我会马上生好火
Do you like that? Mmm.
你喜欢吗? 嗯
Look, may I make a phone call? Afraid not.
我可以打个电♥话♥吗? 恐怕不行
Hmm? There's no telephone in the house.
房♥子里没有电♥话♥
Oh, it doesn't matter. It'sjust that I'd arranged to meet some friends of mine.
没关系 只是我约好了几个朋友
l would liked to have let them know l was going to be a bit late.
我想让他们知道我要晚点去
Oh, I feel so guilty. lt's okay.
哦 我感觉好负疚 没关系
[ Miriam ] Can I give you a hand, darling?
我能帮你忙吗 亲爱的?
No, thanks. It's okay.
不 多谢 没事
l'm afraid it's all we've got to offer.
恐怕这就是我们能提供的一切
Red wine. But a very good vintage.
红酒 但是非常好的佳酿
[ Liquid Splashes ] Oh.
哦
Thanks.
多谢
Good health. Do you like it?
祝健康 喜欢吗?
Mmm. Everyone seems to like it.
嗯 人人看起来喜欢
The cellars here are stacked high with the stuff.
这地窖里佳酿满架
Some of it must be years old. Really?
有些一定有年头了 真的?
Have a drop more. Mmm, thanks.
多喝一点 嗯 多谢
Miriam, darling, I'm afraid you'll have to go down to the cellar to fetch some more.
米丽安 亲爱的 恐怕你要去地窖多拿点来
l'm sure Rupert will be able to help you in the choice ofan excellent vintage.
我肯定鲁珀特能帮你挑出绝佳美酒
Mmm. with pleasure. Let's go then.
嗯 我的荣幸 那我们走
l waited foryou all day until I fell asleep in the car.
我等了你一天 然后我在车上睡着了
Forgive me about this morning. l thought l'd be back earlier.
原谅我今早的事 我本以为我会回来更早
This girl- your friend.
这姑娘...你朋友
Miriam? Yes.
米丽安? 是的
Was she here last night?
她昨晚来了?
No. I told you, we were alone. Just you and l.
不 我告诉你了 我俩独处 只有我和你
But-
但是...
Does she live here with you?
她跟你住在这?
More or less. She's my girlfriend.
多多少少 她是我的闺密
We have a lot in common, get on very well together.
我们许多东西共享 彼此很要好
But it's crazy to live in an old place like this.
但住在像这样的老地方真是疯了
No telephone, the place almost in ruins.
没有电♥话♥ 这地方几乎是废墟
These walls could fall in on you any moment.
这些墙随时可能倒在你们身上
Who is this chap Rupert?
这小伙子鲁珀特是谁?
[ Thunder Continues Rumbling ] A very nice man.
一个非常好的人
How long have you known him?
你认识他多久了?
Since this afternoon.
自从今天下午
He gave us a lift here.
他开车送我到这
May have chosen a bad spot for camping.
也许选择了错误地点野营
l don't see why.
我不明白为什么
lt's attractive and quiet and nobody's bothered us.
这里很有雅趣很安静 没人打扰我们
That's not the point.
不是这回事
How often do you read of horrible things happening in just such a situation?
你经常读到恐怖的事就在这种地方发生吧?
Quiet, isolated corner, couple like us-
安静、与世隔绝的角落 像我们这样的一对...
Oh, darling, please. Don't start all that again.
亲爱的 拜托 不要又开始了
First there were those two women. Then that man with the cut on his arm.
首先那两个女人 然后那男人胳膊被划了
Well, now you're exaggerating.
你在夸大其辞
Poor man came in search of help, which is perfectly natural.
可怜人来寻求帮助 这很正常
You cut yourself and the first thing you do is look for help. Logical, no?
你划到自己 你第一件事也是找帮助 合情合理 不是吗?
Well, when I asked him ifanyone lived in the house or not, he avoided a proper reply.
我问他是否房♥子里有人住 他含糊其辞
Well, not exactly.
不确切
He implied in a very friendly manner that you shouldn't stick your nose into other people's affairs.
他是非常友好的含蓄表达 你不应该管别人的私事
l find that perfectly reasonable.
我觉得这非常合情合理
That's not the point.
不是这回事
He said he didn't know ifthe place was inhabited or not,
他说他不知道这地方有没有人住
and then he spends his nights there.
而他在那里度过一晚上
Now, why? Oh, for goodness' sake!
为什么? 看在老天份上!
Because he probably has a wonderful time with that woman.
因为他可能跟那女人一夜风流
Or the two women, the ones you're so concerned about.
或那两个女人 你念念在兹的那两个
Perhaps they live in the house. Perhaps he lives there himself.
也许她们住在房♥子里 也许他自己住在那里
Well, somebody does.
好吧 有人住
How should I know?
我怎么知道?