Good afternoon, sir.
下午好 先生
Good afternoon. Could I have a room for the night, please?
下午好 请问我能有个房♥间住一晚吗?
Single? Yes, please, with bath, if possible.
单人间? 最好有浴室
Okay, that'll be fine. lfyou'd just like to fill in this form- name and address.
行 没问题 您只要填这张表...姓名地址
Thankyou.
谢谢
Gentleman's an old client.
先生是位老顾客
We haven't seen you down here foryears. Years have gone by since then.
我们好多年没见到您下乡了 悠悠岁月
Do you remember me? l'm sorry, no.
您记得我吗? 我很抱歉不记得
l'm positive I have seen you here before.
我肯定我之前在此见过您
l'm afraid you're mistaken.
我恐怕你搞错了
l'm sorry. I must have confused you with someone else.
很抱歉 我一定把您和其他人弄混了
l'll show you to your room. Thankyou.
我领您去您房♥间 谢谢
Do you have some luggage? No, none.
您有行李吗? 没有
lt's getting dark already.
天渐渐黑了
Take a look at the map, will you, see where we are.
看看地图好吗 看我们在哪儿
Did you see that woman?
你看见那个女人了?
There were two.
有两个
l only saw one.
我只看见一个
Yeah, there was another one.
还有另一个
She was hiding behind the trees.
她躲在树后面
Really?
真的?
Sure, she was hiding.
真的 她躲起来了
Perhaps you're seeing things.
也许你是眼花了
No. I'm sure.
不 我肯定
Well, ifthey are hitchhikers someone's bound to give them a lift.
如果她们是搭便车的 有人应该送她们一程
Could you give me a lift? lt's not very far.
您可以让我搭车吗?不是很远
[ Man ] Sure. Hop in.
当然可以 上来
Thanks very much.
非常感谢
Well, we've certainly covered a good distance in the last few days.
我们在过去几天真的走了好长路
Yes, we have.
对 我们是的
What's the matter?
怎么了?
Me? Nothing.
我?没什么
You look worried.
你看起来忧心忡忡
Have you noticed that house over there?
你注意到那边的房♥子吗?
Yeah. Looks abandoned.
对 看起来被废弃了
This place frightens me. It's not the first time we've camped in the woods.
这地方让我害怕 我们林中野营又不是第一次了
[ Grunts ] And we're both tired.
而且我们都累了
Perhaps.
也许
You'll be more cheerful after a night's sleep.
晚上睡一觉你会更快活
l think I'll go down to the lake tomorrow, see ifthere's any fish.
我想明天我要去湖边 看有没有鱼
Why should one ofthem be hiding behind a tree?
为什么她们之一要躲在树后面?
What?
什么?
Why should one ofthem be hiding behind a tree?
为什么她们之一要躲在树后面?
l didn't see anyone hiding.
我没看见谁在躲
Well, I did.
我看见了
One woman stood on the edge ofthe road.
一个女人站在路边
The other one was hiding in the woods, watching for something. Perhapsjust waiting.
另一个躲在树后面 观察什么 也许在等待
Perhaps she was waiting whilst her friend stopped the car.
也许她在等她朋友拦下车
There's somebody in that house.
房♥子里有人
l just saw a light move in one ofthe windows.
我刚看见窗户里有光在动
John!John! What on earth's the matter?
约翰!约翰! 到底怎么回事?
There's somebody outside! What? What do you mean?
外面有人! 什么?你说什么?
l saw a big hand right there on the window.
我看见窗户上有只大手
At this time of night and in this weather nobody's gonna be outside.
晚上这时候 这天气 外面没人
You must have been dreaming. No.
你一定是做梦 不是
First ofall, I heard a scream. lt woke me up.
首先我听到尖叫 惊醒了我
Then when I was awake l suddenly saw this horrible hand outside.
然后我醒来猛地看见外面恐怖的手
[ Scoffs ] Oh, come on, darling. Let's go back to sleep.
得了 亲爱的 我们继续睡觉
Sleep?
睡觉?
You don't honestly think l can get any sleep now, do you?
你不会真的以为我现在还睡得着吧?
There's no one out there, Harriet darling, so relax.
外面没人 亲爱的哈莉特 放松
You've got to convince yourself that you were dreaming.
你得明白你在做梦
You're late!
你们来晚了!
lt was the chiming ofthe church clock that woke me.
教堂钟声惊醒了我
Then I saw them pass by-
然后我看见她们经过
the same two women that were close to the road yesterday.
还是昨天在路边那两个女人
A coincidence. Yes, but it was them.
是巧合 是的 但就是她们
They were walking quickly, one behind the other.
她们走得很快 一前一后
Well, perhaps they live somewhere close by.
也许她们住在附近某处
Even so, what on earth were they doing at that hour ofthe morning?
即便这样 她们在早上这时候在干什么?
They didn't look normal.
她们看起来不正常
No? Well, what did they look like then?
不正常?那她们看起来什么样子?
Can't explain exactly,
我说不清楚
but they gave me a very strange feeling.
但她们给我非常奇怪的感觉
Since we arrived at this spot everything's seemed strange to you.
自从我们来这 你看起来对一切疑神疑鬼
You see hands and ghosts just about everywhere.
你到处看见手和鬼魂
You're not the usual kind of hitchhiker.
你不是通常的搭车客
What's your name? Fran.
你叫什么名字? 芙兰
Fran? Like Frances?
芙兰?芙兰西丝吗?
No,just Fran.
不 就是芙兰
My name's Ted. What are you doing on the road at this time ofevening?
我叫泰德 你晚上这时候在路上干什么?
l decided to take a stroll and then realized it was getting late.
我决定漫步 然后意识到天色已晚
l don't live far from here.
我住处离这不远
You remind me very much ofsomeone l knew a long time ago.
你让我想起我很久之前认识的人
Yes, very much indeed.
是的 真的非常像
Slow down. We're almost there.
慢下来 我们几乎到了
It's the next on the left.
接下来左拐
Are you sure that this track is meant for cars?
你确定这是车道?
It's a short cut. It's not often used.
这是捷径 不经常使用
Are you English? What makes you ask?
你是英国人吗? 为什么你这么问?
You don't look English. Hmm.
你看起来不像英国人 嗯
Well, what are you then?
那么你是什么人?
If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. Try me.
我跟你说了你不会信的 说来听听
Hey,John, look.
嗨 约翰 看
Hmm?
嗯?
lt's one ofthose women with a man. Oh, again?
那两个女人之一带着一个男人 又来了?
That's his car, ifyou need convincing.
看那是他的车 如果你要信服的话
l don't need convincing. l just don't see anything peculiar about it, that's all.
我不需要信服 我就是看不出有什么蹊跷的 就这样
Ah.
唉
Does this kind ofthing excite you?
这种事让你兴奋吗?
Sometimes.
有时
Why?
为什么问?
Now, don't be too impatient.
听着 不要太不耐烦
Come.
来
l get the impression that you're not too keen on this kind ofexpedition.
我有印象你对这旅行不是太热心
Don't worry.
别担心
Now listen here.
现在听我说
l find you very attractive, but this stroll is becoming rather boring.
我发现你非常有魅力 但这漫步变得很无聊了
What the hell is this all about?
这一切到底怎么回事?
You can't tell me that you use this place foryour dates.
你不能告诉我你用这地方约会
Certainly not.
当然不用
But where we're going is quite different from all this,
但我们要去的地方与这非常不同
and it's too late to go back now.
而且现在回去太迟了
Well, I mean it would be a shame to retrace our steps after having arrived so far.
我是说我们已经走了这么远 现在返回太遗憾了
And we are nearly there.
而且我们就要到了
This is my place. Do you like it?
这是我的地方 你喜欢吗?
Well, it's better than the rest ofthe house.
它比房♥子其余部分要好
Can't believe it.
不敢相信
Does it all belong to you? l'm only a guest.
它全属于你? 我只是个客人
What other surprises have you got for me?
你还有其它惊喜给我吗?
We'll see.
等着瞧
Now, be a darling and light the fire while I get us something to drink.
现在乖乖待着 生起火 我去弄点喝的
Make yourselfcomfortable. Relax. The worst's over.
让自己舒适 放松 最糟糕的结束了
I was asking myself- Asking?
我在问我自己... 问?
Well, I don't pretend that you should divulge all your secrets, but-
我不是说你应该泄露你的所有秘密 但是...
Go on. Ask.
问吧
ls there a limit to the questions?
提问有限制吗?
There's a limit to the answers.
回答有限制
Do you, uh, live here alone?
你一个人住在这?
l often receive guests.
我经常接待客人