I know. This is my father. This is him.
我晓得了 这是我父亲写的
He's just playing a prank. No! No, there is no way
他只是在恶作剧 不! 不 不可能
he would risk contaminating the site as a joke. He just wouldn't.
他会冒着毁损遗迹的险来恶作剧 他不会的
Did you carbondate the ink? Of course.
你有做墨水的日期碳化反应吗? 当然有
There's got to be another reason. I did it three times.
一定有别的理由 我做了三遍
Like I just said,
如同我刚刚说的
your father wrote that note,
你父亲写了那字条
but he wrote it 600 years ago.
不过是在六百年前写的
I don't care about ITC's policies.
我才不鸟什么ITC政策
I'm his son, I wanna talk to him now.
我是他儿子 我现在就要找他谈
I found the professor's glasses. They were on his desk.
我找到教授的眼镜了 就在他的桌上
It's a perfect match. Look.
简直一模一样 你看
We should do an optical test to make sure.
我们应该进行光学检测来确定一下
I'm sick of this. Either somebody tell me where Professor Johnston is
我受够这样了 若是没人肯告诉我强斯顿教授在哪
or I report a kidnapping to the authorities.
我就要向当局报案说他被绑♥架♥了
Have I made myself clear?
我讲得够清楚了吗?
Just tell us when and where.
告诉我们时间和地点吧
What is it?
怎样?
Doniger's sending a plane for us.
多尼格要派一架飞机来接我们
Doniger's sending a plane for us.
我们要去新墨西哥州?
Let's pack up, guys.
收拾一下吧 大伙
Good morning.
早安
Steven Kramer, ITC. Frank Gordon, security.
史蒂芬克拉玛 ITC 法兰克戈登 安♥全♥部♥门
Where's my dad? You'll see your dad shortly.
我爸在哪? 你很快就会见到的
Where's Doniger at? Doniger's waiting inside.
多尼格人呢? 多尼格在里头等着
Mr. Kramer will explain everything. Tell me.
克拉玛先生会解释一切 告诉我
How come we have a 600-year-old document
为何我们会有个六百年之久的公事包
with his handwriting? Pleading for help.
上头却有着他的笔迹呢? 写着求救字样
I'll explain as soon as we get through security.
到了安♥全♥部♥门我会解释的
ITC is constantly advancing itself in science.
ITC在科学方面不断自我突破
30 years ago, the business world was revolutionized with a machine
30年前 商场产生机械化革命
that sent documents anywhere with the push of a button.
按个钮就能传送文件到各地
Doniger's vision was to do that with 3-D objects.
多尼格的想法是想传送立体物件
Like a fax or something? Exactly.
像传真之类的吗? 没错
He's trying to send actual objects from one place to another?
他想从某地传送实物至另一地?
Follow me. But that's impossible.
跟我来 但那是不可能的
He would need a quantum computer with millions of processors.
他会需要一台有百万个处理器的量子电脑
We used them to build a machine that could fax three-dimensional objects.
我们利用那些建造了一台机器可以传真立体物件
I'll explain these mirrors later.
我稍候再解释这些镜片
It would put FedEx and UPS out of business.
这样一来会教快递公♥司♥倒闭的
You actually made it work? Yes.
你们真的成功运作了? 是的
Across a room.
穿越房♥间
But we wanted to send things across continents
但我们希望能横跨五洲传送东西
so we built a bigger machine. This is the prototype.
所以我们造了个更大的机器 这是原型
The prototype? So that thing that we just passed...
原型?所以我们刚刚经过的那个东西...
Exactly. ...is the real thing?
没错 ...是真的东西?
We gave it a thousand times more power.
我们给它千倍以上的能量
We tried to send something from New Mexico
我们试过从新墨西哥州传送物质
to a twin machine at a lab in New York City.
到纽约市实验室里的子机中
Now, here's the interesting part.
有趣的是...
The package never arrived at its destination.
东西从未送达预定目的地
A few hours later, it showed up back here.
几小时之后 又传回了这里
Wait a minute. So if it went missing between New Mexico and New York,
等一下 如果在新墨西哥州和纽约间消失无踪的话
where did it go in the meantime?
那传送当中到底跑到哪去了呢?
We asked the same question.
我们也问过同样的问题
So we sent out a camera over and over,
所以我们反覆传送出摄影机
and we got back photos of the same location, a hillside with trees.
拍到的都是同一个地点 周围满是树木的山坡
That's when Mr. Doniger made the brilliant decision
当时多尼格先生下了个睿智的决定
to point the camera straight up.
将摄影机镜头朝上直立
So once we cross-referenced star charts to the horizon,
因此我们交叉比对过星象图和地平线位置后
we realized that the camera was not only in the wrong place,
我们意识到摄影机不只是传错了地点
but it was in the wrong time. So, what does that mean?
也传错了时间 什么意思?
The camera was taking photographs of a wilderness
摄影机一直拍到野外照片
near Castlegard, France in the year 1357.
1357年法国的卡索加附近
So you're saying you accidentally discovered time travel?
你是说你们意外地发现了时光旅行?
No, we accidentally discovered a wormhole.
不 我们意外地发现一个时空裂洞
A wormhole that seems to be locked to a single time and place in the past:
时空裂洞似乎锁定在过去特定的时间及地点
1357, Castlegard.
1357年的卡索加
So you faxed my father's glasses and documents back to the 14th century?
所以你将我父亲的眼镜和公事包传回到14世纪?
No, Chris.
不 克里斯
Your father is in the 14th century.
你父亲正处于14世纪
What?
什么?
We need you to help get him back. Mr. Robert Doniger,
我们需要你们帮忙救他回来 罗勃多尼格先生
this doesn't make sense.
这不合道理啊
A wormhole is a volatile force. You can't send a person through one.
时空裂洞变幻莫测 你无法经由它传送人过去
Can't fit a piece of paper through a telephone wire.
无法经由电♥话♥线传送纸张过去
But you can send a fax.
但一样可以传真文件过去
Sure, once you've broken the message into a stream of electrons, but...
没错 只要你将讯息分解成为电子串流 可是...
Oh, shit. Now, look,
哦 我的妈呀 好了 听着
I don't care about the hows or the whys.
我不管作法或原因
I care about my father. Did he know about all this?
我只关心我父亲 他知道这一切吗?
I thought we could help each other. We'd give him hints
我想我们可以彼此帮忙 我们会给他提示
about the best excavation areas, and he could discover
给他最佳的挖凿地区 让他可以发现
why we're locked into this particular place and time.
为何我们被锁定在特定的时空
So this is why you've been funding our dig.
所以这就是你一直资助我们挖掘工作的原因
He was more astute than I thought. We gave him too many clues
他比我想的还机灵 我们给了他太多太多的线索
and he became very, very suspicious.
他变得非常非常疑神疑鬼
How could you send him there? God knows where he is...
你怎能送他到那儿去?天晓得他去的地方是否...
Oh, he's a very persuasive man. He insisted on going.
他是个口才非常好的人 他执意要去
Now he's stuck. That's where you all come in.
他现在被困住了 所以你们才会在这里
Do we look like wormhole specialists?
我们看起来像时空裂洞专家吗?
You sent the professor to the Hundred Years' War?
你派教授参加英法百年战争?
Right. Turbulent times you sent him to.
没错 你送他去乱世
We need cultural experts, not scientists.
我们需要文化专家 而非科学家
My people don't know about the medieval world
我的人对中古世纪一无所知
or how to mingle, which is what we have to do
也不知怎样融入当代 此乃必备条件
if we are to find the professor and bring him back.
若是要找到教授并将他带回来
So we bring him back, it's that simple.
那么我们就带他回来 就那么简单
We step on that machine and whiz back to 1357 to get him back?
我们启动那鬼机器 回到1357年带他回来吗?
Once he's broken us into a stream of electrons.
只要他分解我们成为电子串流
Why should we do what you ask us?
我们何必照你要求的去做?
I think we need to know more...
我觉得我们需要知道更多...
I know you have a lot of questions... A lot of questions.
我知道你们有满腹的疑问... 满腹的疑问
The professor's already been gone for 72 hours
教授已经失踪72小时了
and every minute he's there, it'll be more difficult to find him.
他在那儿多待一分钟 要找到他就加倍困难
That's true. Bob?
那倒是真的 鲍伯?
Excuse me. I need to get them changed if they're going to go.
抱歉 如果他们同意去的话 我得教他们换装
Frank, change with them. I'm not going.
法兰克 随他们一块换装 我不去
Gomez and Baretto are ready. We need to think...
戈麦兹和巴雷托已准备好了 我们需要考虑...
I'd like you along. We didn't say we were going.
我希望你一块前行 我们没说要去啊
Steve, can you bring them to prep, please.
史蒂夫 请带他们去准备一下
Sure. Folks, this way.
没问题 各位 这边请
Thank you. Please, this way. Thank you.
谢谢 这边请 谢谢
Just follow Steve. He'll take you to the prep room.
跟着史蒂夫走 他会带你们到预备室
Bob, look, Gomez and Baretto are my two best men.
鲍伯 听着 戈麦兹和巴雷托是我两个最佳手下
They can handle any situation. I would prefer not going.
他们能处理任何状况 我不太想去
I really want you to go.
我真的希望你去
And if you see Decker, you know what to do.
如果你见着德克 你晓得怎么做的
Robert...
罗勃...
You know, that was a really great speech you made.
知道吗? 你演讲得实在太棒了
I almost believed it myself.
我自己差点就信以为真
Didn't you forget something? What?
你是不是忘了一件事? 什么事?
Come on. Look at Taub's MRls. Look at his arteries.
来吧 看看陶伯的核磁共振图 看看他的动脉
This was his tenth trip. This is their first and only.
他旅行过十次 而他们才头一次
They deserve to know that we don't know how he ended up in the desert.
我们不清楚他怎么死在沙漠这事 他们有权知道
You don't think they deserve to know that?
你不认为他们理该知道吗?
I've told them enough.
我已经说的够多了
How did my father get stuck back there?
我父亲怎会被困在那里?
Doniger gave him an hour.
多尼格给了他一小时
Things got harried, and I lost him in the woods.
碰上了点麻烦 我和他在林子里失散了
电影精选列表