嘿 伙计们 先进去吧
Hey, guys, go on in.
我马上就好 感谢你们的到来
I'll be right there, thank you for coming.
我们要感谢来到这里
We would like to thank everyone for coming out
来赞美布伦达·阿米莉亚·阿诺的一生
to celebrate the life of Brenda Amelia Arnaud.
布伦达生前深受爱戴
Brenda was well-loved.
她以会计和舞蹈老师的身份过完了这一生
She spent her life as as accountant and a dance instructor.
吉姆 我们爱你 我们是来支持你的
Jim, we love you; we're here for you.
-哦 谢谢 -你会挺过去的
- Oh! Yeah, thanks. - You're gonna get through it.
她享年54岁
She lived to the age of 54.
非常感谢 哦 谢谢
Thanks a lot. Oh, thank you.
她走的太早了
She left us too soon.
剩下三个孩子
She was survived by three children,
肖恩 还有摩根及詹姆斯.
Shane, Morgan, and James.
詹姆斯今天在这里
James is with us here today,
他打算说几句话
and he's like to say a few words.
詹姆斯 请上台来 好吗
James, would you please join us, please?
哦 好的 谢谢
Oh yeah. Yeah, thanks.
对不起
Sorry.
你还有什么需要的吗 准备好了吗
Do you have everything you need? You're prepared?
不了 不用了 我没事 非常感谢
Oh yeah, no, I'm fine. Thank you so much.
嘿 大家好
Hey, everybody.
感谢你们的到来
Thank you for coming.
布伦达有着自♥由♥的精神
Brenda was a free spirit.
她是个好母亲
She was a wonderful mother.
生了三个孩子
She had three children.
我哥哥和妹妹今天没能过来
My brother and my sister couldn't make it today
但我已经和他们通了电♥话♥
but I've spoken to them on the phone.
她还有7个孙子
She had 7 grandkids
她非常爱他们
who loved her very much.
她也是一个注册会计师
She was a certified public account,
同时还经营着舞蹈学院
and she ran the dance academy
在城里一直到大约
here in town until about
2009年 在旧药店旁边
2009? Next to the old drug store.
我的母亲
My mother
生前并不相信这些
didn't believe in any of this!
并不是说这不好
Not that that's a bad thing
她从来不说别人坏话
she never judged anybody
还爱着所有人
and, loved everybody, and
关心着每一个人
cared for everybody, and
而且从来不把自己放在第一位
never put herself first, it seems like
就像听一些
hearing some-
抱歉 非常感谢你们能过来
sorry yeah, thank you so much for comin
凯文和马特 你们都来了 朱迪
Kevin, Matt, we got people here, Judy
谢谢你们 这对我很重要 谢谢
Thank you, it means a lot, thank you
我母亲热衷于慈善事业
My mother was an extremely charitable woman
小时候她曾向我的学校捐赠过一次
she donated to my school once when I was a kid
我年级有个叫凯特琳的女孩
There was this girl in my grade named Caitlin
她得了唐氏综合症
and she had Down's Syndrome
还是什么病来着
or she had something
她是
she was
她 不对 她是一个
she, no, she was a
她很可恶 她是个贱♥人♥ 这个女孩
she was horrible-she was a bitch, this girl
我知道不应该对一个小女孩
and I know you're not supposed to say that
说这种话 愿主祝福她 但是
about a little girl, bless her heart, but
她以前经常咬别的孩子
she used to bite kids a lot
她会直接冲你过来咬你
and she'd just come out at you
我以前经常做噩梦
and, I, the nightmares I used to have
实际上她还咬过一个老师
She actually bit a teacher and
无论如何
Anyway
我妈妈向学校捐了一千美元
My mom donated, like, a thousand dollars to the school
因为学校不让她在游乐场里玩
because she wasn't allowed to play on the play structures
太危险了
it was too dangerous
但我妈妈希望她能开心
but my Mom wanted her to -
所以学校给她建了一个小游戏室
so they built her a little playhouse and
我妈妈捐了一千美元
my Mom donated like a thousand dollars and
她不赞成把这个女孩排除在外
she didn't like the idea of her being left out
而且是匿名捐的
and she did it all anonymously!
她也没告诉任何人
She didn't tell anybody about it or anything
我就做不到这样
and I don't have that in me.
不管怎么样 呃 她就是这样一个人
Whatever that is, but uh, it was her, and-
今天早上我给别人开门
I opened the door for somebody this morning and I
他没有说谢谢 我都感到非常生气
got angry that they didn't say thanks
抱歉
Sorry.
我有一些东西 我写了一些东西
I had some stuff, uh, I had some stuff written down.
你讲的很好
You're fine.
当我们还是孩子的时候 会想一些东西
When you're a kid and you think about stuff, you
也学到关于建国之初的事情
learn about America and the founding-
托马斯·杰斐逊那些开国元勋们
Thomas Jefferson and all that.
但当你还是孩子的时候 你会觉得
But when you're a kid, you think about it and say
是啊 这些人完成了这些事
"Yeah, you know, these guys they did all this."
可对你来说没有任何意义
It doesn't mean anything to you.
然后你长大了
And then you grow up, and
你意识到 哇这些人太不可思议了
you realize, these guys were incredible
重要的是他们只是普通人
and they were just people
就像我们一样 生活 相爱
like us, who lived, and loved-
接着还得养育孩子
had a kid!
然后你想到你妈妈
And then you think about your mom
还有你♥爸♥爸
and your dad
以及他们在你长大的时候
and the stories they used to tell you
给你讲的故事 关于他们年轻的事
when you were growing up, of them, being young.
在他成为我妈妈之前 她只是布伦达
And before I called her Mom she was Brenda.
抱歉
Sorry.
我不知道我还能否继续
I don't know if I can keep going.
继续就行 你可以的
Keep going, you've got this.
是吗
Yeah?
你能做到 继续
You can do this, go on.
好吧
That's cool.
是的 我没事
Yeah, no, I'm fine.
她是那么的完美
She was just so wonderful and
而我在成长过程中还对她那么不好
I gave her hell growing up
我们对彼此都不好
we gave each other hell
这 在长大之后还会困扰我
and... it gets to you when you grow up
我现在反倒成了好人了
and I'm one of the good guys now!
我当时对她很刻薄
But I was just mean to her
我会对她撒谎
I'd lie to her
我不是故意的
I didn't mean to be
约翰·韦恩
John Wayne.
我有时会告诉我女儿
I tell my daughter sometimes,
嘿 千万不要对我说刻薄的话
"Hey, never say anything mean to me."
不是为了我 显然 你知道
Not for my sake, obviously, you know
我无所谓 我是个成年人
I can take it, I'm a grown man.
但你过后想起来的时候会后悔
But you would just hate for her to have to look back and
我当时太蠢了
I was just stupid.
我真是太蠢了
I was just so stupid.
我有 额
I have, um-
我是一个读写困难的人
I am a dyslexic.
我从来没有真正在意过
I never even think about it really,
当我在高中的时候
when I was in high school I had to listen to
我不得不听磁带来读书
all of these books on tape
这就好像你读书的时候把字都打乱了
it looks like the words are all jumbled up when you're reading
我能做到的 只是没那么快
I can do it, I'm just not that fast
但当我在路易斯安那州立大学上学时
but when I went to school at LSU
老虎队加油
Go Tigers.
我们发现学校不会有那样的东西给我去听
We found out they weren't gonna have anything like that for my textbooks
于是妈妈买♥♥了一台小录音机
and so my Mom bought a little tape recorder-
然后她会
and so she
她会把我要学的东西都念出来
and so she'd read all the things that I had to read so I could do
让我能在学校好好学习
well in school
这是她仅有的愿望
that's all she wanted.
我搞砸了
Screwed that up.
电影精选列表