卡尔·萨根曾经说过
Carl Sagan once said that human beings
人类就像蝴蝶 飞舞的时间短暂
are like butterflies who flutter for a day
却认为那就是永远
and think it's forever.
138亿年前
13.8 billion years ago,
宇宙大爆♥炸♥产生了恒星 行星和星系
the Big Bang created the stars, the planets, the galaxies.
可见的事实
Observable fact,
理性的思考
rational thought,
纯粹的科学
pure science.
这就是完美
Perfect.
宇宙大爆♥炸♥后 我的故乡也诞生了
The Big Bang also led to my home.
纽约
New York.
这座城市充满了
A city filled with
人性
humanity,
梦想
dreams,
失落
loss...
和爱情
love.
我们做的选择
The choice we make.
我们投身的道路
The path we choose.
我曾一直认为 人心
I always believed it would take a lifetime
是要花费一生才能读懂的
to understand the human heart.
然而最终
In the end, all it took
只需要短短一天
was a single day.
太阳也是星星
太阳
爸
Dad?
我得走了
I gotta run.
接受你的命运
Accept destiny.
那个 我有个预约
Okay, um, I have my appointment
8点钟在移♥民♥办公室
at the immigration office at 8:00.
宝贝女儿 别去受那个罪
Don't put yourself through that, baby girl.
放弃吧
Give it up.
我们受够律师了
We've been through lawyers.
塔莎【校对】
'Tasha.
我们已经努力太久了 娜塔莎·金斯利
We've tried for too long, Natasha Kingsley.
我们明天就走
We leave tomorrow.
回家去
We're going home.
但这里 这里才是我的家
But this... This is my home.
纽约才是我的家
New York is my home.
我得走了
I gotta run.
在学校过的开心点
Have a good day at school.
♪ 黑夜燃烧 少了你是如此寂寞 ♪
♪ Black burn, I feel so alone without you, boy ♪
♪ 我在街上漫无目的地游荡 ♪
♪ Now I'm here hanging out in the street ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我会带你看遍世界 ♪
♪ I will show you the world ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我会为你驱散梦魇 ♪
♪ I will cover your nightmares ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我会永远爱你 ♪
♪ I will love you forever ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我不会让你离开我 ♪
♪ I will not let you go oh, oh, oh ♪
♪ 我的灵魂与你同在非洲 ♪
♪ My soul is in Africa, with you, boy ♪
♪ 视入你明亮动人的眼眸 ♪
♪ Looking on your blazing eyes ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我会带你看遍世界 ♪
♪ I will show you the world ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我会为你驱散梦魇 ♪
♪ I will cover your nightmares ♪
♪ 来吧宝贝 来吧来吧 ♪
♪ Come, come, my baby come ♪
♪ 我不会让你离开我 ♪
♪ I will not let you go oh, oh, oh ♪
移♥民♥预约
登记
-我叫莱斯特·巴恩斯 -我叫娜塔莎·金斯利
- Lester Barnes. - Natasha Kingsley.
我在网上做了预约
I... I set up the InfoPass appointment
希望你们能够重新考虑我父母的案子
in order to retry my parents' case.
都在这个文件里
Everything's in this file.
你自便 让我读一下
Do yourself a favor, let me read it.
好的
Okay.
好的 我需要一些信息
Okay, here we go.
你父亲的名字
Father's name?
萨缪尔【校对】
Samuel.
你兄弟的名字
Your brother?
彼得【校对】
Peter.
-是你弟弟吗 -他11岁
- Younger? - Peter's 11.
他是在美国出生的吗
Was he born in the U.S.?
不 他是在牙买♥♥加出生的
No. He was born in Jamaica.
-我们在他四岁时搬来的 -你们家
- We moved when he was four. - Any family members
有人有美国公民身份吗
that are U.S. citizens?
没有 我查过了
No. I've looked.
你们什么时候能准备好离境
When are you all set to leave?
明天
Tomorrow.
明天吗
Tomorrow?
是明天
Tomorrow.
好吧
Okay.
你们的案子不归公民移♥民♥服务局受理了
Your case is no longer under USCIS jurisdiction.
什么意思
What does that mean?
你们必须离境了 这是最终决定
Your removal is final.
我很遗憾
Sorry.
所以你们没什么能做的了吗
So, there's nothing you can do?
你知道 我去过牙买♥♥加
You know, I've been to Jamaica.
那里很美
It's a beautiful place.
那里的一切都很棒
Everything there is irie.
你们没事的 真的
You know, you're gonna be okay.
好吧 就当没这回事吧
Yeah. Forget it.
等等
Hey, hey, hey.
你们不过是回牙买♥♥加
You're going to Jamaica.
这里还有人要回加沙的
Some people are going to Gaza in here.
还有回叙利亚 阿富汗的
to Syria, Afghanistan.
你们没事的
You're gonna be okay.
每个人都跟我说没事没事
Everybody tells me that I'm gonna be okay
我已经厌倦了
and I'm tired of it.
我已经在这里九年了
'Cause I've been here for nine years.
我本该在这里读高中最后一年
I'm supposed to be going into senior year,
好好学习高考化学
focusing on AP Chem,
上大学 还有其他一切生活
and college and all of that.
事实却是 我在这里
But instead I am here.
移♥民♥局是我最不想来的地方了
And this is the last place I wanted to be.
我不想来这里 美国是我的家啊
This is the last place, 'cause this is my home.
好了好了好了 我道歉 行了吧
Okay. Okay. Okay. I'm sorry, all right?
也许我们还可以搏一搏
Maybe there's something.
拿好这个
Take this.
我有个朋友 是做无偿志愿服务的
That's a friend of mine, does some pro bono work.
他叫杰里米·马丁内兹 是个律师
Jeremy Martinez. He's a lawyer.
你给他打电♥话♥吧
Call him.
你好 我想在今天预约
Hi, I'd like to set an appointment
杰里米·马丁内兹先生 谢谢
with Mr. Martinez today, please.
我叫娜塔莎·金斯利
My name is Natasha Kingsley.
具体是什么情况呢
What is this regarding?
我全家明天要被驱逐出境了
My family is being deported tomorrow
我们需要帮助
and we need his help.
很抱歉 马丁内兹先生今天行程很满
I'm sorry, Mr. Martinez is pretty booked today and...
听我说 我全家
Listen, listen. My family
-明天就得走了 -金斯利女士
- is leaving tomorrow... - Mrs. Kingsley...
我们一家人明天就得离开了
My family is leaving tomorrow.
能请你帮帮我吗 拜托 求你了
Can you please help me out? Can you? Please.
就这一次 我求你了
Just this one time. I'm begging you.
求你
Please.
我的父母一直梦想着让我们在这里生根
All my parents ever dreamed about was to bring us here.
好吧 我可以在中午为你安排15分钟
Listen, I can give you 15 minutes at noon,
在他吃饭的时候
which is his lunch.
不过只有这点时间
But that is it.
好的 这就够了 谢谢你
Okay, that's all I need. Thank you.
太谢谢你了 谢谢
Thank you so much. Thank you.
我的父母都是在蒙特哥贝上的大学
My parents both went to college in Montego Bay.