但你将被迫关门。
But you'll be forced to close.
这不是一场道德运动
This is not a moral crusade,
这对你来说可能比反对大企业更容易。
which might be easier for you to oppose than big business.
你必须关闭。
You must close.
大生意?
Big business?
这叫什么?
What do you call this?
顺便说一下,下周将通过一项法令
By the way, an ordinance is being passed next week
取缔这个和类似的机构。
outlawing this and similar establishments.
我已经按照自己的规矩生活了很长时间了
I have lived by my own ordinances for a long time now
我打算无视其他的一切。
and I intend to disregard all others.
你等着看我的手吗?
Oh, you waiting to see my hand?
小红帽,千斤顶。
Small flush, jack high.
这是另一个无人能敌的房♥子,
Here's another house no one can beat,
ace满。
aces full.
一件事,
One thing more,
我们还任命你为警♥察♥局长。
we are appointing you police commissioner also.
你接到命令让我今晚搬家了吗?
Have you been instructed to make me move tonight?
我们知道你需要五到六周
We know you need five or six weeks
做其他安排。
to make other arrangements.
那要等到中国新年吗?
Until about Chinese New Years then?
没错,中国新年。
That's right, Chinese New Year.
先生们,你们已经传达了信息
You've delivered the message, gentlemen,
我保证会考虑的。
I promise to think it over.
还有什么我能做的吗?
Is there anything else I can do?
我告诉他们你会通情达理的。
I told them you would be reasonable.
现在告诉我,那是谁
Now tell me, who is that
那边看起来很漂亮的生物?
wonderful looking creature over there?
我很高兴为您介绍。
I'll be glad to introduce you.
直到中国新年吗?
Until Chinese New Year then?
没错,中国新年。
That's right, Chinese New Year.
哇,中国黑社会的军阀来了,
Wow, here comes the warlord of the Chinese underworld,
直。
straight for us.
我是金·斯令妈妈。
I am Mother Gin Sling.
这是我的地盘,
This is my place,
我希望你能在书中找到你想要的一切。
I hope you will find in it everything you desire.
我可以介绍德米肖先生吗?
May I introduce Monsieur Demichaud?
你能告诉我你的名字吗?
Will you be kind enough to give me your name?
我叫史密斯,波比·史密斯
My name is Smith, Poppy Smith
这是我弟弟。
and this is my brother.
你不叫史密斯,他也不是你的兄弟。
Your name is not Smith and he is not your brother.
你真聪明。
That's beastly clever of you.
我说,我一直想见见你,金·斯令母亲,
I say, I've always wanted to meet you, Mother Gin Sling,
你能加入我们真是太好了。
it's awfully nice of you to join us.
我答应给史密斯小姐一个惊喜
I've promised Miss Smith a thrill,
天哪,就是这儿。
and by Jove, here it is.
你有什么?
What do you have?
谢谢,我不喝酒。
Thank you, I don't drink.
你不喝酒吗?
You don't drink, Mother Gin Sling?
你的名字是中文还是英文?
Is your name Chinese or English?
的确,金·斯令是英国人。
Indeed, Gin Sling is English.
在世界的这个地方,这是一个很常见的昵称
It's a nickname as common in this part of the world
因为饮料在柜台上出♥售♥。
as the drink sold over the counter.
为什么吊杜松子酒?
Why Gin Sling?
为什么不是威士忌苏打?
Why not Whiskey Soda?
还有个女孩叫威士忌苏打。
There was a girl called Whiskey Soda too.
还有一个叫马蒂尼小姐。
And another one called Miss Martini.
一个叫苏格兰威士忌,另一个叫本笃会。
And one called Scotch Highball, another Benedictine.
在其他地方,我可能会被叫做Rose,
In other places I might have been called Rose,
紫罗兰,莉莉,甚至波比。
or Violet, or Lily, or even Poppy.
不好意思,我有工作要做。
Excuse me, I have work to do.
你问得真周到,波比。
Way to ask for it, Poppy.
找出那个叫史密斯的女孩,
Find out who that Smith girl is,
我喜欢她,她很有精神。
I like her, she has spirit.
是的。
Right-o.
我以为我认识上海的每一个人,波比小姐。
I thought I knew everyone in Shanghai, Miss Poppy.
你一定是最近才来的。
You must have arrived quite recently.
就在上周,先生。
Just last week, monsieur.
我听说了很多关于你邪恶城市的事,
I've heard so much about your wicked city,
我一辈子都想看。
I wanted to see it all my life.
我在这里住了27年了。
I've lived here 27 years now.
如果你有什么想做或想看的
If there is anything you want to do or see
我听你差遣。
I'm at your disposal.
不用说,以最大的个人热情。
Needless to say, with the greatest personal enthusiasm.
现在有件事你可以帮我,先生。
There's something you can do for me right now, monsieur.
我一直想认识一位中国绅士,
I've always wanted to meet a Chinese gentleman,
比如你桌子上的那个。
that one at your table for instance.
他不是绅士,他是个买♥♥办。
Oh, he's no gentleman, he's a comprador.
你不会想见他的。
You don't want to meet him.
这有什么问题吗?
What's wrong with that?
你不喜欢游艇吗?
Don't you like yachts?
不是准将,而是买♥♥办。
Not commodore, but comprador.
中间人,
The go-between,
双肩携水而不洒,
carries water on both shoulders without spilling any,
双方都要钱,
takes money from both sides,
这是小事,小姐。
it's trifle shady mademoiselle.
你会保护我的,先生。
You'll protect me, monsieur.
我很想见见他。
I'd love to meet him.
[说外语]
[speaking in a foreign language]
那是什么?
What's that?
我们以后会说法语。
We'll speak French later.
[讲外语]
[speaks in a foreign language]
你在忙什么维多利亚
What are you up to, Victoria?
我本可以给你介绍一位中国绅士。
I could've introduced you to a Chinese gentleman.
快去打电♥话♥说我要迟到了,
Run along and phone that I'll be late,
他们可能会感到不安。
they might become uneasy.
我在等老板,
I'm waiting to see the boss,
她还要多久才会出现?
how long before she turns up?
我不懂英语。
Me no savee English.
你仔细听一分钟就会明白的。
You'll savee if you listen closely for a minute.
大人物,头号♥人物,
Big shot, number one man,
我是说头号♥女人。
I mean number one woman.
你知道女人是什么吗?
You know what a woman is?
女人。
Woman.
女人。
Woman.
女人。
Woman.
[讲外语]
[speaks in a foreign language]
是的,我想你是对的,
Yeah, I guess you're right,
我最好等。
I better wait.
(不安音乐)
[uneasy music]
史密斯小姐,这位是豪先生,
Miss Smith, this is Mr. Howe,
我们最有影响力的商人之一。
one of our more influential merchants.
我很有影响力
I was influential, I was,
但我现在退休了,如果你愿意,退休了。
but I'm retired now, if you please, retired.
我有五个妻子,也退休了。
And I have five wives, also retired.
我在找6号♥。
And I'm looking for number six.
我们法国人已经受够了
We French have enough with one,
一次一个。
that is one at a time.
说到妻子,你叫什么名字,史密斯小姐?
Speaking of wives, what is your first name Miss Smith?
我的名字吗?
My first name?
你觉得波比怎么样,豪先生?
How do you like Poppy, Mr. Howe?
波比,那是一朵花
Poppy, that's a flower
那给我的家庭带来了很多麻烦。
that's caused my family a lot of trouble.
例如,我那不值得的曾祖父
My unworthy great-grandfather, for instance,
在1842年的鸦♥片♥战争中……
in the opium war of 1842...
这是我最好的朋友,奥马尔。
This is my very best friend, Omar.
史密斯小姐罂粟。
Miss Poppy Smith.
你是埃及买♥♥办吗?
And you, are you an Egyptian comprador?
不,我是医生,奥马尔医生,来自上海
No, I'm a doctor, Doctor Omar, of Shanghai
和Gommorah。
and Gommorah.
和诗人奥马尔有什么关系吗?
Any relation to the poet Omar?
电影精选列表