我想考尔德一直在找朗曼。
I think calder's been trying to find longman.
我们上个星期把听筒从电♥话♥里拿下来了。
We took the receiver off the hook last week.
眼下,我们对这个世界完全没有承诺。
We're deeply uncommitted to the world just now.
哦,是板球。
Oh, it's cricket.
我们买♥♥了一辆漂亮的旧车。拉贡达。
We've bought a beautiful old car. A lagonda.
这听起来不像是女神吗?
Doesn't that sound like a goddess?
朗曼是个出色的车手。
Longman's a marvelous driver.
我们有时会带着孩子们在街上对人♥大♥喊大叫。
We sometimes take the children and shout at people in the street.
不过,不是在晚上。
Not in the evenings, though.
然后,就只有我们两个了。
Then, we're alone.
昨晚,前灯上布满了蚊子之类的东西。
Last night, the headlights got quite covered with midges and things.
乌纳。
Oonagh.
乌娜,这是怎么回事?
Oonagh, what is all this about?
我恋爱了,泰特。这对你来说没有任何意义吗?
I'm in love, Tate. Doesn't that mean anything to you?
不,没什么。
No, nothing.
就像疼痛一样,它是无法交流的。
Like pain, it's incommunicable.
我恋爱了。
I'm in love.
我知道呀。你一直都是。但为什么突然间这..。
I know. You always have been. But why suddenly this...
泰特,你多大了?
Tate, how old are you?
我比你大。
I'm older than you are.
你一点都不老。你就像是可怜的,亲爱的老夏佩,
You're not old at all. You're like poor, dear old sharpey,
永远挂在男人和男孩之间,纯粹的科学家。
suspended forever between man and boy, pure scientist.
乌纳。夏佩..。
Oonagh. Sharpey...
别担心。我去煮点咖啡。
Don't worry. I'm going to make some coffee.
-朗曼在里面.去看看他吧。-朗曼?
- Longman's in there. Go and see him. - Longman?
当我是房♥客的时候,你常常叫他比这更粗鲁的话。
You used to call him something ruder than that when I was the lodger.
我已经失去了幽默感。这是其中的一部分。
I've lost my sense of humor. That's part of it.
水獭?-不,是我
- Otter? - No, it's me.
你好,脏兮兮的。什么风把你吹来?
Hello, tatty. What brings you here?
哦,我给你妻子带来了这盘录像带。
Oh, I brought this tape for your wife.
把它们倒在桌子上,好吗?
Just dump them on the table, would you?
你还没看报纸呢。
You haven't read the paper.
不,不,不。
No, no, no.
令人惊讶的是,如果你真的去尝试,你会得到多么脱节的感觉。
It's amazing how out of touch you can get if you really try.
朗曼,我带来了一些..。
Longman, I've brought some...
我们有一辆新车。至少在1931年是新的。
We've got a new car. At least new in 1931.
我们有了一个对与世隔绝感兴趣的新人。
We've got a new man interested in isolation.
来自伦敦的梅杰·霍尔。
Major hall from London.
他还对夏佩感兴趣。
He's also interested in sharpey.
那Sharpey呢?
What about sharpey?
好吧..。
Well...
好吧,来吧,回答我。
Well, come on, answer.
好吧,答案就在那里。
Well, the answer's in there.
我去帮乌娜煮咖啡。
I'll go and help oonagh make the coffee.
他真的跟你说了什么吗?
He really has told you something?
夏佩死了。
Sharpey's dead.
他自杀了。
He killed himself.
把托盘端起来,好吗,破烂?
Take the tray up, will you, tatty?
他从诺曼那里带来了录像带。
He's brought the tapes from Norman.
你想上去然后..。
Do you want to go up and...
泰特,你为什么不告诉我?
Tate, why didn't you tell me?
没关系,水獭。赶快。
It's all right, otter. Come on.
我们应该谈谈。我们要推迟了。
We should talk. We're putting it off.
我们不敢说的是夏佩的死
What we're not daring to say is that sharpey's death
与实验有关。
had something to do with the experiment.
他继续说,不是吗?
He went on, didn't he?
-是你,对吗?-不是.
- It was you, wasn't it? - No.
-是他,对吗?-我不知道.
- It was him, wasn't it? - I don't know.
-我真的不知道.-就是你.
- I really don't know. - It was you.
坦克里传来的扭曲而可怕的声音。
That voice, distorted and horrible from the tank.
不,亲爱的。不是我♥干♥的。为什么诺曼没有看到
No, darling. It wasn't me. Why didn't Norman see
-带子被擦干净了?-是你!
- that the tape was properly wiped? - It was you!
-不是我,亲爱的.-是的,就是这样!
- It was not me, darling. - Yes, it was!
听。听着,冷静,亲爱的。听。
Listen. Listen, be calm, darling. Listen.
你听到的不是我的声音。
It wasn't my voice you heard.
那是夏佩的。
It was sharpey"s.
我就知道它会结束的。我就知道。
I knew it would end. I knew it.
绝不可能。
Never.
你别那么说呀。别说永远不会。
Don't say that. Don't say never.
为什么不行?
Why not?
我也不知道原因。看在上帝的份上,我们出去吧。
I don't know why. For god's sake, let's go out.
当你和夏佩一起工作的时候,他是不是走到了这一步?
Had sharpey gone as far as this when you were working with him?
不是的。不,不,不。那一定是..。
No. No, no, no. That must have been...
那一定有五个小时了。
That must have been five hours in.
现在,你知道我为什么不继续了吗?
Now, do you wonder why I wouldn't go on?
为什么我要逃跑?
Why I tried to escape?
我明白了。敬乌纳。
I see. To oonagh...
当你害怕的时候,爱是非常重要的。
Love's very important when you're afraid.
这不仅仅是身体上的问题。不止于此。
It's not just physical. It's more than that.
爱就是生存。
Love is survival.
这对她是否公平?
Has it been quite fair to her?
公平吗?
Fair?
Oonagh和我一直相爱
Oonagh and I have been in love with each other
从我们相遇的第一天起。
from the very first day we ever met.
12年来的每一分钟。
Every minute for 12 years.
只是现在更锋利了。就这样。
It's just sharper now. That's all.
就像一开始一样。
Like it was in the beginning.
这是怎么回事,这位少校...他叫什么名字?
What did this, this major... What was his name?
-霍尔少校。-是的,霍尔少校.
- Major hall. - Yes, major hall.
他对Sharpey说了些什么?
What did he have to say about sharpey?
他的底线再清楚不过了。
His line couldn't be clearer.
-Sharpey显然遇到了错误的人。-他总是见错人。
- Sharpey evidently met the wrong people. - He was always meeting the wrong people.
是啊,但他不是总能拿到装满5块钱的公文包。
Yeah, but he wasn't always given a briefcase full of fivers.
这位少校似乎认为这是合理的。
The major seems to think that that adds up.
二加二就是叛国罪。
Two plus two makes treason.
夏尔佩?
Sharpey?
哦,不。不是的。
Oh, no. No.
你不会相信的,是吗?
You're not believing that, are you?
泰特,你已经忘了那个人了吗?
Tate, have you forgotten the man already?
不,我觉得很难解释。
No, I find it hard to explain.
嗯,可能是这样。但这肯定是有原因的。
Well, that may be so. But there must be an explanation.
与其说他是和平主义者,不如说他是爱国者。
He was even more of a patriot than he was a pacifist.
当然,他不是叛徒。
Of course, he wasn't a traitor.
如果你有什么想法,最好把它们告诉少校。
If you've any theories, you'd better tell them to the major.
我必须把这个拿回去,好好擦一擦。
I must take this back and get it properly wiped.
垂柳不是应该是不吉利的吗?
Isn't a weeping Willow supposed to be unlucky?
我不知道。是吗?
I don't know. Is it?
我记得Sharpey在他的花♥园♥里有一个。
I remember sharpey had one in his garden.
你要回去了,是吗?
You're going back, aren't you?
是。我必须这么做。
Yes. I must.
这不可能是对的。
It can't be right.
夏尔佩不是那种人。
Sharpey wasn't that kind of a man.
但他还是自杀了。
And yet he killed himself.
为什么?
Why?
是不是和这个实验有关?
Was it something to do with the experiment?
录音带上那个可怕的声音?
That awful voice on the tapes?
你要回实验室了?那辆可怕的坦克?
You're going back to the lab? That horrible tank?
那些尖叫声?
Those screams?
是谁啊?
Who is it?
我想我可能会问你同样的问题。
I thought I might ask you the same question.
啊,泰特。考尔德给了我实验室钥匙。
Ah, Tate. Calder gave me the lab key.
我在继续我的学业。
I'm continuing my education.
我看到百叶窗是开着的。
Well, I saw the shutters were open.
我的大脑慢慢地跳动起来。
My brain ticks over slowly.
我认为这只是一个延伸,对吗?
Am I right in thinking this is merely an extension
你给我看的那部电影?
of the film you showed me?
这个水箱和邦沃卢瓦博士在北极的小屋一样吗?
This tank is the same as Dr. bonvoulois' hut in the arctic?
还是学生们被关在隔间里?
Or the cubicles the students were shut in?
这不仅仅是一种延伸。这是一种改进。
It's more than an extension. It's a refinement.
你能解释一下吗?
Do you think you could explain?
电影精选列表