帕丁顿。牛津列车。
Paddington. Oxford train.
打车吗,霍尔医生?出租车。
Taxi, Dr. hall? Taxi.
现在停在1号♥站台的火车是开往牛津的。
The train now standing at platform 1 is for Oxford.
哦,夏佩教授。
Oh, professor sharpey.
泰特。对不起。
Tate. I'm sorry.
-我设法给我们弄到了几个座位-很好,很好
- I've managed to get us a couple of seats. - Good, good.
-你还好吗?-是的,非常好.
- You all right? - Yes, perfectly all right.
-你确定吗-是的是的伦敦很累人。
- Are you sure? - Yes, yes. London is very tiring.
打扰了。
Excuse me.
有一个虚构的故事说著名的爱因斯坦博士
There is an apocryphal story that the famous Dr. Einstein
当在这条火车路线上旅行时
while traveling on exactly this train route
在他的相对论发表之前
before the publication of his relativity theory
问的是,“牛津在这趟火车上停吗?”
is asking, "does Oxford stop at this train?"
我觉得这是一则有趣的轶事。
I find this an amusing anecdote.
绝对是这样。
Absolutely so.
我在想,最有趣的是
I am thinking, what is particularly amusing
关于这则轶事,
about this anecdote,
或许用哲学家的栗子来形容更合适一些,
which might perhaps be better described as a philosopher's Chestnut,
这件事应该发生在……
is that the incident is supposed to have taken place in...
夏佩!
Sharpey!
发动机停了。
The engine's stopped.
噢,天啊。现在火车要晚点了。
Oh, dear. Now the train will be late.
他已经死了。你认识他吗?
He's dead. Did you know him?
是夏佩教授。
It's professor sharpey.
这是最不寻常的悲剧。
It was the most extraordinary tragedy.
他只是站了起来,从车厢里跳了出来。
He simply got to his feet and jumped out of the compartment.
也许你们可以把你们的名字告诉警卫。
Perhaps you'd give your names to the guard.
-你是警♥察♥吗,先生?-不完全是
- Are you a police officer, sir? - Not exactly.
这是他的公文包。
It's his briefcase.
这是钱。
It's money.
一大笔钱。
A great deal of money.
你最好把它交给警卫。
You'd better give it to the guard.
-霍尔少校。-你真聪明。
- Major hall. - That's very clever of you.
我不会忘记面孔。导演在他的房♥间里。
I don't forget faces. The director's in his room.
这是“重大”,不是吗?或者是“医生”?
It is "major," isn't it? Or is it "doctor"?
两者都有。
It's both.
你是在给我介绍霍布森的选择。
You're presenting me with Hobson's choice.
我们的部分工作是保密的,所以我不能阻止你进来。
Part of our work is classified, therefore I can't stop you from coming in.
但我可以以实验室主任的身份给你我的意见。
But I can give you my opinion as director of the labs.
这对工作和场所气氛都无济于事
It can't help the work or the atmosphere of the place
让保安来问问题。
to have a security man asking questions.
有人向夏佩教授支付了一千英镑的钞票。
Somebody paid a thousand pounds in notes to professor sharpey.
我认识他昨天在伦敦看到的人。
And I know the people he saw in London yesterday.
我告诉你,我有叛国罪的证据。
I'm telling you, I have evidence of treason.
我对此并不感到惊讶。
That doesn't surprise me.
恐怕你没听懂我的意思。
I'm afraid you're missing my point.
-你不惊讶吗?-当然不惊讶.
- Doesn't surprise you? - Of course, it doesn't.
-你不喜欢夏佩?-我非常喜欢他.
- You didn't like sharpey? - I liked him very much.
我和他断断续续地共事了20多年。
I worked with him off and on for over 20 years.
任何否认的人
And anybody who denies
他是我们这个时代最伟大的生理学家之一,他一定是个傻瓜。
he was one of the greatest physiologists of our time must be a fool.
但是,尽管他的用意是好的,但他禁止了轰炸,
But, with all his good intentions, his ban the bombism,
他的和平主义,他所有的左翼分子,
his pacifism, all his leftisms,
他在政♥治♥上就像一个七岁的孩子一样天真。
he was as naive politically as a child of seven.
美国人知道这有多危险。
And the Americans knew how dangerous that was.
这就是他们把他扔出太空的原因--生理学。
That's why they flung him out of space-physiology over there.
他们从未证明过任何对他不利的东西。
They never proved anything against him.
他一回到这里,就遇到了所有这些奇怪的绅士
As soon as he was back here, he was meeting all these strange gentlemen
他们的靴子上印着中欧名字和雪花。
with central European names and snow on their boots.
文化依恋。你知道。
Cultural attaches. You know.
当时里面什么都没有。
There was nothing in it then.
直到最近,他一直保持着完全的正直。
He had complete integrity until very recently.
直到最近几周。
Until the last few weeks.
突然间,他不再是一个仁慈的老教授
Suddenly, he's no longer a humane old professor
为和平而抗♥议♥。
protesting for peace.
他拿了钱。
He's taking money.
他正在和专业人士交谈
He's talking to the professionals
从通风良好的电♥话♥亭或公园的座位上。
from drafty telephone boxes or on park seats.
叛国罪的整个冷酷的用具。
The whole chilly paraphernalia of treason.
我应该问几个问题不是很合理吗
Isn't it reasonable that I should ask a few questions
关于他今年夏天在这里的工作?
about his work here this summer?
关于他最亲密的同事?
About his closest colleagues?
你还是没听懂我的意思。
You're still missing my point.
就在我知道那个老人很危险的时候,
Just as I knew the old man was dangerous,
我知道你在这里问问题是在浪费时间。
I know that you're wasting your time asking questions here.
我相信,朗曼博士当时和他在美国。
Dr. longman was with him in America, I believe.
是。
Yes.
他还在这里和夏佩一起工作吗?
Was he still working with sharpey here?
如果你可以称之为工作的话。
If you can call it work.
朗曼已经六个星期没进实验室了。
Longman hasn't been in the lab for six weeks.
在那之前,他们还在进行太空生理学实验吗?
Until then, were they still experimenting on space physiology?
是。当然,除了他们的教学工作之外。
Yes. In addition to their teaching work, of course.
他们称之为“孤立”的一个方面。
An aspect of it they call "isolation."
我想它是有价值的。
I suppose it has some value.
对我来说,与世隔绝可能是一个很好的起点。
Isolation could make a good starting point for me.
我想知道更多关于它的情况。
I should like to know more about it.
你说朗曼不在这里?
Longman's not here, you say?
我可不这么认为。
I wouldn't think so.
还有没有人能帮我?
Is there anybody else who could help me?
嗯,我想应该有年轻的泰特吧。
Well, there's young Tate, I suppose.
他帮助完成了早先的低温工作。
He helped with the earlier low temperature work.
我可以把你介绍给他。
I could introduce you to him.
你很执着。
You're very persistent.
这就是军事头脑。
That's the military mind.
但你就不能做点什么吗?难道你没有预见到它的到来吗?
But couldn't you have done something? Couldn't you have seen it coming?
如果答案是显而易见的,那么问问题就没有多大意义。
There isn't much point in asking questions, if the answer's obvious.
-是的,但他在帕丁顿还好吗?-他说他累了.
- Yes, but was he all right at Paddington? - He said he was tired.
你真的认为这可能是一场意外吗?
Do you really think it could have been an accident?
我是说,那是在一个车站之后,不是吗?
I mean, it was after a station, wasn't it?
先生们,我不能赞同这种谈话。
Gentlemen, I can't approve of this sort of talk.
这样的闲言碎语对实验室真的没有什么帮助。
It really doesn't help the lab to have this sort of gossip going on.
对不起,先生。
Sorry, sir.
他是谁?
Who's he?
我亲爱的朋友,你不应该鼓动这样的谈话。
My dear fellow, you mustn't encourage that sort of talk.
他们天生就有好奇心。这不就是我们训练他们成为的人吗?
They're naturally curious. Isn't that what we train them to be?
当然,我明白。我们都在一种紧张感下工作。
Of course, I understand. We're all working under a sense of strain.
你是来代替朗曼的吗?
You're standing in for longman here?
-他病了。-哦,是的。
- He's ill. - Oh, yes.
我知道朗曼有他自己的方法,甚至拒绝接他的电♥话♥。
I know longman has his own methods, even to refusing to answer his telephone.
好吧,不要紧,你必须再替他一次。
Well, never mind, you must just stand in for him again.
我想让你见见军事情报局的霍尔少校。
I want you to meet major hall from military intelligence.
我们已经见过面了。
We have already met.
你好。
Hello.
-他也是一名科学家。-我是的.
- He's also a scientist. - I was.
他对与世隔绝很感兴趣。
And he's interested in isolation.
如果你能帮我的话。恐怕这对我来说都是新鲜事。
If you'd help me. I'm afraid it's all quite new to me.
我当然不能对此说教。
I certainly can't lecture on it.
我知道的并不比你多。
I don't know much more than you do.
-我什么都不知道.-我就是这个意思.
- I know nothing. - That's what I mean.
嗯,你可以从电影开始。这会让他陷入困境。
Well, you can start with the film. That'll put him in the picture.
-夏佩的胶卷?-在我这里.
- Sharpey's film? - I've got it here.
-那我们最好把百叶窗拉下来。-嗯,我还有工作要做.
- Then we'd better pull down the blinds. - Well, I've got work to do.
等你吃完了,也许你能找到回我房♥间的路。
When you've finished, perhaps you could find your way back to my room.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我听说朗曼博士在美国和夏佩共事过。
I gather Dr. longman worked with sharpey in the states.
那个百叶窗还没完全合上。
That blind is not quite shut.
我们现在准备好了,如果您愿意坐下来的话。
We are ready now, if you'd care to sit down.
对,诺曼。
Right, Norman.
1960年4月的北极圈。
The arctic circle in April 1960.
就是这间小屋
This is the hut
电影精选列表