And where is the fearsome old warrior Falstaff
老战士福斯塔夫在哪里
about whom I've heard so much?
我们渡海之后你就一直沉默
You've been mute since we crossed the sea.
我似乎是自己兼任军师
I seem to be serving as my own chief tactician,
司令和顾问
my own commander, my own counsel.
那位令人闻风丧胆的福斯塔夫在哪里
Where is the fearsome old warrior Falstaff?!
我只在有话可说时开口
I speak only when there's something to be said.
战争中 我见得太多了
Too often have I seen men of war
人们为自我满足而行动
invent work for themselves,
而这只会带来虚荣和屠♥杀♥
work that leads to nothing but vainglory and slaughtered men.
我不是那种人
I'm not that man.
这是您自己挑起的战争
And this here is the war that you have chosen to wage.
我这就亲手把你开膛破肚
I will disembowel you right here with mine own hand.
您也不是那种人
You are not that man, either.
晚上好 大人
Evening, M'Lord.
-各位好 -大人
- Gentlemen. - M'Lord.
多塞特大人
Lord Dorset,
叫你脚程最快的骑士来
summon your fastest rider.
是 陛下
My liege.
达特茅斯
Dartmouth!
大人们 有何吩咐
Sires. What can I do for you?
告诉我山那边有什么 速去速回
Tell me what lies over that hill. Ride fast, return directly.
是
Hyah!
我们人数和地形都不占优势
We are both outnumbered and out-positioned.
他们有斜坡作为优势
They have the downslope in their favor.
而我们作为进攻方本身就处于劣势
Our need to advance puts us already at disadvantage.
我们等得越久 他们聚集的兵力越多
The longer we wait, the larger their force will grow,
我们在时间上也不占优势
and with it, our disadvantage.
大人 你的弓手本领高超
Your archers, my lord, are of superior faculty.
法国弩箭根本不是英格兰长弓的对手
French crossbow is no match for an English longbow.
我们只用长弓就能在第一击
We should hobble their number on first assault
削减他们的数量
by these means alone.
如果约克在中心发动进攻面对四行骑兵
York's charge in center faces four lines of mounted knights.
我们的弓手也许能干掉他们半数 但...
Our archers here might weaken those by half. But...
但对付不了八行
But not eight lines.
九行 十行 更多
Nine. Ten. More.
您说得对 陛下
You speak true, my liege.
我们等得越久 劣势越明显
The longer we wait, the greater our disadvantage.
有可能我们的劣势
But it is possible our disadvantage
早已不可克服
has already grown insurmountable.
有很多士兵已经饥病交迫
A great many men are already desperately ill and weak from hunger.
那么 大人
What then, my lord,
你怎么建议
do you propose we do?
我建议考虑回程 陛下
I propose we consider turning back, my liege.
我明白回程不会带来我们渴望的结果
I know it will not bring the outcome we desire,
但损兵折将也不是我们想要的
but nor will the evisceration of our army.
我无法代表其他人发言
I'm reticent to speak for others here now,
但我相信不止我如此担忧
but I'm certain my fears are shared.
谁同意多赛特大人的观点
Who here agrees with Lord Dorset?
您能打赢这场战役
You can win this battle.
是吗 约翰爵士
Is that so, Sir John?
是的
Yes.
具体解释一下 约翰爵士
And precisely how is that so, Sir John?
下马 卸甲 轻兵步战
You fight without horses and without armor.
老天在上 请让这人把嘴闭上吧
Heavens above, please spare us from this man.
他们前线的防御阵容是骑兵
Their forward defense is a front line of mounted men.
数量众多
Many deep.
全是骑士
Knights all.
都骑着马
All on horseback,
穿着重甲
all with heavy armor.
那边那片地
The ground out there...
地势低洼
is a flood bowl,
已经吸了不少水
already half-sodden.
等今晚一下雨 我确定会下雨
When it rains tonight, as I know it will,
地面就会泥泞不堪
that ground will turn into a muddy bog.
他们的马匹和重甲
And with their horses and their armor,
会让他们泥足深陷
they will get stuck,
他们会摔下马
they will fall,
像肚皮朝天的甲虫一样挣扎
and they will flounder like upturned beetles.
我们也一样
As shall we.
除非我们轻装上阵
Not if we travel light,
不骑马 不着甲
without horses and without armor.
我们会拥有速度和机动优势
Speed and mobility will be our advantage.
约翰爵士
And how, Sir John,
你怎么能确定今晚会下雨
can you be so sure of rainfall tonight?
我的右膝疼
My right knee is aching.
只有在快下雨的时候才会疼
It only does that when rain is near.
不是吧 陛下 请让他别说胡话了
Save us, my liege. Please put a stop to this drivel.
这样需要
This would require
他们佩戴盔甲的前锋在泥地里迎战
their armored front line come meet us in the mud.
你建议我们如何引诱他们进去
How do you propose we invite that?
我们自己派出一小队佩戴盔甲的兵力
A small forward armored attack of our own.
佯装进攻
A false advance.
两只队伍相遇
They will counter.
我们留着强有力的队伍
We save our weight and our muscle
从侧翼发起灵活的攻势
for a nimble assault from the flanks.
他们不会这么容易被骗的
They shan't be so easily deceived.
佯装进攻他们是不会迎战的
They will not respond to false attack.
他们会的
They will respond.
我们进攻 他们就会到泥地里与我们交战
We move, they will meet us in the mud.
我们的兵力在数量上处于劣势
Our men-at-arms are outnumbered.
他们知道到这一点
This they know.
他们会希望击溃我们
They will hope to overwhelm us,
所以他们会发动全部兵力迎战
so they will meet us with full force,
不论我们的第一批进攻的兵力有多小
no matter how small our first advance.
我们弓箭将从上方如暴雨般洒下制♥造♥混乱
Our great longbows will rain chaos on them from above.
这混乱就是你的优势
That chaos will be your favor.
陛下 我恳求您 我们一定不能
My liege, I implore you, we mustn't...
我们一定不能听这个疯子的话
we mustn't listen to this madness.
这个人到底有什么实战经验
What is the true experience of this man?
多年前他曾为理查国王而战
He once fought for Richard many years ago.
从那之后 他一事无成
Since then, he has done nothing...
只会和自己的同伴骑马乱逛
other than ride with the companies,
抢劫欺压别人
robbing and tormenting.
被我抢劫的人都是自作自受
I never robbed anyone who didn't deserve to be robbed.
如果今晚下雨
If it rains tonight,
我们明天就出战
we fight tomorrow.
如果你只是为了向我证明你的价值而编造了这个
If you have concocted this plan, half-baked and speculative,
未经深思熟虑的投机计划
merely to prove to me your worth,
请你现在就告诉我
please say so now.
所有的计划都是投机
All plans are speculative.
我说了 我只说我相信的话
And as I say, I only speak them when I feel them true.
这次我从骨子里相信
This one I feel in my bones.
这次我从膝盖骨里相信
This one I feel in my knee bone.
我们正处于大战前夕 而我...
Here we are on the eve of this fight, and I am...
我却不敢去想
I am scared to wonder,
坦诚地讲
to tell it true,
我们为什么来这里
why we are here.
您最好找出这个问题的答案
You best discover the answer for that.
外面的士兵理应得到答案
The men out there deserve it.
他们把性命托付给您
They've given their lives to you.
我不知道是什么力量驱使您来到这里
I cannot say what forces have conspired to bring you here,
但是这些人需要您
but these men need you,
正如您需要他们一样
just as you need them.
这些人理应得到您的信心
These men deserve your confidence.
如果这您给不了他们
And if you cannot give them that,
至少编一段精美的谎言
at least then tell them a magnificent lie.
尽管你也许觉得不可能
Though you might not think it possible...
但你是我的朋友
you are my friend.
晚安 哈尔
Good night, Hal.
睡个好觉
电影精选列表