逃出国家了
Out running the country?
他走了 他们都走了
He's gone. They all have.
好吧 就剩咱两了
Well, then there's just you and me.
一定有其他人 收音机有紧急广播
There must be others. There's an emergency broadcast on the radio.
好吧 放给我听听 希尔达
Well, play it for me, Hilda.
我身边的是植物专家 比尔·马森博士
'With me is triffid expert, Dr Bill Masen.
博士 人们应该了解植物些什么特征
'Dr Masen, what do people need to know about the triffids?
它们相当凶残
'They're extremely dangerous.
怎么个凶残法
'And how are they dangerous?
它们做了什么
'What do they do?
这些植物体积庞大 食肉 可以自己移♥动♥
Well, triffids are large, carnivorous plants that can move independently.
但因为人们失明了
'But because of the blinding they...'
我去做
I'll make it.
然后我们可以去兜兜风
Then we can go for a little drive.
嗯
Hm?
乔
Jo Jo.
乔 起来
Jo, wake up.
刚看到两个从城发出的火焰信♥号♥♥
Just saw two flares coming from the city.
信♥号♥♥ 好的
A signal? Yeah.
这意味着还有其他人
This means there's other people.
和我们一样 能够看见东西的人
People like us. People who can see.
这些植物比我想象中移♥动♥得还快
Triffids. Yeah, they're moving faster than I thought.
它们离城市只有几英里之遥了
They're only a couple of miles from the city.
比尔 那是谁
Bill, who is that?
你好
Hello.
嗨
Hi.
我是托伦斯
I'm Torrence.
从收音机里听说了
Heard on the radio
由植物引起的恐慌四处蔓延
there's a bit of panic developing about triffids.
在这先理清条理
Judging from the mess here,
我想他们是对的
I think they're right.
自己拿把枪把
Help yourself to guns.
有武器比较给力
We could do with some weapons.
我是乔 你一个人哦
I'm Jo. Are you on your own?
问这干嘛
Why do you ask?
我们准备重返城市
We're going to the city.
相信那里还有一群没有失明的人
We believe there's a sighted group there.
这么说吧 加入我们如何
Tell you what, why don't you come and join my group?
有谁参与
Who's in it?
我啊
Me.
我想我们自己能够搞定
I think we're fine on our own.
好
OK.
回头见
See you down the road.
托伦斯 啊
Torrence? Yeah?
你怎么能够看见
How come you can see?
走运呗
Luck.
我是海军工程师
I'm a naval engineer.
军用潜水艇
Military submarines.
那一切发生时我正在做例行维护
Got caught doing a routine maintenance when all that went up.
和我在一起的人
People I was with...
嗯
Well...
天气不错 乔
Enjoy the weather. Jo...
高兴见到你
Enchante.
系好安全带 希尔达
Seatbelt on, please, Hilda.
这公平吗
Is this justice?
让你的同胞留在黑暗中
To leave the rest of your fellow citizens in the dark?
你以为你很特别吗
Do you think you're special?
这些人不够好
These people aren't good enough?
你英国式的公平竞争感去哪了
Where's your British sense of fair play?
看看他们
Look at them!
难道我们就 冷眼旁观 任其死亡
Are we supposed to just stand by and let them die?
我们得帮他们
We have to help.
我以尽我所能
I've done everything I can
让其生还
to keep these people fed and safe.
当我一个人做不来
But I can't do it on my own!
能看见的人可以很轻松地照顾失明者
Everyone who can see can easily look after those who can't.
有朝一日 他们会发现治愈之法
One day they'll find a cure
然后这些人会知道
and these people will find out
谁是两肋插刀 谁是冷眼旁观
who helped and who looked away.
这些人和你一样有着生存的权利
These people have every right to live, the same as you!
够了 你和你的朋友一定要往里走
That's enough. You and your friends must move along.
我们哪都不去
We're not going anywhere.
来吧 伙计们 别理她 我们的人会开枪
Come on, guys. Release her. My men will shoot.
向盲人开枪 你不敢的
Shoot the blind? You wouldn't dare.
超过头顶 一次一个
Over their heads, one round.
离远点 不然下一个就会中弹的
Leave or the next ones will hit.
你有良心吗 我一点都不稀罕你的视力
Don't you have any compassion? You don't deserve to have your sight.
你们都没有
None of you do.
还没结束
It's not over.
我们该怎么做
What should we do?
我要知道这些人帮得上忙吗
I need to know if these people can help.
继续 和那些懦弱的人一起爬行
Go ahead. Crawl in there with the rest of the cowards.
目前我们有30人
There are 30 of us so far,
全部都视力良好 另外十个高度失明
all sighted and another ten highly-skilled, blind.
我们希望跟多人来
We expect more will come.
而且我们有自己的发电机
And we have our own generator.
你哪位 米歇尔·彼得里 在内政部工作
Who are you? Michele Beadley. I work for the Home Office.
所以这里还是属于政♥府♥
So there is still a government?
不 就我们 如果你想加入 那你就得尽职尽责
No. Just us. If you want to join us, you'll have to pull your weight.
具体做些什么
Do what, exactly?
搜寻必要的补给物资
To forage for essential supplies.
上校已经给我们列了清单
The colonel has lists of what we need.
你们有什么办法防之受到植物的伤害
And what plans have you made to defend yourselves against the triffids?
我更关心我们的原子发电厂 马森先生
I'm more concerned about our nuclear power stations, Mr Masen.
是马森博士 而且
It's Dr Masen, and
原子发电厂不能移♥动♥ 植物们可以
nuclear power stations can't move, triffids can.
植物们会待在农场里的
The triffids will stay on the farms.
不会的 已经出来了
They won't and they're not.
纳尼 我看官方报告说 在这次事件中
Excuse me? I've read the official research. In the event...
这次研究是由特里夫公♥司♥授权
That research was commissioned by the Triffoil companies.
植物们需要食物 肉
Triffids need food, meat.
如果那里没有了 它们会去找的
If it's not there, they'll go and get it.
而我们是最好的佳肴
And the biggest available source of food is us.
他们很大 移♥动♥慢 容易躲避
They're large, slow, easy to avoid.
除非你失明了
Not if you're blind.
这些植物被改造成3年内会自动死亡
Triffids have been modified to die within three years
而且雄性植物在农场里受到严格的控制
and the male plants are under strict control on the farms.
金士顿的农场遭到破坏 雄性植物都逃出来了
Kingston Farm was sabotaged and the male plants have escaped.
当他们和雌性植物交♥配♥后 那后果会很严重
And when they start to pollinate the females it will be catastrophic.
那会要多久 几个月 数周
Which will take what, months, weeks?
可能是几天而已
It could be days.
好吧 无论后备计划是什么
Well, whatever emergency plans there were,
都不给力
they clearly can't be implemented.
所以我们首要保住的就
Therefore our priorities remain
是食物 燃料 武器和住所
as food, fuel, weapons and accommodation.
那些植物咋整
And what about the triffids?
这个 你是专家呐 你说怎么办
Well, you're the expert. What would you do?
别担心 我保证我会照顾你的 无论如何都会
Don't worry. I promised to look after you and I will, one way or another.
好 我是托伦斯 我是史蒂夫 你好
Yeah. I'm Torrence. I'm Steve. Hi.
科里你好 来见见科克尔上校
Cory. Hi. You better meet Major Coker.
科克尔上校 我是托伦斯
Major Coker. I'm Torrence.
托伦斯 嘿
Torrence, hey.
我在开车啦
I was driving.
看到你了
I saw you.
要帮忙吗
Need any help?
你说的对 失明者自己是活不下去的
You bet. The blind won't survive on their own.
所以我们想集结所有没失明的人
So we're planning to round up all the sighted we can,
看看他们是否想提供帮助
if they want to help or not.
你见到马森博士了吗 木有
Have you seen Dr Masen? No.
我们开始分配吧
Let's come to order.
电影精选列表