这怎么回事
'How did it happen?
为何世界淹没得这么快
'How did the world get swallowed up so quickly?'
比尔
Bill!
那是因为我们闭上了双眼
'It was because we had our eyes closed.
即使我们能够看见
'Even when we could see.'
比利
Billy! Billy!
我们让他们靠得太近
'And we let them get too close.'
比尔
Bill! Bill!
30年前 我妈妈被一株巨型三尖树刺死
'It had been 30 years since my mother was killed by a triffid.
她曾尝试着理解它们
'She was trying to understand them.
从那以来我一直做着同样的事
'I've been doing the same ever since.
对于我来说 仅仅是私事而已
'For me, it's always been personal.
在世界的其他角落
'For the rest of the world,
巨型三尖树仅是一个使用的解决方案
the triffids were simply a practical solution.
它们包含的油可以迅速取代矿物燃料
'They contained an oil that quickly replaced fossil fuels.
巨型三尖树成为了人类最好的哥们
'Triffids became man's best friend.
但他们没有预料到这样的后果
'But they didn't see the consequences.
而且他们又不肯听我劝说
'And I couldn't get them to listen.'
我正在拆开这个植物
I'm disconnecting this triffid.
确保它没有被激活
Confirmed.Triffid tether de-activated.
马森博士 你将开始进行感应测试
Dr Masen, you're clear to start your reaction test.
还在想着
Still trying to
从这个植物体内再掏点东西出来么
get something else out of the triffs,
比尔博士
Dr Bill?
嗯 是的
Well, yes.
我就是这样想的
I suppose I am.
你真以为它们能听见哦
You really think they can hear?
他们最多能够感受到水波的声响
More like they can feel the sound waves.
这个反应的时间
The reaction time...
这些植物繁殖得越来越快了
The triffids are getting faster with every new generation.
似乎他们会自行进化呢
They seem to be evolving on their own.
嗯 露西 喂
Um, Lucy... Yeah?
泰瑟 噢 抱歉
Taser. Oh, sorry.
谢了
Thank you.
通过培育这些植物来获取植物油很赚钱呐
'Breeding triffids for their oil came at a price.
石油公♥司♥不得不把他们藏起来
'The oil companies were forced to lock them away
忽悠整个世界
and keep the world in the dark.'
核对一下文件
Paper check.
好吧 我能看看你的文件吗
Sure. Can I see your papers?
一些人认为我们不该和大自然叫板
'Some thought we shouldn't interfere with Mother Nature.'
但却忽略了精炼厂里头潜伏着的危险
'Yet were ignorant to the danger that waited inside the refinery walls.'
等待着重见天日的那一刻
'Waiting for the chance to be free.'
我们果园系统有安全漏洞
We have an orchard security breach.
清楚明白 绑起植物
Received and understood. Tether the triffid.
没有支援就先别进果园
Do not enter the orchard without back-up.
才不呢 他们从没响过这么久 我现要进去
Negative. They'll never last that long. I'm going in now.
全部单位迅速前往果园
All units to the orchard immediately.
需要紧急援助确保安全
Security needs urgent assistance.
给哥回来 老实待着 不然她也会那样
Get back! Stay back, or she gets that again!
这里出了什么状况 啊
So what goes on in here, then, uh?
你在藏些什么
What are you hiding?
放回她的眼镜 然后我们就可以走了
Put her glasses back on and then we can talk.
眼镜 请放好它们
Glasses? Please, put them on.
请
Please.
我不要
I don't think so.
把我的给她吧
Put mine on her.
快啊
Please!
你来做啊
You do it.
哥晓得你是谁
I know who you are!
比尔·马森 博士
Dr Bill Masen.
我打赌植物们跟你很熟
I bet the triffids know exactly what you are.
那你该去听听它们的意见了 博士 嗯
You should listen to them, Doctor, huh?
你会学到些东西的
You might learn something,
除了偷它们的油
instead of stealing their oil,
瞎搞它们的基因
messing with their genes.
怎么啦 你说不过我啦 哼
What's wrong? You lost your tongue, huh?
你有什么看法 博士
You got an opinion, Doctor?
啊
Arrrgh!
人们得知道这里出什么状况了
People need to know what's going on in here!
把他弄出去
Get him out of here!
快看天空呐
Look at the sky!
老实待着 别动 啊
Stay where you are, don't move. Agh!
快看那太阳呐 看呐
Look at the sun! Look at it!
开门呐
Open the door!
让我走
Let me go!
给姐让开
Get out of the way!
比尔
Bill Bill.
噢 感谢国家 我以为我再也见不到你了
Oh, thank God. I thought I'd lost you.
这一定是一个年轻的植物
Must have been a young plant.
毒液囊还没有发育完全
Venom sac's not fully developed yet.
你撑着点 比尔博士
You hold on in there, Dr Bill.
我马上就在伦敦啦
We'll be in London soon.
他们声称这将是最伟大的灯光秀
They say it'll be the greatest light show ever.
南北的北极光看起来真是远的一比呐
Northern lights seen as far south
像夏威夷一样远
as Hawaii,
这才是货真价实的慧心的彩虹
a veritable rainbow of comets.
但也是全球变冷的另一个产物
But is it another result of the global cooling
巨型三尖树的科学家一直在王婆卖♥♥瓜
triffid scientists have been boasting about,
还是怎么的
or something else?
和我在一起的是天体学家爱德华 欢迎 教授
With me is astrophysicist Edward Vorless. Welcome, Professor.
那么 告诉我
So, tell me,
我们也用放烟火来感谢植物吗
do we have the triffids to thank for the fireworks, too?
噢 我们当然得感谢植物
Oh, we can certainly thank the triffids,
至少感谢
or at least
他们神奇的植物油
their marvellous oil
对阻止全球变暖起到的作用
for saving us from global warming.
但这烟火 不是的
But the fireworks, no.
那 这是什么状况
So, what is the cause?
太阳啊
The sun.
今晚将是见证奇迹的时刻
Tonight we will see its true power.
它将发动一场太阳风暴
It will unleash a solar storm.
气体和原子火将发生超级大爆♥炸♥ 并且发射
An unbelievably vast explosion of gas and nuclear fire that will send
数以亿计的辐射等离子射线到地球
billions of tons of irradiated plasma shooting towards the Earth.
那这对我们有危险吗 要不要先躲一下
And is there any risk to us? Any precautions we should take?
你以为你是人造卫星呐
Only if you are a satellite.
我们人类不会遭到伤害的
We humans will suffer no harm.
我们呢 就回去坐好 然后欣赏烟火
We should sit back and enjoy the fireworks.
好的 谢了 教授
Well, thank you, Professor.
所以 今晚我们将在全世界覆盖这个现象
So tonight we'll be covering this phenomenon from round the globe.
我老板甚至让我带上相机
My bosses are even putting me on camera.
你知道 你的人应该交代清楚
You know, you people should come clean
这些植物有多危险
how dangerous these plants are.
告诉我 为啥植物们总想找眼睛
Tell me, why do triffids always go for the eyes?
我哪里晓得
I don't know.
那就去弄明白啊
Well, you should find out.
我觉得可能因为你将有一半的几率失明
Cos I'd say you have a 50-50 chance of losing your sight.
或者没事
Or of keeping it.
你好 我是乔
'Hello, I'm Jo Playton, '
从伦敦市中心到这里找你
coming to you from the heart of London.
话说这天空还真是壮观呐
And the sky really is quite spectacular.
它看起来有些像北极光 就是亮了点
It's like the aurora borealis, only a lot brighter...
我们将会看到血色的天空 乔 找别人玩去
We can see the bloody sky, Jo. Talk to some people.
给他们照几张相
Get them on camera.
3 2 1 然后 我们将去悉尼
Three, two, one... Then, we're going to go to Sydney.
吉姆 你在上面
Jim, you're up.
乔 把他带进来 在千里之外发生
Jo, bring him in. ..happening millions of miles away.
然后 我将和这里的人聊天 观察他们的反应
Later, I'll be talking to people here and getting their reactions.
但现在 我们先去悉尼找吉姆·沃茨 好 吉姆
But now, let's go over to Jim Watts in Sydney. OK, Jim.
太阳真是刺眼 根本看不到天空嘛
The sun is so bright, it's really hard to see the sky.
乔 快下到管道里
Jo, get yourself down the Tube.
电影精选列表