Yeah
是的
Yeah
是的
Baby, don't make me spell it out For you
宝贝,别让我为你拼出来
All of the feelings That I've got for you
我为你拥有的所有感觉
Can't be explained But I can try for you
无法解释 但我可以为你尝试
Yeah, baby Don't make me spell it out for you
是的,宝贝,别让我为你拼出来
You keep on asking me the same questions Why?
你一直问我同样的问题 为什么?
What's the big deal with this book, anyway?
这本书有什么大不了的?
It's apparently all deep, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be about.
很显然,它很深,但我不知道它应该是什么
It's... It's about alienation.
它...是关于异化的
An alien nation? What? What chapter is that in?
一个陌生的国家?什么?这是什么一章?
No, no. Alienation.
不 不 异化
It's about Ignatius trying to find acceptance
是关于伊格纳蒂乌斯试图寻求接受
in a world that wants nothing to do with him.
在一个不想和他无关的世界里
Well, maybe he would find acceptance if he wasn't such a know-it-all?
好吧,如果他不是一切知道的,也许他会被接受?
I think his showing off his intelligence is just a way of protecting himself,
我认为他炫耀自己的智慧只是保护自己的一种方式,
which is kind of tragic because
这是一种悲剧,因为
the alienation is the source of his strength, but then...
疏离是他力量的源泉,但后来...
But it's also the source of his problems.
但这也是他问题的根源
I think you're starting to get it.
我想你开始得到它了
Um, I should probably go.
嗯,我该走了
Hey, look, you know...
嘿,听着,你知道...
I know I've only known you for, like, two minutes, but...
我知道我只认识你两分钟 但是...
would you maybe wanna...
你也许想...
Would I maybe wanna what?
我愿意做什么?
Um, never... Never mind.
嗯,从来没有...没关系
Never... Never mind.
从来 没有...没关系
You know that really, really, really tall girl
你知道,真的,真的,真的很高的女孩
that you go to school with?
你和学校一起上学?
The one that people call LeBron, Skyscraper, Daddy Long Legs?
人们叫勒布朗,摩天大楼,爸爸长腿?
Well, that's me.
嗯,是我
Sixteen years old, six foot one.
十六岁 六英尺一
And a half.
半个
Growing up, my height was of immense concern to my father.
长大后,我的身高是我父亲非常关心的
Dr. Seeger,
西格博士
our daughter is three years old.
我们的女儿三岁了
She just reached four feet.
她刚达到四英尺
It's not stopping.
不会停止的
Can't we give her hormones?
我们不能给她荷尔蒙吗?
I read that diethylstilbestrol is very effective in stunting a child's growth.
我读到,二醇醇在发育迟缓儿童生长方面非常有效
Honey, I don't think it's good to take anything with that many consonants.
亲爱的,我认为用那么多辅音拿任何东西不好
In some girls, diethylstilbestrol has successfully stunted growth.
在一些女孩, 二乙酰醇已经成功地发育不良.
You know, in others, it's caused a host of health problems.
你知道,在别人看来,这导致了很多健康问题
Infertility being one of them.
不孕不育是其中之一
Honey, this may be too soon to talk about, but
亲爱的,这也许太早了,但是
do you even want kids?
你还要孩子吗?
I continued to grow at a rapid pace.
我继续快速增长
And guess what?
猜猜怎么着?
Having back row, center placement in all of your class photos
所有类照片中都有后排、中心放置
isn't exactly a self-esteem booster.
不完全是自尊的助推器
Now I'm just trying to get through the day
现在我只是想度过一天
with as few people as possible asking me...
尽可能少的人问我...
Well, how's the weather up there?
那边的天气怎么样?
You think your life is hard?
你认为你的生活很艰难吗?
I'm a high school junior wearing size 13 Nikes.
我是一名高中三年级学生,穿着13号♥耐克
Men's size 13 Nikes.
男子尺寸13耐克
Beat that.
打吧
Ooh, you better
哦,你最好
Ooh, you better
哦,你最好
You better hit it 'Cause you should know better
你最好打它,因为你应该知道更好
Touch down on the stage And know I ain't come to play
触摸到舞台上,我知道我不是来玩的
Clap, clap when I sing So I know that you feelin' me
拍拍,拍手,当我唱歌♥,所以我知道你感觉我
Oh, if you live this loud Show it, show it, show it, oh
哦,如果你住这响亮的显示它,显示它,显示它,哦
Fareeda, how much longer do I have to endure this?
法雷达,我还能承受多久?
Just trying to start my next class off on a high note.
只是想以高调开始我的下一节课
Well, I start every class off on a high note.
嗯,我以高调开始每节课
Wow. Mocking yourself right out of the gate.
哇 模仿自己,就走出大门
Usually the self-deprecation doesn't start until lunch.
通常,自嘲直到午餐才开始
-How's the weather up there? -Hey, what'd you say to my best friend?
-那边的天气怎么样?-嘿,你对我最好的朋友说了什么?
-Fareeda, please. -Quick, you think you got jokes?
-费雷达,求你了-快,你觉得你有笑话吗?
Say some more funny stuff. Dazzle us.
说些更有趣的东西弄三眼花
-I'm sorry, okay? -No.
-对不起,好吗?-没有
No, you're not. See, I'm sorry.
不,你不是 看,我很抱歉
I'm sorry I'm such good friends with the girl
对不起,我和那个女孩是好朋友
who constantly gets asked that idiotic question ten times a day,
经常被问到一天十次的白♥痴♥问题
because every time she hears it,
因为每次她听到它
it chips away another little piece of her soul,
它切碎了她灵魂的另一小块,
which, in turn, chips away another little piece of my soul.
反过来,它又切走了我灵魂的另一小块
So, thank you, soul chipper.
所以,谢谢你,灵魂切碎器
In fact, that's your new nickname.
事实上,那是你的新昵称
Soul Chipper.
灵魂切碎器
Honestly, what would you do without me?
老实说,没有我,你会做什么?
I shudder to think.
我不寒而栗地想
Well, stand up straight. Walk tall.
好吧,站直 走高
No slouching!
没有懒散!
How's the weather up there?
那里的天气怎么样?
And we're back.
我们回来了
Hook, line, and sinker
挂钩、线和下接器
Wrapped around my finger I'm a Lone Star man
缠在我的手指上,我是一个孤独的明星人
Yeah, I'm a big ringer
是的,我是个大人物
This is my super-hot older sister, Harper,
这是我的超级辣妹 哈珀
who's been winning beauty pageants since she was six.
她从六岁起就赢得选美比赛
She was spared the tall gene,
她幸免于高大的基因,
but at least there is some balance...
但至少有一些平衡...
...in the genetic universe.
...在基因宇宙中
She got Grandpa Larry's allergies.
她得了拉里爷爷的过敏症
-What do you think of this one? -Hmm.
-你觉得这个怎么样?-嗯.
Let me see it with the wave.
让我用波浪看它
I don't know.
我不知道
I feel like the competition has got a lot more fierce since I was a contestant,
我觉得自从我是参赛者以来,竞争更加激烈了,
so I think you need to step it up.
所以我觉得你需要加快一步
So, Jodi.
所以,乔迪
How's it goin'?
怎么样?
Fine.
结束
You feeling okay?
你感觉还好吗?
Like, no headaches,
比如,没有头痛
irregular heartbeats or unexplainable...
不规则的心跳或无法解释的...
Dad, I... I know that you live with this constant fear
爸爸 我...我知道你生活在这种不断的恐惧中
that I'm just gonna keep growing and growing
我只是要继续成长和成长
until all of my vital organs explode, but really,
直到我所有的重要器官爆♥炸♥,但真的,
if I was gonna have major health problems,
如果我有重大健康问题
I think I would have had them by now.
我想我现在就拥有了它们了
No, Yao Defen's osteoporosis didn't show up till she was in college.
不,姚德芬的骨质疏松症直到上大学才出现
She holds the record
她保持着记录
for the world's tallest woman. She died 2012, age 40.
为世界最高女人她于2012年去世,享年40岁
-So tragic. -Okay, and why do you know that?
-太悲惨了-好吧,为什么你知道?
And why would you bring it up at dinner?
你为什么在晚餐时提出来?
I'm just making conversation.
我只是在谈话
About tall people dying young?
关于高个子的人年轻垂死?
Yeah, well, I gotta say something.
是的,我得说点什么
She hardly talks to us anymore. You just keep to yourself.
她再也谈不上我们了 你只要保持自己
I can't remember the last time that you sat down at the piano.
我不记得你最后一次坐在钢琴前了
Why don't you play anymore?
你为什么不再玩了?
Is... Is it joint pain?
是...是关节痛吗?
No.
不
It's...
它...
It's just because...
只是因为...
when you're good at something,
当你擅长某件事时
other people tend to wanna watch you do it,
其他人往往想看你这样做,
and I don't need to give people another reason to look at me.
我不需要再给别人理由看看我
电影精选列表