成交
Deal.
威廉·布洛迪
William Brody,
你能带这位警官到你的柜子那儿吗
could you please escort this officer to your locker?
她要这个
She asked for this.
我甚至不知道她在找什么
I don't even know what she's looking for.
麻烦先坐一会 等基顿先生叫你
Please stay seated until Mr. Keaton's ready for you.
是的 他在办公室 他很确定
Yes, he was in the office. He was being sure.
嘿 -威廉·布洛迪
Hey! - William Brody!
好的 温度换算
Okay. Temperature conversion,
包含在数据包里 很重要
it's in the packet, it's important.
你们要确保……
Make sure that y--
怎么回事 -是布洛迪
What is that? - It's Brody.
没错 是他 -天啊
Yeah, that's him. - Oh, my gosh.
布洛迪以为自己是蜘蛛侠吗
Does Brody think he's Spider-Man?
他干嘛站在上面
Why's he still up there?
他会被雷劈的
He's gonna get hit by lightning.
天啊 他是不是要……
Oh, my God. Is he doing--
跟你说了他是疯子 -他简直……
I told you he's crazy. - He is so--
所以你觉得这是个好办法吗
So you thought it would be a good idea
跑到屋顶上
to get up on the roof
站在雷雨中
in the middle of a thunderstorm,
打开装置看看会发生什么
turn this thing on and see what happens?
爸爸就是这么做的
It's what Dad did.
你♥爸♥爸没有上过大学
Dad didn't go to college.
这只是个麦克风
It's just a microphone.
你怎么知道它起没起作用
How would you know if it works?
我不想害你被开除
I'm not going to be the reason you get expelled.
念大学是你的出路 明白吗
College is your way out, you understand?
你明白吗
Do you understand?
威廉
Will--
老天爷啊
For god's sake.
我办不到
I can't do this.
没关系 慢慢来
It's okay. It's all about timing.
所以人们才发明了自动挡
This is why people have automatics.
好吧
Okay.
当我发力时
When I squeeze,
你就加点油门 好吗
I want you to give it gas. Okay?
好的
Yeah.
看吧 你做到了
See? You did it.
哇哦 我们跑起来了
Whoa, we're moving.
跑起来了 好的 -是的
We're moving. Okay. - Yeah.
好 保持好 慢慢开
Okay, nice and slow.
转弯 转弯
Turn, turn, turn...
然后停车
And come to a stop.
成功了
It worked.
我能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you a question?
是谁跑到屋顶 想靠近天空
Who goes out onto a roof to get close to the sky?
你有没有想过希望在哪里死去
Do you ever think about where you go when you die?
刹不住了 刹不住了
This is not stopping. This is not stopping!
哈珀 我很抱歉
Harper, I'm--I'm so sorry.
别担心 没关系的 -该死
Don't sweat it. It's okay. - Shit.
你在德州还有一个笔友吗
You got a pen pal in Texas?
嘿
Hey.
快过来 看看这个
Come here. Check this out.
我爸爸是个天才
My dad was a genius.
妈妈从来都没理解过他
She never understood him.
也许是你不理解妈妈
Maybe you don't understand her.
当我失去母亲时
When I lost my mom...
我才知道她对我父亲是多么的重要
that's when I realized how important she was to my dad.
嘿 我带了外卖♥♥
Hey! I have take-out.
嘿 嘿 妈妈 你知道这个吗
Hey, hey. Mom, did you know about this?
他留下了很详细的笔记 -你在哪里找到的
He kept such detailed notes. - Where did you get that?
这重要吗 你完全可以用到你的研究里
Does it- does it matter? I mean, you could use it for your research.
哈珀你好 我觉得哈珀该回家了
Harper. I think it's time for Harper to go.
嘿 等等 你先别走
Hey, wait, wait, wait. No, no, no. No.
你到底在担心什么
What are you so upset about?
这是我能了解父亲最好的一次机会
This is the best chance I've ever had at understanding Dad.
我很爱你父亲
I loved your dad.
我和你一样很想念他 威廉
I miss him every bit as much as you do, Will,
但是这本笔记 这本笔记不是给你的
but that book, that book is not for you.
你要更好一些…… -嘿 到底怎么回事
You are better than-- - Hey, hey, what the hell?
我比什么更好
Better than what?
比那个进行你的研究试验的人更好吗
The man who got all your research tested?
你就是为此放弃了实地考察吗
And that's why you gave up on fieldwork, right?
一朝被蛇咬 十年怕井绳
Too much of a chicken shit to put yourself in real danger?
不 威廉 我放弃实地考察是为了当个好母亲
No, Will. gave up fieldwork to be your mother.
而且有时会害怕是件好事
And sometimes it's okay to be afraid
因为至少我还站在这里 而他不在
because I am standing here and he's not.
当你做热爱的事情时 你是无所畏惧的
When you do something you love, there's nothing to be afraid of.
是啊 我也听他说过
Yeah, yeah. I heard that before.
多亏了你 我对父亲一点也不了解
Thanks to you, I have no idea who my dad was.
我想我该走了
I think I'll leave, actually.
哦 好的
Oh... yeah.
威廉 宝贝
Will, honey?
威廉 你醒了吗
Will, you awake?
威廉
Will?
哦 上帝啊
Oh, for the love of God.
谢谢你
Thank you, sir.
来者何人 到此作甚
State your name and business.
罗伊叔叔
Uncle Roy?
我就知道不应该写上寄回地址的
I knew I shouldn't have put a return address.
嘿 等等
Hey, wait!
你是怎么到这来的
How the hell did you even get here anyway?
我搭了顺风车
I just took a few--
那个女人是怎么把你养大的啊
And what in the world has that woman been feeding you, huh?
你知道吗 算了 我还是少知道为妙
You know what? Never mind, the less know...
我猜猜 你是来追逐风暴的吧
Let me guess, you came to be a storm chaser
像你父亲那样
just like your dad.
不是 我从没这样想过
No, I never really thought about it.
是啊 我赌你也不想
Yeah, I bet you didn't.
你妈妈知道你来这了吗
Does your mom know you're here?
我想她不知道吧
I'm guessing not.
我就是因为她才来的
She's the reason I'm here.
她从不提起父亲
She really never talks about him anymore.
所以我开始看他的日记
So I started reading through the journal--
哇哦
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
那本日记可不是请柬
The journal wasn't an invitation.
我不是你的父母 甚至都不是你真正的叔叔
I'm not your parent. I'm not even really your uncle.
你父亲
Your dad...
没有人喜欢他
There was no one like him.
不会有人喜欢他 包括你
Never will be. Including you.
谈话到此为止
There. That's the speech.
她在替人做保洁 罗伊
She cleans houses, Roy.
你认识的最聪明的女人 现在做起了保洁
The smartest woman you've ever met cleans houses.
我无暇照看你 孩子 现在正值风暴时节
I can't babysit you, kid. It is primetime storm season
我要照看游客来糊口
and now I make a living babysitting tourists,
还要照看一些白♥痴♥
and--and idiots.
最糟心的就是遇到白♥痴♥游客
Idiot tourists, worst of all.
不过我可以告诉你
But here, I'll tell you what.
拿着 买♥♥张票回家去 我给你出车费
Here. Ticket home, it's on me.
如果你妈妈问起
And then, if your mom asks,
拿着 你就说没有找到我 或者说我死了
here, you couldn't find me or--or I'm dead.
你看着办
You pick.
车子可比你的体型大的多 -刚刚好
Van is way bigger than you. - Barely.
比尔 你的儿子来了
Bill, your kid is here.
你要是敢对我呼气 我就毙了你
You so much as breathe on me, I will shoot you.
这里 看着这个
Here, check this out.
哇哦
Oh, wow.
温度达到九十度
All that heating at 90 degrees
一直在煮沸这些水分
cooking all that moisture.