Robert Ellis, the boy among pleasant.
他身体健康 而且父母属基♥督♥教科学派
And not only was he healthy, his parents were Christian Scientists,
都不相信医学
they don't believe in medicine.
所以那个男孩连医疗档案都没有
So the boy didn't even have a medical file.
-那我们去跟他们谈谈 -好
- Well, let's go talk to them. - Okay.
还记得你约了别人吗
You have your appointment, remember?
上午九点我要跟局长打一通电♥话♥
Right. I have a phone call with the director at 9:00 A.M.,
我对此可是相当期待
which I am immensely looking forward to.
所以我会叫凯瑟琳来接你
So I will call Katherine and have her take you.
好的
Okay.
克兰西医生
Dr. Clancy...
你是怎么发动的呢
How do you refer to it?
发动什么
To what?
你的那个什么来着
To, uh, what you have?
是预知 天眼或者先见吗
Is it prescience, clairvoyance, precognition?
先学一声鸟叫 然后大笑一分钟
Oh, it's a hoot. Then laugh a minute.
我 我认真的
I'm uh... I'm serious.
你究竟看到了什么
What is it you see exactly?
你能看见人们的未来吗
Do you see people's futures?
有时候挺简单的
Sometimes it's simple.
他们过去和未来的片段
Bits of pieces of their futures. Bits of pieces of their pasts.
最终结果都一样
It's all the same in the end.
这是神秘力量吗 还是宗教原因
Is it mystical? Or religious in anyway?
不不 我是个科学家
No. No, I'm a scientist.
我的信仰是理论物理和
I believe in theoretical physics and...
生物化学 仅此而已
biochemistry and that's it.
不论这是怎么回事 我碰巧拥有
Whatever it is, I happen to get the
人们称为直觉或下意识的反应的
super-duper deluxe edition of what people now call
超级无敌豪华升级版
intuition or gut reaction.
你现在能看到什么吗
Do you see anything now?
什么意思 关于你的吗
What do you mean? About you?
我想是吧
I... I guess so.
不 没有
No. Nothing.
-什么都没有吗 -什么都没有
- At all? - At all.
没有
Just nothing.
什么都没有
Nothing at all.
案子查得怎么样了
So how... how's the investigation going?
有进展
It's improving.
我们认为掌握了你儿子被杀的原因
We believe we know why your son was killed.
凶手选他的原因
Why he was chosen.
埃利斯先生 我需要问你几个问题
Mr. Ellis, I need to ask you a few questions
但我不想让你不开心
but I don't want to upset you.
没有关系 问吧 我想尽力帮忙
It's all right. Ask. If I can, I'd like to help.
你还记得
Do you remember in the
在罗伯特死之前几个星期或几个月里
weeks or months leading up to Robert's death,
他有没有什么反常 他健康吗
was he at his best? Was he healthy?
-非常健康 -他从没说过哪儿疼吗
- Perfectly. - He never complained of any pain?
他在学校和别的孩子玩时有没有行动困难
Did he ever have trouble keeping up with other boys at school?
有没有喘不上气 或者...
Was he ever short of breath? Or...
没有 没有
Uh... No. No.
-小心 -好的
- Be careful. - I will.
罗伯特会雕刻吗
Robert was a sculptor?
是的 他很喜欢
Yeah. He enjoys it.
他在世时很喜欢 他的手很巧
He enjoyed it. He had very good hands.
我很遗憾 埃利斯先生
I'm so sorry, Mr. Ellis.
-它们很美 -谢谢
- They're beautiful. - Thank you.
这个是怎么回事
What happened to this one?
他在出事一两天前碰掉了...
He knocked it over maybe a day or two before...
他怎么把它打翻的
How did he knock it over?
我不记得了 孩子们总笨手笨脚的
I don't remember. Kids are clumsy.
罗伯特尤其明显吗
Robert especially?
并没有
No.
有时候 他吃晚饭时会把杯子打碎
Sometimes. He'd upset his glass at dinner...
-你怎么在跟他们说话 -他们刚到
- You're talking to them? - They just got here.
你们抓到他了吗
Did you catch him?
没有
No.
-那你在这做什么 -埃利斯夫人
- Then what are you doing here? - Mrs. Ellis...
昨晚又发生了一起谋杀案
There was another murder last night.
我们认为与杀您儿子的凶手是同一人
We believe it's the same man that killed your son.
其他所有受害者
All of the other victims
都患有疾病或有健康问题...
have suffered from an illness or a condition...
罗伯特才12岁 他没有生病
Robert was 12. He wasn't sick.
我们想要确认下
We'd like to verify that.
你们要怎么确认
How are you plan on doing that?
我们想做一次尸检
We'd like to conduct an autopsy.
你们想把我儿子的尸体挖出来 剖开
You wanna dig my son's body up, you wanna pry him open and...
再在他体内倒腾吗
and search around inside him?
是的 没错
Yes, we do.
-你是谁 -我是一名医生
- Who are you? - I'm a doctor.
他没有生病
He wasn't sick.
就算他生病了 也不需要你这样的人
And even if he was, he did not need a man like you.
这是天命
It's fate.
只不过有的人没有勇气
It's just that some people do not have the courage
去接受上帝的智慧
to accept the wisdom of the Lord.
我同意 埃利斯夫人 完全同意
I agree with you, Mrs. Ellis, absolutely.
我很了解现代医学的局限性
I know the limitations of medicine first hand,
我是一名医生 诊断过成百上千名患者
as a doctor, I've diagnosed hundreds of patients
眼睁睁看着他们慢慢死去
and I watched death growing inside a lot of them.
我的女儿就是一例 她患有白血病
Inside my own daughter, for example. She had leukemia.
整整两年 我能做的只有
For 2 whole years, all I could do was
每天都去医院
go to the hospital every single day
坐在那 看着她受苦
sit there, watched her suffer.
每一道治疗 每一项测试
Every procedure, every test,
自然都完全没用
all totally useless, of course.
有一天她死了
And one day she died.
就结束了
And that was that.
到最后 死亡有点像是件好事
In the end, it was... It was a bit of a blessing.
至少我这么觉得
At least I think it was.
所以 我的确理解天命 埃利斯夫人
So yes, I do understand something about fate, Mrs. Ellis.
我当然不会用医药来改变上帝的安排
And, uh, I certainly wouldn't use medicine to alter God's plan.
我只想知道你的儿子为什么被杀
I... just want to know why your son was killed.
而医学可以帮助我了解这一点
And medicine can help me discover that.
然后也许还可以帮助我抓到
And then, perhaps, it can help me catch the man...
杀你儿子的凶手
who killed your little boy.
克兰西医生 有你的传真
Dr. Clancy. Fax for you.
说是急件
It's marked urgent.
写了什么
What is it?
查一查小脑
Check the cerebellar lobe.
这是什么
Whoa! What is this?
-这就是你要的答案 -什么
- Well, there's your answer. - What?
脑瘤 豆子大小
Brain tumor. Size of a pea.
藏在小脑里面
Hidden in the cerebellar lobe.
-约翰 -怎么了 医生
- John? - What's up, Doc?
我的天
Christ!
-约翰 -我退出 到此为止
- John? - I'm out. Finished.
那封传真 上面到底写了什么
The fax? What the hell did it say?
我不知道 传真上写了是机密急件
Sir, I don't know. The fax was marked urgent and confidential.
我的天 你也太听话了吧
Jesus Christ. Somebody trained you too well, kid.
约翰
John!
约翰 拜托 你一定要说说怎么回事
John! Goddamn it! You gotta let somebody in on this!
这是个陷阱 整件事就是个陷阱
It's a trap. The whole thing is a trap
我们一步步走了进去
and we're walking right into it.
什么陷阱 你倒是和我说说
What? What? You talk... You gotta talk to me.
他比我们厉害多了
He's way ahead of us.
而我们每一步都正中他下怀
And we do exactly what he wants us to do.
你没发现吗
Don't you get it?
我退出
I'm out.
克兰西医生
Doctor Clancy?
-你好 -你好
- Hi. - Hi.
-你介意吗 -拿吧 反正你们付钱
- Do you mind? - Go ahead. You're paying for it.
我们找到了颗肿瘤