人们对于一个好的母亲应该是什么样总是有自己的想象
People have an image of what a good mother is.
优秀的...
GOOD...
比如我们在最爱的电视节目中看到的那样
Like the ones we saw on our favorite TV shows.
大多数小女孩都是从自己的母亲那
Most little girls learn how to be mothers
学会如何做母亲的
from our mothers.
如何做孩子喜欢的食物
How to cook their favorite meals...
如何用亲吻治愈伤痛
How to kiss boo-boos.
我们也接纳
And we embrace
所有他们做的美好的事情
all the wonderful things they did.
并且发誓不再重蹈他们的覆辙
And vow to do differently all of their mistakes.
他把它重建得和烧毁前
He's rebuilt it to just like it was
一模一样
before it burned down.
我依然有些怕
It still terrifies me.
这座房♥子对我们不再有威胁了 凯西
This house has no power over us, Cathy.
我们不再是妈妈藏在阁楼里德累斯顿玩偶了
We're not mother's Dresden dolls locked in the attic anymore.
走吧
Come on.
终于 小女孩长大了
Eventually, little girls grow up
有了自己真实的美丽的孩子们
and have real, beautiful babies of our own.
我们对他们满怀着曾经自己的憧憬与梦想
And we fill them with all of our hopes and dreams,
悲伤与恐惧
and sadness, and fears...
还有曾经的噩梦
and nightmares.
谢菲尔德医生和太太来了
Dr. and Mrs. Sheffield have arrived, sir.
我这就下去
I'll be right down.
没有什么联♥系♥能像血缘一样
There's no blood like family's blood.
在审判之日
At the end of days,
他们才是最重要的
They are the ones that matter the most.
是不是这样 马尔科姆
Isn't that right, Malcolm?
巴特
Bart!
哦 天啊 你看上去太帅气了
Oh, my goodness, you look so handsome.
你还是一直都这么美 妈妈
You look beautiful as always, mom.
你还穿了红色的衣服
And you wore red!
你总知道怎么哄我
You always know how to please me.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, sweetie.
来 和克里斯 打个招呼
Here, say Hello to-- to Chris.
看上去不错啊 老家伙
Looking good, old man.
谢谢 巴特
Thank you, Bart.
这地方看上去不错
The place looks wonderful.
感觉像是在时光里漫步
It's like stepping back in time.
我只是希望我的曾祖父马尔科姆能够满意
Well, I can only hope that great-grandfather Malcolm would be pleased.
整个重建过程我都非常谨慎
I was meticulous about the restoration.
完全没有浪费
Spared absolutely no expense.
就像我所知道的那样
As I am well aware.
有个家人帮你照料财产真是太好了
Nothing like having a family member privy to your finances.
其实 巴特 克里斯是你产业非常好的管理人
Now, Bart, Chris has been very goodat being the executor of your estate.
哦 这还不是我的财产
Oh, it's not my estate yet.
至少在我们知道祖母遗嘱的内容之前不是
At least not until we hear the end of grandmother's will.
好吧 不会很久了
Well, it won't be long now.
是的 不会了
No, it won't.
我带你们转上一圈吧
Let me give you guys the grand tour.
这边
This way.
哦 天啊
Oh, my god.
马尔科姆
Malcolm..
当然 我使用了先进的科技产品
I've of course incorporated the latest technologies.
有家庭健身房♥ 大屏幕电视 DVD播放器
Got a home gym, big-screen TVs, DVD players,
还有拨号♥式网络
And got dial-up Internet.
哇
Wow!
这太棒了
This is impressive.
我想它将来一定会成为一个美丽姑娘
I think it's going to make a wonderful home
美妙的归宿
for a nice girl one day.
但是 我还没能遇见
Well, I've yet to meet a girl
如你这般的姑娘 妈妈
who could hold a candle to you, mom.
走吧 我带你们参观完
Come on, let me show you the rest.
这些都是什么 巴特
What's all this, Bart?
啊 这是我祈祷的地方
Well, that's where I pray.
我 呃
I, uh...
我没想到你依然如此虔诚
didn't realize you were still so religious.
嗯...
Well...
你可能觉得是那些年的精神治疗
you may think it was all those years of psychiatric care
才造就了今天的我
that got me to where I am today.
但是是上帝的恩泽
But it was by the grace of God
才让我能从曾经的悲惨中走出来
that I was able to lift myself from my sorry state.
马尔科姆是个虔诚的人
Malcolm was a devout man
他的虔诚让他建立了自己的帝国
and he went on to build an empire.
我要完成更伟大的目标 如果上帝允许的话
I'm gonna accomplish even greater things, god willing.
我已经将姓氏合法地改为了福克斯沃斯
I've actually had my last name legally changed to "Foxworth"
就是为了让他的精神长存
just to keep his legacy alive.
巴特 你怎么能不告诉我们就这么做了
Bart! How could you do that without telling us?
你明知道马尔科姆不是什么好人
You know Malcolm wasn't a good man.
哦 妈妈 我知道我们家所有的肮脏小秘密
Oh, I know all of our family's dirty little secrets, mom.
是的
Yes.
马尔科姆是个虐待成型的暴君
Malcolm was a sadistic tyrant,
但你必须要承认他的成就
but you must admire his achievements.
还有 站在这儿的克里斯抚养我长大
And, well, Chris here may have raised me.
他是你的哥哥 所以说就有些
He is your brother, so that would be all kinds of -
巴特 我觉得我们理应更被尊重些
Bart, I think we're entitled to a little bit more respect than that.
你们可能想要休息一下
You guys probably want to freshen up.
我带你们去看看你们的房♥间
Let me show you to your room.
我想你们在科琳的房♥间里会感到最为舒适
I thought you'd be most comfortable in Corrine's wing.
它是这所房♥子里最奢华的房♥间之一
It's one of the most lavish suiters in the house.
当然了 还有科琳的天鹅床
And, of course, Corrine's swan bed.
这可真棒是不是
Isn't that something?
我雇了一个世界知名的工匠
I hired a world-renowned artisan
手工雕刻了这个一模一样的复♥制♥品
to hand-carve a meticulous replica.
我想你会喜欢的 妈妈
I just knew you'd appreciate it, mom.
一旦我能够控制福克斯沃斯家的财产
And once I've get control of the Foxworth fortune,
我就可以完成我的天命了
I can finally fulfill my destiny.
无意冒犯
No offense,
但一个医生并不是财务上的天才
but a doctor does not a financial genius make.
你们先安顿下
I'll let you two get settled in.
乔里和梅洛迪很快就到
Jory and Melodie will be arriving shortly.
等我们不再有这样的财产问题时
Be nice when we don't have this financial situation
我们再友善吧
between us anymore.
他还年轻 想要独♥立♥
He's young, he wants his independence.
你了解他的
You know what he's like.
但是这种对马尔科姆的迷恋 才是问题所在
But this... obsession with Malcolm, it's troubling
别想太多了
Don't dwell on it.
好吧
Okay.
既来之 则安之
Let's just enjoy ourselves while we're here.
在妈妈的床上吗
In mother's bed?
那老巫婆会在坟墓里不得安宁的
The old lady would turn over in her grave.
太棒了
Good.
听起来是个好主意
Sounds like a good idea then.
乔里 你来了
Jory! You made it.
要不来的就是纽约芭蕾舞团的舞王
Well, if it isn't the 'Creme de la creme' of the New York Ballet.
见到你真好
Good to see you.
你身材看着不错
You're looking quite fit!
是么 你好 梅尔
Yeah. Hey, Mel.
你好
Hi.
哦 还有 再次谢谢你 伙计
Oh, and thank you, guys, again so much,
谢谢你同意在典礼上跳舞
for agreeing to dance at my celebration.
我知名的哥哥和嫂子
It is absolutely gonna make the night,
带来的特别表演一定会
having a special performance
让那个夜晚更完美
by my famous brother and sister-in-law.
事实上 巴特 很抱歉
Actually, Bart, I'm sorry,
但你的聚会上我们不能表演了
but we can't perform at your party.
你知道这个夜晚对我多重要
You know how important this night is to me.
梅尔有些情况
Mel's been having some complications
她的医生说她不能跳舞
and her doctor just told us she can't.
你说有情况是什么意思
What do you mean by "complications"?
嗯 呃
Well, um...
电影精选列表