为什么咱们的合作会如此困难
this has been so hard for you and I.
其实我
And, well...
我也有自己的班克斯先生
You see, I have my own Mr. Banks.
我的那位有小胡子
Mine had a mustache.
所以迪斯尼并不是按自己的样子刻画人物的呢
So, it is not true that Disney created man in his own image?
没错
No, no.
但你是按别人的样子创造的自己 对吗
But it is true that you created yourself in someone else's, yes?
你去过堪萨斯城吗 特拉弗斯夫人
Have you ever been to Kansas City, Mrs. Travers?
你了解密苏里吗
Do you know Missouri at all?
我不了解
I can't say I do.
那里的冬天非常寒冷
Well, it's mighty cold there in the winters.
冷得刺骨
Bitter cold.
我的爸爸 伊利亚斯·迪斯尼
And my dad, Elias Disney,
经营着一条送报纸的线路
he owned a newspaper delivery route there.
一千份报纸 一天两次
A thousand papers, twice daily.
早晚各一份
A morning and an evening edition.
我爸爸是个强硬的商人
And Dad was a tough businessman.
他是那种想要千方百计省钱的人
He was a "save a penny any way you can" type of fella.
所以他不肯雇报童
So he wouldn't employ delivery boys.
他让我和我的哥哥罗伊送报
No, no, no. He used me and my big brother Roy.
我那时 那时才八岁
I was, uh... I was eight back then.
只有八岁
Just eight years old.
正如我所说的 冬天异常寒冷
And, like I said, winters are harsh.
而老伊利亚斯 他认为旧鞋只要还没穿烂
And old Elias, well, he didn't believe in new shoes,
就不能买♥♥新鞋
until the old ones were worn through.
说真的 特拉弗斯夫人
Honestly, Mrs. Travers,
积雪有时候比我人都高
the snowdrifts, sometimes they were up over my head.
而我们就像踩在糖浆上一样 深一脚浅一脚地穿过积雪
And we'd push through that snow like it was molasses.
用不了多久 我们的衣服和鞋子
The cold and wet seeping through
就又湿又冷
our clothes and our shoes.
脸上也开始冻得掉皮
Skin peeling from our faces.
有时候我会突然在雪堆中间醒来
Sometimes I'd find myself sunk down in that snow,
发现自己已经被埋在了雪里
just waking up,
我肯定是在雪堆里昏倒了 我自己也搞不清楚
because I must have passed out or something, I don't know.
然后到了上学的时候
And then it was time for school,
我已经浑身湿透或是冻得半死了
and I was too cold or wet
所以我的脑子都不会转了 根本做不出数学题
to figure out equations and things.
放学后我又要在雪堆中穿行
And then it was right back out in the snow again
只为了能在天黑前赶回家
to get home just before dark.
到家后妈妈已经做好了晚饭
Mother would feed us dinner.
晚饭后我们就又要马上出门
And then it was time to go right back out
去派送当天的晚报
and do it again for the evening edition.
你最好动作快点 沃尔特
"You had best be quick there, Walt.
你要把报纸放到门廊上
You'd better get those newspapers up
塞到防风门底下
on that porch and under that storm door.
不然爸爸又要发脾气
Poppa's gonna lose his temper again
拿皮带抽你了
and show you the buckle end of his belt, boy."
我给你讲这些不是为了让你难过的
I don't...I don't tell you this to make you sad,
特拉弗斯夫人
Mrs. Travers.
真的不是 我热爱我的生活 我认为那简直是个奇迹
I don't. I love my life. I think it's a miracle.
而且我爱我的父亲 他是个好人
And I loved my dad. He was a...he was a wonderful man.
但我还总是会回想起
But rare is the day
那个在冰天雪地里
when I don't think about that eight-year-old boy
送报纸的八岁小男孩
delivering newspapers in the snow,
还有手里拿着皮带的伊利亚斯·迪斯尼
and old Elias Disney with that strap in his fist.
我觉得身心俱疲
And I am just so tired.
特拉弗斯夫人
Mrs. Travers,
我受够了这种回忆
I'm tired of remembering it that way.
你难道不累吗 特拉弗斯夫人
Aren't you tired, too, Mrs. Travers?
我们都有各自悲伤的故事
Now we all have our sad tales,
但是你难道不希望那段故事告一段落吗
but don't you want to finish the story?
你难道不希望放开那一切
Let it all go and have a life
然后过一个不受过去控制的生活吗
that isn't dictated by the past?
她来拯救的不是那些孩子
It's not the children she comes to save.
而是她们的父亲
It's their father.
是你的父亲
It's your father.
特拉弗斯·戈夫
Travers Goff.
我不知道你自以为对我有多了解 沃尔特
I don't know what you think you know about me, Walter...
你肯定很爱他也很崇拜他
You must have loved and admired him a lot
才会用他的名字作为笔名
to take his name.
我
I...
其实这一切都是为了他 对吧
It's him this is all about, isn't it?
所有的一切
All of it, everything.
宽恕 特拉弗斯夫人
Forgiveness Mrs. Travers.
这就是我从你的书中所学到的东西
It's what I learned from your books.
我用不着原谅我的父亲
I don't have to forgive my father.
他是个好人
He was a wonderful man.
不 不
No, no.
你需要原谅的是海伦·戈夫
You need to forgive Helen Goff.
拿一辈子来惩罚自己实在是太苛刻了
Life is a harsh sentence to lay down for yourself.
把她交给我吧
Give her to me.
特拉弗斯夫人 放心把你宝贵的玛丽·波平斯交给我吧
Mrs. Travers, trust me with your precious Mary Poppins.
我不会让你失望的
I won't disappoint you.
我发誓从莱斯特广场到堪萨斯
I swear, every time a person walks into a movie house,
每一次有观众走进电影院
from Leicester Square to Kansas City,
他们都将看到乔治·班克斯得到救赎
they will see George Banks being saved.
他们会爱上他和他的孩子们
They will love him and his kids.
观众会为他的慈爱而动容
They will weep for his cares.
他们会为他失去工作而捏一把汗
They will wring their hands when he loses his job.
当他放飞那个风筝时
And when he flies that kite...
特拉弗斯夫人 他们会欢呼雀跃
oh, Mrs. Travers, they will rejoice.
他们会歌♥唱
They will sing.
在全世界的电影院中
In movie houses all over the world,
在我的孩子们和其他孩子们
in the eyes and heads of my kids and other kids,
还有未来世世代代的父母的眼中和心目中
and mothers and fathers for generations to come,
乔治·班克斯将久享盛名
George Banks will be honored.
乔治·班克斯将会得到救赎
George Banks will be redeemed.
乔治·班克斯和他所代表的一切都将永存
George Banks and all he stands for will be saved.
也许不是在现实生活中 但是他会存在于人们的想象中
Now, maybe not in life, but in imagination.
因为这正是我们这些故事作者的职责
Because that's what we storytellers do.
我们用想象力来恢复社会秩序
We restore order with imagination.
我们一遍一遍又一遍地给人们灌输希望
We instill hope again and again and again.
所以 相信我 特拉弗斯夫人
So, trust me, Mrs. Travers.
让我证明给你看
Let me prove it to you.
我向你承诺
I give you my word.
够了
Enough.
只要改动那两个地方
Just make those two changes
加利福尼亚州伯班克市 196♥4♥年
剩下的就都没问题了 没问题了
and I'm sure everything will be just fine. Just fine.
沃尔特 你可以抽时间看一下这个吗
Walt, could I get your approval on that, please?
这是什么
What is it?
首映会的嘉宾邀请名单
Invitation list to the premiere.
是吗 所有人都在上面了吗
Yeah? Is this everyone?
不是所有人
It's not everyone.
在伦敦也会有一场首映会
Now, there will be a premiere in London.
那对她来说会更方便
That will be more convenient for her.
我做这个决定也不容易 汤米
Tommie, this wasn't an easy decision for me,
但你也了解她那个人
but you know what she's like.
首映会的时候会有记者 采访和摄影机
We got press, interviews, cameras.
我必须保护这部电影
I need to protect the picture.
好吧
Okey.
我也会这么说的
I should say so too.
特拉弗斯太太
Mrs. Travers!
特拉弗斯夫人
Mrs. Travers!
你能不能别像只野猫一样叫个不停
Will you stop screeching like an alley cat!
去开门
And answer the door!
我听到这个消息很是开心 帕梅拉
I'm very pleased to hear that, Pamela.
我想你应该会很快起草好文件
I should think you will have a draft fairly soon.
波莉 茶呢
Polly, where's that tea?
一切都非常顺利
It's coming along marvelously.
不许偷看
电影精选列表