我小时候看我父亲
As a kid I watched my dad
向萨尔瓦多咖啡农民传授如何在竞争中幸存下来的经验
show the Salvadoran coffee farmers how to survive
那就是使他们的收获流程化 赚取更多收益
by streamlining their harvest to become profitable.
当萨尔瓦多内战爆发的时候
We were some of the last Americans to leave El Salvador
我们几个美国人是最后才走的
when the Civil War broke out.
我们的朋友赫克托和米拉格
Our friends Hector and Milagra
看着他们的农场成了战场
watched their farm become a battleground.
赫克托那天不知所踪
Hector disappeared that day.
萨尔瓦多正面临历史上
El Salvador is in the midst of the gravest crisis
最严峻的危机
in their history.
数以千计的萨尔瓦多人死去
Thousands of Salvadorian civilians have been killed
数百万人的生活受到影响 这是由古巴和苏联
and millions more could be affected by armed guerrillas
扶持的武装分子导致的
supported by Cuba and the Soviet Union.
霍莉 也许我们不能让罗柏看到这个
Holly, maybe we shouldn't let Rob watch this.
赫克托和米拉格不会有事吧 爸爸
Are Hector and Milagra okay, Dad?
不知道 已经有两周没听到他们的消息了
No idea. Haven't heard from them in two weeks.
他们是谁? - 他们给我们提供萨尔瓦多咖啡
Who are they? - They supply our Salvadoran coffee.
赫克托的妻子米拉格 和儿子 里卡多
Hector's wife Milagra and son Ricardo
留在那里经营农场
were left to keep the farm running.
美国政♥府♥要帮助
The United States was to help to stop
共♥产♥主义在中美洲进一步扩散
the advancement of communism in Central America.
米拉格收养了几个因为战争变成孤儿的孩子
Milagra took in a few war-orphaned children,
给他们提供工作和住所
offering them a job and a home.
我做不到
I can't do it.
你能搞定的
You got this.
嘿 妈妈
Hey, Mom.
可笑的是 我那时候也失去了母亲
Ironically, that's when I lost my mom, too.
霍莉 带上罗柏在后面等我
Holly, take Rob and wait for me in the back.
来吧 我们走
Come on, let's go.
我需要很多钱
I need a lot of money.
孩子们需要他们的妈妈
Kids need their mom.
你能搞定的
You got this.
走吧
See ya.
她会回来吗? - 不!这次不会了
Will she be back? - No, not this time.
这些咖啡豆产自巴布亚新几内亚
This bean's from Papua New Guinea.
当地的农民
These indigenous farmers are something else.
这是全世界唯一一个
This is the only farm in the world
用石头徒手把咖啡磨成粉的
where they grind the bean out of the coffee cherry and river rock by hand.
这批货是奥赛罗的
The owner's name's Otello.
我们在想办法让他开展网上业务
We're working getting him Internet.
尝尝味道吧
Give it a taste.
你觉得怎么样? - 不知道
What do you think? - I don't know.
有点果味吧
Fruity. Sort of.
埃塞俄比亚 咖啡的诞生地
Ethiopian. Birthplace of coffee.
七年前 武装分子攻占了我们朋友的农厂
Seven years ago, militants took over the farm
他们去年才安全撤出来
and our friends didn't get back until last year.
我跟他们公平贸易 现在他们生意很不错
We helped them set up a fair trade co-op and now they're thriving.
敬埃塞俄比亚
To Ethiopia.
还有萨尔瓦多人
And Salvadoran.
那些人对我来说像家人一样
These guys are like family.
看这个
Here.
这位是我
This is me.
我父亲去世之前 每年他都带我去收获咖啡豆
Before my dad passed, every year he used to take me down to harvest.
去萨尔瓦多么 - 是啊
To El Salvador? - Yeah.
那儿不危险么 - 我敢肯定她父亲肯定
Wasn't that dangerous? - Well, I'm sure he was there with her
全程跟着她 - 霍莉
the entire time. - Holly.
阿莉打电♥话♥给你 - 我女儿打电♥话♥来了
Ally's on Skype for you. - That's my daughter calling.
从萨尔瓦多打来的 - 嘿 罗柏 能帮卡洛斯从卡车上卸货么
From El Salvador. - Hey, Rob, can you help Carlos unload the truck?
还有 你能保证这次签字前清点一下么
And can you make sure count before we sign this time?
我一直都清点的 - 梅森 我答应麦克要给他上一呗很不错的尼加拉瓜咖啡
I always count. - Mason, I promised Mikey our tasty Nicaragua.
黑咖啡? - 不加牛奶
Dark? - Black.
我的天 罗柏
Jesus, Rob.
嘿 妈妈
Hey, Mom.
嘿 亲爱的 周二快乐 - 谢谢
Hey, sweetie. Happy Tuesday. - Thanks.
一切正常么 - 告诉他吧
Is everything good? - Just tell her.
罗柏叔叔 - 怎么了 你的报告是不是快写完了
Uncle Rob! - What's up? Is your report almost finished?
我在等里卡多给我发土壤分♥析♥报告
I'm waiting for Ricardo to send me the soil analysis.
米拉格的人终于把数据发给我了 目前情况不错
Milagra's guy finally sent me the numbers. They're in the positive.
嘿 学校那边打电♥话♥过来说让你在迎新会之前提交报告
Hey, O.I.T. called and they want your report before orientation.
我只是...我需要更多数据 我还没有真正开始
I just... I need more data. I haven't really started.
阿莉 你必须认真对待这个问题
Ally, you need to take this seriously.
这是你获得全额奖学金的机会
This course is your in to a full ride.
我知道 妈妈
I know, Mom.
她不想去 我的天 你能不能..
She doesn't want to go. Jesus, would you just... Really?
这个叫劳拉的女孩是谁?
Wow. - Who's this Laura girl?
劳拉 过来 过来
Laura, come here. Come here.
来见见我妈妈 - 你好!
Meet my mom. - Hola! Hello!
你来自哪里? - 萨尔瓦多
And where'd you come from? - El Salvador.
她是我邻居
Uh, she's a neighbor.
她的父母外出工作了 米拉格就把她招来了
Both her parents headed up there for work and Milagra took her in.
告诉米拉格我周一到那边去
Ally, tell Milagra I'll be there on Monday, okay?
叫里卡多到机场接我
Have Ricardo come pick me up from the airport.
我要你跟我一起去参加贸易展览会
I'd like you to come with me to the fair trade convention.
我一定要去么 - 是啊 我想见你 我想念你
Do I have to? - Yeah, I want to see you. I miss you.
劳拉
Laura?
劳拉 醒醒
Laura, wake up.
怎么了
Que pasa?
米拉格遇到麻烦了
It's Milagra. She's in trouble.
他们提到了什么关于钱的事 他们是谁
They said something about money. Who are they?
我不知道
I don't know.
他们来抓我们了
They're coming for us.
罗柏 能接一下电♥话♥么
Rob, will you answer that?
德鲁咖啡店
Drew's Brews.
嘿 怎么了
Hey, what's up?
霍莉
Holly?
嘿
Yo, dude?
我明天上午10点到
I'll be there at 10 am.
好 再见
Okay. Bye.
发生什么了
What's going on?
阿莉被绑♥架♥了 我们走
Ally's been kidnapped. Let's go!
我不管你是找人躺在停机坪上拦住飞机
I don't care if you lay someone on the tarmac,
我没到之前不能起飞 听懂了么
you do not take off without me, got it?
还有20分钟 快点 罗柏
20 minutes. Hurry, Rob.
真的要抽烟么 - 对啊
Really? - Well, yeah.
这种情况下 抽烟是挺合适的
Yeah. Under the circumstances, this seems terribly appropriate.
我不知道你为什么不让我跟你一起去 我应该跟你一起去的
I don't know why you're not letting me go with you. I should be going with you.
你要继续开店 帮我联络人
You gotta keep the shop open and be my relay.
我们就不能关店几天么 真可笑
We can't close the shop for a few days? It's ridiculous.
我需要你在这 罗柏 那边我自己搞定
I need you here. Rob, I've got this.
我觉得这不太妙 我现在跟你说
I don't feel good about this. I'm telling you that right now.
现在情况如何 他们是黑帮的? 欠他们钱么
What do we know? Gangs? Do we owe money? What?
我不知道 - 我们知道这些人是谁么
I don't know. - Well, do we know who these men are?
你认识这些人么
Do you know these men?
他们戴了面罩
They wore masks.
罗柏联♥系♥了大使♥馆♥的人 他们在等我们过去
Rob called the embassy. They're expecting us now.
过去多久了 - 大概10个小时
How many hours has it been? - 10 or so.
精确一点 过去多久了
What time exactly did it happen?
出事了就联♥系♥你们了
We called you right after.
12小时35分钟
12 hours, 35 minutes.
请出示护照
Passport?
请走这边
This way, please.
德鲁小姐? - 是的
Miss Drew? - Yeah.
我是弗兰克·理查德 跟我来
Frank Richards. This way.
我们了解什么情况 是门徒帮的人干的么
What do we know? Is this Los Discípulos Gang?
很有可能 请坐
More than likely. Please, have a seat.
他们敲诈勒索不少圣巴托洛梅
They run extortion rings with a lot of the farms
那边的农场
down in San Bartolomé Perulapía.
他们戴了面具 - 有没有办法能让你
They wore masks. - What about anything
辨认出他们的身份
that would tell you who they were?
他们有没有做什么黑帮的手势
Did they make any gang gestures?