说到他们听为止
Until they listen.
怎么 难不成要你来教我吗
What, better you should tell me?
滚蛋吧
Fuck off.
你生气的是野蛮人打到了大门口
You're just mad because the barbarians are at the gate.
结果呢 大家好像还挺喜欢这些野蛮人的
And what do you know, people seem to like the barbarians.
妈的 他们当然喜欢
God dammit, of course they like it.
这就是问题所在
That's the god-damn point.
你知道人们现在喜欢什么吗
You know what people like now,
你知道他们喜欢什么吗
you know what they like?
他们喜欢欢快的 明亮的色彩
They like happy, bright colors.
他们想让一切都很美好
They want things to be pretty.
一切都很美
They want things to be beautiful.
上帝啊 要是有人说我的作品很美
Jesus, when someone tells me one of my pictures
我都想吐
is beautiful I wanna vomit!
-美有什么不 -漂亮 美丽 美好
- What's wrong with... - Pretty, beautiful, nice, fine.
天啊 这就是我们现在的生活
God, that's our life now.
一切都很好
Everything's fine.
我们戴上滑稽的鼻子和眼镜
We put on the funny nose and the glasses
脚下踩着香蕉皮
and we all slip on the banana peel,
还有电视把一切都装点得很欢乐
and the TV makes everything happy,
每个人的脸上都洋溢着笑容
everyone's laughing all the god-damn time.
时时刻刻被取悦是我们与生俱来的权利
It's our constitutional right to be amused
不是吗
all the time, isn't it?
我们变成了一个傻笑的国家
We've become a smirking nation,
生活在美好的暴♥政♥下
living under the tyranny of fine.
你好吗 很好
How are you?Fine.
今天怎么样 很好
How was your day?Fine.
你感觉如何 很好
How are you feeling?Fine.
你喜欢这幅画吗 很好
You like the painting?Fine.
一起吃晚饭吗 很好
How about some dinner?Fine.
让我告诉你吧 一切都不好
Well, let me tell you, everything is not fine!
你好吗
How are you?
今天怎么样
How was your day?
感觉如何
How are you feeling?
矛盾
Conflicted?
微妙 困惑
Nuanced. Troubled.
病态 注定死亡
Diseased. Doomed.
我不好
I am not fine.
我们都不好
We are not fine.
我们缺好的
We're anything but fine!
看看这些画
Look at these pictures.
看看它们
Look at them.
你看到一个黑色的矩形
You see a dark rectangle,
像一道门 一个光圈 是的
like a doorway, an aperture, yeah,
但它也像一张大嘴 正发出无声的嚎叫
but it's also a gaping mouth letting out a silent howl
那是野性而凶狠 原始而真实的咆哮
of something feral and foul and primal and real.
这不好看
It's not nice.
这不好
It's not fine.
这是真实的
It's real!
一声狂喜的喟叹
A moan of rapture.
是神圣或被诅咒的
Something divine or damned!
是永恒的
Something immortal!
不是汤罐头或该死的漫画
Not soup cans or god-damn comic books!
是超越了我及超越现在的东西
Something beyond me and beyond now!
不管它是什么 它不好看 也不漂亮
And whatever it is, it's not pretty, it's not beautiful.
我来这儿是为了让你停止心跳
I'm here to stop your heart!
你明白吗
You understand that?
我在这儿是为了让你思考
I'm here to make you think!
我在这儿不是为了构造好看的图画
I'm not here to make pretty pictures!
立体派艺术家说过
So said the cubist,
在你踩死他前的一刻
the second before you stomped him to death.
"悲哀啊 真的 你让你的一生变得多余"
"Tragic, really, to grow superfluous in your own lifetime."
对吗
Right?
"孩子必须驱逐父亲
"The child must banish the father.
尊重他 却杀了他"
Respect him, but kill him."
这不是你说的吗
Isn't that what you said?
你们追求立体主义和超现实主义
You guys went after the cubists and surrealists
后者为现代西方文艺流派 致力于探索人类的潜意识心理
并且 你 你一度热爱它
and, boy, did you love it.
而现在你们的时代结束了 你却不想离开
And now your time has come and you don't wanna go.
行了 从舞台左侧下场吧 罗斯科
Well, exit stage left, Rothko.
因为波普艺术已经摒弃了抽象表现主义
Because pop art has banished abstract expressionism
抽象表现主义指一种结合了抽象形式和表现主义画家情感价值取向的非写实性绘画风格
前者为一种主要源于商业美术形式的艺术风格
其特点是将大众文化的一些细节 如连环画 快餐及印有商标的包装进行放大复♥制♥
我只求上帝有着比你更慷慨的精神
I only pray to God they have more generosity of spirit than you do,
让你离开的时候可以保留一些尊严
and allow you some dignity as you go.
想想濒死者的最后喘息
consider the last gasp of a dying race.
毫无意义
Futility.
别担心 你可以时常在菜单上签名拿钱
Don't worry, you can always sign menus for money.
你怎么敢这样说
How dare you?
-你知道我住哪儿吧 -什么
- Do you know where I live? - What?
-你知道我住在城里哪儿吗 -不知道
- Do you know where I live in the city? - No.
-郊区 市中心 布鲁克林 -不知道
- Uptown, Downtown, Brooklyn? - No.
-你知道我是否已婚了吗 -什么
- You know if I'm married? - What?
你知道我是否已婚了吗
You know if I'm married?
-恋爱中 同性恋 其它的 -不知道
- Dating, queer, anything? - No!
-这什么意思 -我在这儿工作了两年了
- What's this got to... - Two years I've been working here.
一天八小时 一周五天
Eight hours a day, five days a week
而你却对我毫无了解
and you know nothing about me?
你有请我一起吃过饭吗
You ever once asked me to dinner?
或者请我去过你家吗
Maybe come to your house?
-什么意思 -你知道我是个画家 对吗
- What this got to do... - You know I'm a painter, don't you?
-我想是吧 -不
- I suppose. - No.
-回答我 你知道我是个画家吗 -知道
- Answer me, you know I'm a painter? - Yes.
你有提过要看看我的作品吗
Have you ever once asked to look at my work?
-为什么我要那样 -为什么你要这样
- Why should I? - Why should you?
你只是个打工的 而这儿是我做主
You're an employee. This is all about me.
这儿的一切都是我做主
Everything here is about me.
你不喜欢 那就离开
You don't like that, leave.
这就是为什么你说那些的原因吗
Oh, is that what this is all about?
孩子感到受伤 父亲没有拍拍他的头
Baby feels wounded, daddy didn't pat you on the head?
妈妈也没有抱抱他吗
Mommy didn't hug you today?
-你闭嘴 -别怪我身上 我没有杀了他们
- Stop it! - Don't blame me, I didn't kill them.
你闭嘴
Stop it.
去给你自己找个心理医生吧
Oh, go find yourself a psychiatrist
别在这儿跟我大发牢骚
and quit whining to me about it!
你的需求使我厌烦
Your neediness bores me.
让你厌烦
Bores you?
让你厌烦
Bores you?
全能的主啊 为谋生尽力做好你的工作吧
Christ Almighty, try working for you for a living.
这个喋喋不休没完没了的
The talking-talking-talking-Jesus-Christ-won't-he-ever-shut-up
自私自利的男人
Titanic self-absorption of the man.
你站那儿故作深沉
You stand there trying to look so deep
你不过是个
when you're nothing but a solipsistic bully
用浮夸自大的演讲和腔调的自我主义者
with your grandiose self-importance and lectures and arias
让我们再看上几个星期那些该死的画布
and let's look at the fucking canvas for another few weeks,
让我们别他妈的画画
let's not fucking paint.
就看着
Let's just look.
自命不凡
And the pretension.
老天啊 自命不凡
Jesus Christ, the pretension.
我无法想象艺术史上
I can't imagine any other painter
还有哪位画家如此努力地这样标榜自己
in the history of art ever tried so hard to be significant.
你要知道不是每件事都
You know not everything has to be
一直那么重要
so god-damn important all the time.
不是每幅画都得掏空你的内脏
Not every painting has to rip your guts out
直击你的灵魂
and expose your soul.
不是每个人都想受到艺术抨击
Not everyone wants art that actually hurts.
有时候你就想要一个他妈的平静的生活
Sometimes you just want a fucking still life
或风景画 或汤罐头 或漫画
or landscape, or soup can, or comic book.
等你真正离开你那该死的密封潜艇
Which you might learn if you ever actually left
也许你才会明白
your god-damn hermetically sealed submarine in here
电影精选列表