客满
此片涉及文学艺术等好些个方面的词汇
耐心的观众可以在注释处暂停细心观看噢=w=
阿尔弗雷德·莫里纳
阿尔弗雷德·伊诺奇
红色
作者:约翰·洛根
导演 麦克·格兰达吉
布景与服装设计 克里斯特夫·欧兰
灯光设计 尼尔·奥斯丁
音效设计 亚当·考克
演员指导 安妮·麦克纳尔蒂
制片人 尼克·法兰克福
1958年 纽约市 马克·罗斯科的画室
你看到什么
What do you see?
不 等一下 站近点
No wait, stand closer.
你得靠近点
Ya gotta get close.
想象这幅画是有生命 让它跟你交流
Let the picture pulsate, let it work on you.
再靠近点
Closer.
太近了
Nah, too close.
可以了
There.
想象它扩散出来
Let it spread out.
慢慢伸开双臂 向你拥来
Let it wrap its arms around you.
然后包围你整个身体 充满你全部视野
Let it embrace you, filling even your peripheral vision
其他一切都消失了 仿佛从来没有存在过
so nothing else exists or has ever existed
也不会再存在
or will ever exist.
让这幅画充满你的世界
Let the picture do its work.
感受它的变化
But work with it.
看在上帝的份上 主动向前迎接它吧
Meet it halfway for God's sake.
向前倾斜你的身体 融入其中 跟它交流
Lean forward, lean into it, engage with it.
现在 你看到什么
Now, what do ya see?
不不 等一下
Oh no, no, wait, wait, wait.
好了 你看到什么
Now, what do ya see?
具体些
Be specific.
不不 准确些
No, no, be exact.
确切点
Be exact.
仔细感受 明白吗
But sensitive, you understand.
耐心点
Be kind.
做个真正的人吧 我只能说到这了
Be a human being, that's all I can say.
哪怕就这一次 认认真真去感受这幅画
Be a human being for once in your life.
这些作品值得你付出感情
These pictures deserve compassion
在敏感的观众眼中 它们是有生命的
and they live or die in the eye of the sensitive viewer.
而唯有感受到它们存在的人才能使其复活
They quicken only if the empathetic viewer will let them.
那正是它们所渴求的
That is what they cry out for.
那正是它们存在的理由
That is why they were created.
那也正是它们的价值所在
That is what they deserve.
现在 你看到了什么
Now what do you see?
-红色 -你喜欢红色吗
- Red? - But do ya like it?
-是 -说出来
Yeah,speak up.
-是的 -没错
- Yes! - Yes, yes,
你当然喜欢它
of course you like it.
你怎么能不喜欢呢
How can you not like it.
现在人们喜欢一切
Everyone likes everything now a days.
他们喜欢电视 喜欢留声机
They like the television and the phonograph
喜欢汽水 洗发露和花生酥
and the soda pop and the shampoo and the Cracker Jack.
一切都趋于同化
Everything becomes everything else.
每一样东西都很好 很漂亮 让人喜欢
It's all nice and pretty and likable.
每一样东西都很有趣 是吗
Everything's fun in the sun, huh?
哪里有什么区别
Where's the discernment?
哪里有什么裁断 可以将我所谓喜欢的
Where's the arbitration that separates what I like
同我认为值得尊重的艺术品区分开来呢
from what I respect, what I deem worthy?
现在听我说
What, listen to me now,
什么是有意义的
what has significance.
也许我在对牛弹琴
Maybe this is a dinosaur talking.
也许我才是那头恐怖的蛮牛
Maybe I'm just a dinosaur sucking up the oxygen
把你这只躲在灌木丛里等妈妈的小动物
from you cunning little mammals hiding in the bushes
吓得大气不敢出
waiting to take over.
也许我说的东西
Maybe I'm speaking a lost language
你们这代人已经听不懂了
unknown to your generation.
但是不认真追求生命意义的一代
But a generation that does not aspire to seriousness,
是不配在前人的树荫下
to meaning, is unworthy to walk in the shadow
乘凉的
of those who have gone before.
那些艰苦奋斗 克服困难的人
I mean those who have struggled and surmounted,
那些胸怀梦想的人
I mean those who have aspired.
比如伦勃朗
I mean Rembrandt.
欧洲17世纪最伟大的画家之一 也是荷兰历史上最伟大的画家
比如透纳
I mean Turner.
英国最为著名的艺术家之一 19世纪上半叶英国学院派画家的代表
比如米开朗基罗和马蒂斯
I mean Michelangelo and Matisse.
前者为意大利文艺复兴时期伟大的绘画家 雕塑家 建筑师和诗人
后者为20世纪法国著名画家 雕塑家 版画家 野兽派创始人和主要代表人物
显然 还有罗斯科
I mean obviously Rothko.
20世纪中期美国抽象派画家
你有所追求吗
Do you aspire?
是的
Yes.
追求什么
To what?
你追求什么
To what do you aspire?
我想成为一位画家 所以我想我渴望画画
I want to be a painter so I guess I aspire to painting.
但你穿得不像画画的
Then those clothes won't do.
我们先从这个开始
Now we work here.
把你的外套挂在外面
Hang up your jacket outside.
不不 我很感激
No, no, I appreciate it.
你穿的这么正式 想给我留个好印象
You put on your Sunday clothes to impress me.
我印象很深 也很感动
It's poignant really, it touches me
但是它很可笑
but it's ridiculous.
我们是要在这里辛苦干活的
We work hard here.
这里不是传统的沙龙
This isn't a god-damn old world salon
没有茶点和柠檬水
with teacakes and lemonade.
去把你的外套挂在外面吧
Go hang up your jacket outside.
西德尼告诉你我要你做什么了吗
Sidney told you what I need here?
是的
Yes.
工作时间跟那银行职员一样
We start every morning at nine and we work until five.
朝九晚五
Just like bankers.
你需要帮我铺平画布 混合颜料
You'll help me stretch the canvases, mix the paints,
清洗画笔 制♥作♥画架
clean the brushes, build the stretchers,
移♥动♥图画 同时也帮忙在空白处
move the paintings, also help apply ground color,
填涂底色
which is not painting.
所以 如果你对你的工作
So any lunatic assumptions
有什么愚蠢的期许 你要立刻抛弃
you make in that direction you need to banish immediately.
你需要帮我送饭 递烟 服从一切命令
You'll pick up food, cigarettes, anything else I want,
不管那会多苛刻 甚至有辱你的尊严
any whim, no matter how demanding or demeaning.
你不喜欢的话 现在就可以走
You don't like that you can leave right now.
回答我 留下或离开
Answer me, yes or no?
-留下 -仔细考虑
- Yes. - Consider.
我不是你导师 也不是你父亲
I'm not your rabbi, I'm not your father,
我不是你的心理医生
I'm not your shrink.
我不是你的老师 也不是你的朋友
I'm not your teacher, I'm not your friend.
我是你的老板 明白吗
I am your employer, you understand?
-是的 -作为我的助手
- Yes. - As my assistant,
你会在这里看到很多东西
you're gonna see many things here.
很多有创造性的东西
Many ingenious things.
但它们都是秘密
But they're all secret.
你不能跟外人谈论这里一切
You cannot talk about any of this.
别以为我没有对头 因为我有
Don't think I don't have enemies, because I do.
并且不仅仅是其他的那些画家
And I don't just mean those other painters
画廊主人和博物馆馆长
and gallery owners and museum curators
还有那些该死的艺术评论家
and god damn son of a bitch art critics.
更别提大批不满的观众了
Not to mention that vast panoply of disgruntled viewers
那些厌恶我和我作品的人
who loathe me and my work
因为他们没有思想 没有耐心
because they do not have the heart, nor the patience,
没有能力去思考 去领悟
nor the capacity to think, to understand,
他们甚至不能称作真正的人
because they're not even human beings like we talked about.
记住了吗
You remember?
记住了
Yes.
我正在创造一系列壁画
I'm painting a series of murals now.
我会画大概30到40幅
I'll probably do 30 or 40.
然后挑出适合音乐厅的最有韵律的一幅画
Then choose which work best in concert, like a fugue.
你需要帮我刷上底漆
You'll help me put on the undercoat.
然后我先画一部分 仔细审视
Then I'll paint them, then I'll look at them,
然后再画
电影精选列表