转而觊觎别的倒霉鬼
I saw a look in that man's eye tonight,Ariadne.
今晚我看到他的眼神 阿丽德妮
The same look I saw in Rome.
跟我在罗马看到的一样
But the Senator never laid a hand on you.
但议员从未染指你?
Only because I left Rome before he could.
幸好我在他动手前离开罗马
Now Rome has followed us back to Pompeii
现在他从罗马跟随我们 到了庞贝
to turn the world inside out.
会搞得天翻地覆
You certainly know how to prepare for a battle.
你真懂得准备比赛
I hope she was worth it.
希望她是值得的
A terrible waste of good wine.
糟蹋了好酒
Can you feel that?
你能感觉到吗?
It is the gods.
是诸神
- They have a plan for us all. - Perhaps.
- 他们对芸芸众生自有安排 - 也许吧
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Tonight I saw the man who killed my whole family.
今晚我看到杀死我全家的人
Perhaps the gods spared me for a reason.
也许诸神让我存活有其理由
The Romans took my family from me 20 years ago.
20年前罗马人夺走我的家人
At night I try and remember their faces,but I cannot.
每晚 我努力回想他们的面孔 但我想不起来
But I know one day,the gods will bring me to them again.
但我知道总有一天 神会让我找到他们
My name is Milo.
我叫米洛
Atticus.
阿提卡斯
You,that tunnel.
你 那个隧♥道♥
Send The Celt into that tunnel.
把凯尔特人送进那个隧♥道♥
I thought he was to fight Atticus.
我以为他要跟阿提卡斯对打
- You're being given new instructions. - Yes,Master.
- 你有新的指示 - 是 主人
And Atticus?
那阿提卡斯和谁打?
He'll fight single combat as billed.
他照常单打独斗
Put him with the big Spartan. He'll give the audience a good show.
让他跟斯巴达大汉对打 给观众一场精彩比赛
And Atticus will beat him and win his freedom.
那阿提卡斯会打败他赢得自♥由♥
Is that really what the audience will want to see?
观众真的想看到这一幕?
What are you saying?
你想说什么?
Don't you think they'd rather see a gladiator meeting death rather than life?
不觉得他们宁可看到 角斗士赴死而不是苟活?
Especially a death as glorious as his?
尤其是死得光荣?
Stop.
站住
You.
你
That way.
那边
You too,barbarian.
你也是 野蛮人
Senator Corvus.
科佛斯议员
Lady Cassia.
凯西雅小姐
Come sit beside me.
过来坐我身边
Give me the benefit of your wisdom.
用你的智慧为我增光
Do YOU enjoy the sports?
喜欢看这种竞赛吗?
Men killing each other for our amusement is not a sport.
看人互相残杀为乐 不算竞赛
Everywhere. All new.
到处都是 全是新裂痕
I don't have time for this,Graecus. What are you suggesting?
我没空跟你扯 葛雷克斯 你在暗示什么?
That we cancel the games?
取消比赛?
Of course not. Merely postpone them.
当然不是 只是延后
This amphitheater has stood for a hundred years.
这座竞技场已矗立一百年
It withstood the great earthquake.
禁得起大地震
It may not be safe. Use your eyes.
可能不安全 睁亮眼
I'm just saying I cannot be held responsible for what may happen.
声明在先 有什么事我可无法负责
Then don't be. I take full responsibility.
那就不要理会 我负全责
How can we expect Rome to trust us to rebuild an entire city
我们哪能期望 罗马托付我们重建整座城市
if we can't stage a simple bloody spectacle?
如果我们办不成简单的角斗?
Fetch my litter.
拿我的行囊来
I'm leaving town for a few days.
我要出城几天
Move.
快走
Stop. Shackle them!
站住 铐住他们
What is this?
这是干嘛?
This is your greatest moment,Atticus.
这是你最伟大的时刻 阿提卡斯
Your final day in the arena.
你在竞技场的末日
I'm supposed to fight single combat.
我应该要单挑的
Bring them their weapons!
给他们武器
Good fortune,Atticus.
祝好运 阿提卡斯
To those about to die,we salute you!
赴死者 我们向你们致敬
By the patronage of Marcus Cassius Severus and for the glory of Emperor Titus,
由马库斯·赛佛勒主持 献给提图斯皇帝的盛世
remember,all here,the mighty victory of Senator Quintas Attius Corvus
并特此谨记 科佛斯议员的非凡胜利
and his annihilation of the Celtic Rebellion.
和他铲平凯尔特人叛乱的功迹
The Celtic Rebellion?
凯尔特人叛乱?
Your great and noble victory for the Empire,Senator,
您为了帝国的伟大和高贵胜利
re-opening the northern trade routes.
重开北方贸易路线
The history books record it as your finest hour.
史书会记下您的壮举
I thought perhaps you might like the honor of opening these games in a similar manner.
我想您应该也想要光荣开赛
Severus,you flatter me.
赛佛勒斯 我受宠若惊了
We'll make a Roman out of you yet.
我们会让你享有罗马人的殊荣
People of Pompeii!
庞贝的子民
May Jupiter and Venus bless the Vinalia and honor these games!
愿朱比特和维纳斯 保佑维纳丽亚节并颂扬比赛
Let the games begin!
竞赛开始
- This isn't a battle. - What?
- 这不是格斗 - 什么?
This is a massacre.
这是一场屠♥杀♥
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
Because I was there.
因为我是过来人
The rebel Celts are in retreat,
反叛的凯尔特人正在撤离
leaving rape and slaughter in their wake,
留下强♥暴♥ 杀戮尾随而至
returning to their unholy lair to feast on the flesh of their innocent victims.
返回遭亵渎的巢穴 饱尝无辜受害者的血肉
This is what you've trained for,scum.
这就是你们受训的目的 人♥渣♥
Now get out there.
赶快出来
Quintas Attius Corvus gave them every chance to surrender.
昆塔斯·科佛斯 给他们投降的机会
But mercy was an alien concept to these savages,
但慈悲对野蛮人来说是陌生概念
and with heavy heart,Quintas Attius Corvus
怀抱沉重的心 昆塔斯·科佛斯
ordered his mighty legions,in the name of the Emperor,to attack.
下令他的强大军团 以皇帝之名攻击
Shields up!
举盾
Push!
推进
Is this what you call sport?
你称这是所谓的竞赛?
No,Lady Cassia,this is not sport. This is politics.
不 小姐 这不是竞赛 这是政♥治♥
We can't hold them!
我们挡不住他们
Back!
后退
Severus,this is not exactly how I remember it.
赛佛勒斯 我记得不该是这样
What exactly is that slave to you?
那奴隶对你有何意义?
Everything that you are not,Senator.
跟你南辕北辙 议员
Then you should be pleased to learn
那你该很高兴得知
your father has granted me your hand in marriage.
令尊已把你许配给我
- What? - I made no such arrangement.
- 什么?- 我没做过这种约定
Because he knows that if he does not,
因为他知道要是拒绝了
I will inform Titus that your father has called into question
我会通报提图斯皇帝 令尊质疑
our "new" emperor's ability to rule.
"新"皇帝的统治能力
Titus will have your entire family hung from the city walls.
皇帝会把你全家吊死在城墙
Milo!
米洛
If I were to marry you...
如果我要嫁给你
- Cassia... - If I marry you,
- 凯西雅 - 如果我嫁给你
is my family spared?
我的家人能免于一死吗?
Your family will become my family,
你的家人就会成为我的家人
under the protection of the Emperor.
受到皇帝的保护
With all of the benefits that that implies.
并拥有各种附带优势
Pompeii! Pompeii! Pompeii!
庞贝 庞贝 庞贝
Senator!
议员
I do not yield to the power of Rome!
我不会屈服于罗马的力量
I spit on it!
我唾弃它
He would not dare.
量他没这个胆
Pompeii! Pompeii! Pompeii!
庞贝 庞贝 庞贝
Get a detachment in the arena now.
加派士兵进入竞技场 马上
Now!
快去
You were right,brother.
你说的对 兄弟
Everything they promised,nothing but lies.
他们承诺的一切全是谎言
Live! Live! Live!
赦免 赦免 赦免 赦免
What do you think you're doing?
你到底想干嘛?
Madame,take your seat!
夫人 坐好
If you want to live you will sit down!
想活命就给我坐下
Now!
马上
If you kill him now,
如果你现在杀他
on the tip of 100 Roman arrows,you make him a martyr to the mob.