当然 我们加入宾客 好吗?
Perhaps your daughter can bring it.
也许能带你女儿出来一见
My daughter?
小女?
Look over there.
看那里
The slave who can talk to horses.
能跟马说话的奴隶
He is a fine specimen.
他真有男人味
Well,you can't deny it.
好了 你不能否认
Turn around.
转身
Cassia.
凯西雅
May I impose upon you for a moment?
我能占用你一下时间吗?
Your presence has been requested.
有位客人要求见你
Yes,of course,Father.
当然 父亲
You will need this. it is not for you.
拿着 但不是给你的
- Cassia,may I introduce... - Senator Corvus.
- 凯西雅 容我介绍…- 科佛斯议员
Lady Cassia.
凯西雅小姐
My,how I have missed you.
天啊 我好想你
You are exquisite.
你美极了
Senator Corvus,I don't know what to say.
议员大人 我不知道该说什么
For me? How kind.
给我的?真体贴
You two have met?
你们彼此认识?
Severus,you're still here.
赛佛勒斯 你还在啊
I did not know you knew my daughter.
我不知道你认识小女
Then you should hear the whole story.
那你该听听来龙去脉
Tomorrow in the arena when I sign your pledges.
明天在竞技场签约时再聊
Thank you.
谢谢
Marcus?
马库斯
The Senator and Cassia have already met,in Rome.
议员和凯西雅在罗马就已相识
Then she requires a chaperone.
那她需要个女伴
She survived a year in Rome without us.
她没有我们 都能在罗马熬过一年
I'm sure she can survive 10 minutes on our balcony.
这是在自家露台 她一定能应付这10分钟
In Rome,I thought we had an understanding.
在罗马 我以为我们已达成共识
No. You had an understanding.
不 是你一箱情愿
One for which I gave you no cause.
我没给你机会
Your mere presence gives me cause,My Lady
你光是出现 就给了我机会 小姐
A beauty such as yours has no place in a holiday resort like this.
像你这种美人 不该待在这种假日胜地
Surely,a creature such as you can have no home but in the Eternal City.
当然像你这种尤物 只属于永恒之城
Senator,I have no intention of returning to Rome.
议员 我根本不想回罗马去
And if you were to return as my wife?
倘若是以我妻子的身份回去呢?
Your wife?
你妻子?
You may consider it a compliment.
你也许当作是恭维
Senator Corvus,I believe you have mistaken me
科佛斯议员 我想你误会我是那些
for the kind of woman who drapes herself across your lap in Rome.
女人 在罗马坐你大腿的那种
I have no wish to become your wife.
我也不愿成为你的妻子
A spirited refusal. I would have expected nothing less.
断然拒绝 如我所料
Enjoy the remains of the Vinalia,Senator. Good night.
好好享受维纳丽亚节的尾声吧 晚安
Is this normal?
这样正常吗?
It is the mountain. It grumbles from time to time.
是火山 时不时会有抱怨
Bring this man. I need him.
把这个人带来 我需要他
- My Lady... - Now!
- 小姐 - 马上
My Lady,it's Vires!
小姐 是弗尔斯
Please,before he injures himself.
拜托 免得它伤了自己
I have to go in alone.
我得单独进去
No.
不行
Let him.
让他进去
My Lady,he's a savage.
小姐 他是野蛮人
Let him.
让他进去
Easy!
冷静
My Lady,he's not safe.
小姐 他很危险
Move.
让开
Wait outside.
在外面等
How did you do that?
你怎么做到的?
I asked him.
我问过他
You could ride before you were a gladiator?
你在成为角斗士前 就会骑马?
I could ride before I could walk.
我在会走路前 就会骑马
My people were horsemen.
我的族人都 曾经是驯马高手
"Were" horsemen?
"曾经是"?
My family were butchered by the Romans.
我的家人被罗马人赶尽杀绝
- I'm so sorry. - "Sorry"?
- 很遗憾 - "遗憾"?
What would a Roman know of such things?
罗马人哪会懂这些些?
I am not a Roman. I'm a citizen of Pompeii.
我不是罗马人 我是庞贝公民
Then why do I see Rome's eagle everywhere I turn?
为何罗马的鹰旗到处可见?
I'm no part of that.
这跟我无关
After a year in Rome,I hoped never to see that eagle again.
在罗马待一年后 我再也不想看那面鹰旗了
And yet,here it is,thrust into the soil outside my home.
然而 这也有了 已经渗透到我家门外
My father believes that he can bargain with those animals.
家父相信他能跟那些禽兽协议
My father...
换作我爸
He would have killed every last one of them.
会将他们诛尽杀绝
My Lady?
小姐?
If they catch you up there they'll punish you.
他们逮到你骑在马上会惩罚你
My Lady?
小姐?
My Lady,is everything all right?
小姐 一切还好吗?
Wait! Come back!
等等 回来
Come back!
回来
What's wrong?
怎么了?
If they catch you up here with me...
万一他们逮到你跟我在这里
I'll tell them it was my choice.
我会说 是我自愿
There they are!
他们在那里
I have to take you back.
我得送你回去
No. You go and leave me here.
不 你走 留下我
If you ride you have a chance.
你骑走它 这是个机会
- A chance at what? - At freedom.
- 什么机会?- 自♥由♥
But at what cost to you?
但你要付出什么代价?
Tell the guards I brought you here by force.
告诉警卫 我强行带你来这里
The blame is mine.
把责任归咎于我
Get him off that horse!
把他拖下来
It wasn't his fault. The horse bolted. It was out of control.
不是他的错 马脱缰逃走 失控了
Senator,please. This slave saved my life.
议员 拜托 这奴隶救了我一命
He does not deserve this.
他不该被处决
- Lady Cassia,you were unharmed? - I'm perfectly all right.
- 凯西雅小姐 你没受伤吧?- 我毫发无损
If I were to spare the life of this slave,what would it be worth to you?
要我放这奴隶一条生路 你怎么报答我?
Senator?
议员?
I believe you understand the question,my dear.
想必你明白这个问题 亲爱的
I would be grateful for your mercy.
我会很感激你的慈悲
Well...
好吧
This is your lucky day,slave. The Lady Cassia has saved your life.
今天你走运 奴隶 凯西雅小姐救了你的小命
Who owns this slave?
这奴隶是谁的?
I do,Senator.
我的 议员
Then I suggest you punish it and then remove it.
那我建议你杀一儆百 然后放了
Fifteen lashes should suffice.
15鞭应该足够
After all,mercy is a virtue.
毕竟 慈悲是一种美德
Father,you have to stop this.
父亲 你得制止
There's nothing I can do about it.
我爱莫能助
You saved his life.
你救了他一命
Content yourself with that.
你已该庆幸
Senator Corvus requires a service of you.
科佛斯议员有求于你
Of me?
我?
This gladiator.
这个角斗士
What do you have planned for him tomorrow?
你明天对他有何安排?
He fights last.
他最后上场
- Single combat against my champion. - No.
- 跟我的冠军单打独斗 - 不行
He fights first. And he dies first.
他最先上场 得先送死
Fifteen lashes and he didn't make a sound.
他被鞭15下都没吭一声
I could have prevented this.
我原本能阻止这一切
I don't know what I was thinking.
我乱了思绪
That he made you feel alive?
他让你感到活力
He made me feel safe.
他让我感到安全
A man like that does not deserve to die in the arena.
那种男人不应当死在竞技场
This is not your fault,Cassia.
这不是你的错 凯西雅
He has caught the Senator's wrath.
他激怒议员了
I thought that,in leaving Rome,that man would forget about me
我以为离开罗马 那个人会忘记我
and turn his attentions toward some other poor victim.